I really don't like Deus Ex: HR

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Knobody13 said:
For starters this game claims that you can "play it how you want." Well that couldn't be farther from the truth. This is a stealth game plain and simple; you just get to choose whether it is a game where u shoot people that know your around there somewhere, shoot people that have no idea your there, or u can choose to not kill people but instead put them into a magical coma with your non lethal pistol/tazer and tranq rifle. But what you cannot do under any circumstance is stand up and stop using their stupid ass fucking cover system, more on that later, because u will die instantly.
Just like many other games. Yay chest high walls! At least in this game they are desks and crates and other things you might well expect to find being chest high, not magical brick walls randomly in the middle of a battlefield.

You also forget there are generally at least 2 ways into a place, often more. Lets take the appartment building in shanghai -

* Front door (really a bad idea)
* Vent to the right (less bad idea, but still pretty bad unless you have cloak 3)
* Scaffolding to the left (best idea)
* Over nearby rooftops (similar to above really)

I bet theres another way I missed, through the sewers or something.

- snip -

lets start with the "AI" and all the wonderful intelligence they have been blessed with. basically every single enemy i have come across has one single set path where they walk between one or 2 points, stopping occasionally. They never deviate at all or have any sort of realistic rhyme or reason to how they are moving.
And this is different to splinter cell et al HOW? I've never seen a game with an AI that doesn't do this. If there is one, please enlighten me.

They cant seem to see anything u do except for randomly every once and a while when they are nowhere near u. They can hear up to about 3 feet away from themselves. unless u dare try to kill someone with a melee attack. Heaven forbid u harm a human being(but we will get back to that) Basically if u are crouching and u arent directly in front of someone u could follow them around their entire patrol route without them noticing. 2 people are in a room less than 10 feet from each other. No problem just melee on then walk over and melee the other. Stealth AI is notoriously bad but this is just a joke.
I'll admit, some of the guards in plain view didn't seem to notice that I was beating up their mate, but I chalked that up to augmented vision. Seeing as how I could see in long vent tunnels that should have been pitch black to normal vision.

but i guess the thing that pisses me off most of all, is that certain gameplay types actually get more experience than others.u get MORE experience for not killing someone(remember the magical coma). and u get loads more experience for meleeing someone but make sure u do a nonlethal melee attack because ure character has to kill people in the noises way possible. because u know getting stabbed is way noisier than getting the shit beaten out of you. This makes no sense.
More exp for the riskier route. You get a lot less non-lethal ammo, so takedowns are a key thing here. Lets not forget that enemies can be woken up if their mate spots them, not only raising the alarm but meaning you wasted any ammo you used on them.

and the controls are just freaking awful. U have no choice but to use toggle iron sights, when u stick to cover u cant peek with the iron sight button
Yes you can, also laser sights own.
but u have to move to the edge. the melee button and cover change button do different things depending on if u hold or tap them/
Yeah, that was kind of annoying. Number of times I've had an enemy coming at me from round a corner and you can ONLY do a non-lethal takedown because in the time it takes to "hold" Q they have raised an alert
The sprint is a joke. most of the upgrades are pointless and feel like they should have been unlocked from the beginning.
Sprint is fine once you upgrade it and I only ever sprinted when moving around hubs. Too noisy in a misison

Oh and the voice acting is shitty but u cant tell because the idle animations during conversations look like the character has parkinsons 50 percent of the time.

The music and art are nice tho. I guess that is a plus. So ya someone please tell me what im doing wrong or why I'm wrong.
Sounds like you got a very different experience to me. I'm itching for my second playthrough, try out that social mod and perhaps get improved radar this time.

Also not going to waste a point extending my battery since I never have enough protein bars to be worth it anyway.

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
Knobody13 said:
KaizokuouHasu said:
Liberaliter said:
So you don't like the game? Good for you, no one gives a shit. What do you want from us exactly?
Hey! I care. If I'm about to cough up £40-ish for this game brand new, it had better be fucking good and not include these small annoyances that are a game breaker for me. I'm glad I'm finding people who criticise it, because frankly 100/100 score doesn't tell me shit about the game!

So, I'm a sceptic, and the onus is on the developers to make me rest easy. So far they haven't.

Knobody13 said:
what i really wanted was to you know have a discussion . . . u know in a forum where people go to talk. U dont owe me shit but if u were interested in the sharing of thoughts and ideas id be down with that
If you can avoid spoilers, is there anything else about the game that was kind of a deal-breaker for you? I want to know if I should buy the game at full price or wait until it reaches the bargain bin.
My complaints rest almost entirely with the gameplay. In my initial incoherent rant that's all i criticize so u can read that with out fear of spoilers. If the story is what your interested in I would say to go for it. It has kept me playing even though i obviously find the gameplay lacking. I did say that i did not like the voice acting and i will stick by that but its nothing that will ruin the game. The actor twitching however cannot be unseen once u have seen it. It bothers me so much i dont look at people when they talk anymore. I just read the subtitles and wait for the pretty cutscenes.

Also if you have a hard time getting used to odd control schemes u will definitley hate how this game plays.
Thank you. I'm much more confident about the game now. :3

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
LordRoyal said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
Knobody13, you do have some valid points, and yeah human revolution doesn't allow you to play ANY way you want, you have to understand that gaming just hasn't come that far yet,
The original Deus Ex gave you plenty ways to play it however you wanted. The game allowed you to go guns blazing quite easily if you say grabbed enough thermoptic camo and the regeneration aug, you were a literal walking tank, or you could play the game without a single NPC seeing you.

And that game came out in 2001.

Exactly. Altough I am pretty sure it was 2000. The GOTY-edition came out in 2001. While I cannot say anything about HR, since I haven't played it yet, I had to point out that the original gave you basically dozens of ways to proceed depending on your equipment, playstyle, skills and augmentations.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
You really should have cleaned up the original post. It's like you didn't put any effort to how comprehensible you are. Regardless, I'll give it a shot:

Knobody13 said:
For starters this game claims that you can "play it how you want." Well that couldn't be farther from the truth. This is a stealth game plain and simple; you just get to choose whether it is a game where u shoot people that know your around there somewhere, shoot people that have no idea your there, or u can choose to not kill people but instead put them into a magical coma with your non lethal pistol/tazer and tranq rifle. But what you cannot do under any circumstance is stand up and stop using their stupid ass fucking cover system, more on that later, because u will die instantly.
Ok, it's not a pure stealth game. Actually, I kind of wished it was more of a stealth game. I'm currently on my second playthrough and playing it Rambo style. I'm finding it easier than my initial stealth playthrough. Just because the game has a cover system, doesn't mean it's a stealth game. Hell, is Gears of War a stealth game then? How about Mass Effect 2? Cover based shooter does not a stealth game make.

Furthermore, how long have you played the game? Because it does sound like you're not very far. You're fully able to exit the cover once you get cloak (for stealth character) or armor (for Rambo).

Knobody13 said:
but u know what i dont give a frak if the game doesn't want to give me choice as long as the gameplay im pigeonholed into is good. I actually LIKE stealth games. The splinter cell games are great fun. I love metal Gear Solid. I've played every single Bethesda game as a sneak character, ive played 3 SOCOM games, i played stalker like a kneay ghost dishing out Ukranian justice and honestly u could list a trillion more examples; basically stealth games are my shit. So i start this game with the intention of playing it how they want me to and after about an hour or so i realize how freaking dumb the AI is and how stupid the EXP distribution is.
Ok.

Knobody13 said:
lets start with the "AI" and all the wonderful intelligence they have been blessed with. basically every single enemy i have come across has one single set path where they walk between one or 2 points, stopping occasionally. They never deviate at all or have any sort of realistic rhyme or reason to how they are moving. They cant seem to see anything u do except for randomly every once and a while when they are nowhere near u. They can hear up to about 3 feet away from themselves. unless u dare try to kill someone with a melee attack. Heaven forbid u harm a human being(but we will get back to that) Basically if u are crouching and u arent directly in front of someone u could follow them around their entire patrol route without them noticing. 2 people are in a room less than 10 feet from each other. No problem just melee on then walk over and melee the other. Stealth AI is notoriously bad but this is just a joke.
Those are called patrolling paths. I do agree that it's not exactly realistic for someone guarding to go around the same circle over and over. However, it's not like they "never deviate" from their path. When they get alarmed by, for example, a gunshot, they stop patrolling and go check it out. When they do this they actually work somewhat together, sometimes going in pairs and stuff like that. When they're hostile, they're certainly not going by their patrolling path. I recall Metal Gear Solid 4 using a similar mechanic (The other games may also have but it's been ages since I played those).

Also, that "seeing you randomly while nowhere near you" thing never happened to me. Every time I did get spotted, the guard did have a line of sight on me. You can get an augmentation upgrade that shows the are that the guard sees on your radar. Maybe this will help your problem.

The thing about their range of hearing is correct though, and I found it a bit uncanny.

All in all, the AI is waaaay better than in the original, where stealth was accomplished by making the enemies half blind and have memory that is as good as Leonard Shelby's (from Memento by Christopher Nolan)

Knobody13 said:
but i guess the thing that pisses me off most of all, is that certain gameplay types actually get more experience than others.u get MORE experience for not killing someone(remember the magical coma). and u get loads more experience for meleeing someone but make sure u do a nonlethal melee attack because ure character has to kill people in the noises way possible. because u know getting stabbed is way noisier than getting the shit beaten out of you. This makes no sense.
Certain types of gameplay award you with different amount of XP because they're different in difficulty level.

Easiest choice is to gun down everyone: Least amount of XP
Second easiest is to bypass everyone: No immediate XP but a wad at the end of the mission.
Hardest is to take everyone down non-lethally: Most XP

I find it funny how you complain about realism regarding the takedowns, and yet also complain about you being killed by a couple of bullets. You know, that's how bullets work, realistically. Can't say you're being incorrect about that though, I just find your post sort of inconsistent.

Knobody13 said:
and the controls are just freaking awful. U have no choice but to use toggle iron sights, when u stick to cover u cant peek with the iron sight button but u have to move to the edge. the melee button and cover change button do different things depending on if u hold or tap them/ The sprint is a joke. most of the upgrades are pointless and feel like they should have been unlocked from the beginning.
Control preference is subjective I guess. It did require some adjusting, but I got used to it fairly quickly and in the end they felt really tight.

Also, I don't think most upgrades are pointless. Could you go into specifics here? There are some that I didn't have any need for (such as the analyzing augment for hacking), but certainly not most upgrades should have been given to you right from the get-go.

Knobody13 said:
Oh and the voice acting is shitty but u cant tell because the idle animations during conversations look like the character has parkinsons 50 percent of the time.
The voice acting is a bit awkward at times, but not horrible. It's nothing compared to, say, Witcher.

The animations are a bit spazzy, yes. The head bobbing especially.

Knobody13 said:
The music and art are nice tho. I guess that is a plus. So ya someone please tell me what im doing wrong or why I'm wrong.
The music and art-style are indeed quite nice.

You're right on some aspects, wrong on others (in my opinion, that is). I personally thought Deus Ex: Human Revolution to be fairly amazing, despite some of it's hiccups.

Also, none of your listed flaws hold up to the biggest flaw of the game: The boss battles.

svenjl

Mar 16, 2011
I would say this game is a mash-up of ME2 and Crysis 2, which I know is on one hand a silly thing to say, but serves as a reference point. It's not as refined as either of those in terms of weapons combat, but I do thinkmthe stealth is well done. I've been frustrated a few times at being detected, only to in hindsight see where I went wrong as a gamer. Of course you have to suspend disbelief sometimes - you know, playing a video game and all :-O
The visuals are ok, the animations ranging from acceptable to bizarre, the story is convoluted but interesting. I haven't had any major gameplay/control issues. You can't reassign the controls which I was annoyed about, but it all works well with practice. People who are undecided should bear in mind that this is ultimately a stealth based cover shooter. Run, gun and die in a hail of crossfire every time. All in all I really like it so far - money well spent.

Knobody13

Feb 16, 2010
[/quote]
Tsukuyomi said:
Actually the controls don't seem all that weird to me. Admittedly the left-trigger to hug-cover bit is a bit odd, but it's no different than something like Mass Effect 2. Just a little more complicated is all. Which, given that I've had issues in ME 2 with taking and keeping cover in the heat of a fight, it doesn't seem that bad. Gears of War I think had a similar setup and people seem okay with that. Thus far to me it just seems like something to get used to. Perhaps not the most efficient model, but it seems like the devs were trying to give you better control in terms of having less moments where your head pops out when you don't want it to, like the world's juiciest watermelon just sitting atop a box and being a prime target for small, fast-moving bits of lead. It's a bit more complicated, but in theory complication means more control and more control means less accidental dying because you popped out of cover when you didn't mean to. It may not be perfect, but it seems like a good thing so far.

Augments....if anything I feel like they unlocked the wrong ones from the start. Sure, some are fine, but I did not get the sense that I was somehow 'superior' to normal humans when I started. Admittedly one doesn't expect to be Superman from the start, but if Jensen is supposed to be better than human, why is he taking fall-damage from rather small heights? Why does one poorly-placed bullet kill him? If anything one acquires Praxis Points too slowly. I don't mind unlocking things, but give me a way to that doesn't take forever.

As far as the non-lethal option goes...well...I think that might be part and parcel to the story. Augmented or Not, all life is ostensibly important. Jensen, as far as I can see right now, is portrayed to be a seeker of truth. He's not here to take sides in the debate. He's got no side. He's just here to do his job for Sarif and ensure people don't get hurt. That is the point of security after all. Well, in theory anyway. But, like many things in the game, all those lines are blurred and we could debate all day about it. However I think the base point could be constructed that non-lethal is a more challenging playstyle, thus the reward in theory should be higher for the risk/investment you put into doing things that way.

I think when they talk about choosing play-style, what they mean is that you have a large amount of options to solve a given situation. Naturally they all fall into the broader realm of either Stealth of Combat, but developers can only do so much in what is supposed to be a story-driven experience.

As far as the AI goes, yeah. They seem a bit dense at times, but...taking context into account, I don't think they're that bad. Take the tutorial mission as an example. They've secured a Sarif Factory, taken hostages, and they know that SWAT is outside the building and for some reason not coming in. They're gonna be tense. I can see where it might go 'okay...if I just stick to THIS area and do my job, I should be fine.' Yeah, that's kinda bullshit, but eh. Realistically it just makes for less annoying moments. Ever play Arkham Asylum and suddenly wind up with two guards following eachother so close that you can't even Silent Takedown one? Yeah. It's annoying. Sure, they've altered their path and everything and that's great, but now you have to figure out how to pry them apart from eachother. and that's just annoying as hell. At least having them see what happened to their comrades and react is real and can help to alter their pathing and whatnot. But them staying on one patrol helps you get on with the bloody game.

Also....did you know that if you're probably 12 feet in the air say on something like cargo-crates or an H-frame most regular people really will NOT notice you? Yeah. Working with and on those things is part of my job and it's true. probably eight times out of ten people will walk right under you completely oblivious. They simply aren't that aware of their surroundings. It may seem stupid, but humans can be stupid. It's "real" AI. Not perfect, obviously, (had a group try and shoot me through a door.) but if it's realism one is after, yeah. People are kinda stupid. Thus the AI being stupid works perfectly.

It's got flaws, but I don't think that it's anything players can't adapt to.

I really appreciate your response and i feel I should mention that I played the game on the PC where streamlined controls are far more important. I know designers have limitations but when i look at a comparable game like splinter cell conviction I find it hard to be simpathetic. As for the AI all you have to do is pick a corner slightly out of the way and throw a box at it. Almost every time only one of the people patrolling will come investigate it by walking over and staring directly into the corner with his back turned to the obvious location i threw from. Then its time for me to cue one of the 3 nonlethal takedowns at my disposal. Wash rinse and repeat.

Lord_Kristof

Sep 24, 2010
I didn't have the feeling this game was "geared" toward stealth. I'm around the 10 hour mark and my thought was that yes - jumping head-first into a firefight will kill you, but I found it remarkably easy to start a fight and then just own everyone in a short period of time. I'm playing on the medium setting (Give me a challenge) and my character isn't very combat-oriented.

So you may not like the game, but believe me when I tell you that your initial thought about combat being under-represented is, well, wrong. I'm planning on doing my second playthrough as a combat-only character and see how it goes, will turn up the difficulty to make sure it's not too easy. Because right now I tend to stick to my "look for a good vantage point and snipe the bastards" strategy more often than not, but only because I want to play like that. And when the bullets start flying, I really have no trouble switching to "exterminator" mode with no regard to stealth whatsover. I'm crap at being stealthy, most of the time I'm not even trying to do it in this game, opting for avoiding enemies altogether instead of sneaking past them.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Knobody13 said:
weker said:
Knobody13 said:
weker said:
Knobody13 said:
and wrong; but tell me how do u know this incorrect information about me?
Hmmm you have made me realize a few points and might penalize it for my review as the game proposes play how you want.
In future do not interact with trolls in such a way please, attempt to ignore them and just report anyone who is verbally abusing anyone in such a manner.

i forgot the most important rule of posting in forums
And don't forget about not posting images unless is fairly relevant to the topic it self, so best avoid posting the anti-troll pictures.
but a pictures worth a thousand words. Just think of all the added value I'm giving u free of charge?
That argument doesn't hold up against the mods I'm afraid. If they don't see what they think is enough text with an image, that'll be that.

Knobody13

Feb 16, 2010
Vanguard_Ex said:
Knobody13 said:
weker said:
Knobody13 said:
weker said:
Knobody13 said:
Hmmm you have made me realize a few points and might penalize it for my review as the game proposes play how you want.
In future do not interact with trolls in such a way please, attempt to ignore them and just report anyone who is verbally abusing anyone in such a manner.

And don't forget about not posting images unless is fairly relevant to the topic it self, so best avoid posting the anti-troll pictures.
but a pictures worth a thousand words. Just think of all the added value I'm giving u free of charge?
That argument doesn't hold up against the mods I'm afraid. If they don't see what they think is enough text with an image, that'll be that.
I wonder why that is a rule? just because they dont want it to be 4chan in here? I mean the escapist isn't hosting my picture. Well i guess it was fun while it lasted. ty for the heads up

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Knobody13 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Knobody13 said:
weker said:
Knobody13 said:
weker said:
Knobody13 said:

I wonder why that is a rule? just because they dont want it to be 4chan in here? I mean the escapist isn't hosting my picture. Well i guess it was fun while it lasted. ty for the heads up
I don't know, I think they just get a kick out of laying down rules. You won't get banned for it at this stage, I've done it several times and only faced probations and suspensions, despite the fucking snide implications that they'll ban me soon.
Anyway, you're good for now. Ignore the arrogant pricks that mingle in with us lot here and you'll be good ^__^

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I agree with you. It's not like Deus Ex. It's made in a completely different way, played in a completely different way, and the setting - although fascinating - doesn't add up with the original. It's basically a mediocre game - not bad, but not perfect either - hitchhiking on the name of one of the greatest games ever.

Still, better than Invisible War.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
Knobody13 said:
I also like sneaking around in firefights; it just makes more sense. What i was criticizing was the fact that the game advertises choice of playstyle as one of its strengths.
This statement implies that it's less the game that you dislike, but rather some of the marketing behind it. As it is, many including myself are enjoying this game. If it's not your thing, that's fine, you don't have to like it, but if you find the game enjoyable but believe the choice was overstated, don't dislike the game itself for that. I actually have noticed a few different ways to complete the missions I've encountered so far with a varying ratio of stealth to murder, but I must agree that at least the Barrett boss fight was, quite simply, a strictly combat affair. The advertising may have overstated the games features or it may not have, but if it has then it's important to remember that's pretty much what most advertising does anyway.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Lenin211 said:
I like how the op makes many statements that could be disagreed with, (like the controls, I could map them to my keys of choice.) and then calls everyone who doesn't agree with him a troll.
Well, he's more calling the people that called him a 'neckbearded virgin' trolls.

Console controls are fixed, and tehy so take a little getting used to.

I do wish EXP was a little more prolific tho.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Please, stop OT images, stop double posting and if you like, make a better effort on readability. Double posting will get you warned.

Knobody13 said:
Sorry this is a case of you having poor aim, I get by just fine running through and shooting anything that comes by in the head from the hip with the laser sight.

And the choice is mostly in the navigation, there's always a few ways to get round a room and often they're opened/made easier through having certain augs.

Knobody13 said:
but u know what i dont give a frak if the game doesn't want to give me choice as long as the gameplay im pigeonholed into is good. I actually LIKE stealth games. The splinter cell games are great fun. I love metal Gear Solid. I've played every single Bethesda game as a sneak character, ive played 3 SOCOM games, i played stalker like a kneay ghost dishing out Ukranian justice and honestly u could list a trillion more examples; basically stealth games are my shit. So i start this game with the intention of playing it how they want me to and after about an hour or so i realize how freaking dumb the AI is and how stupid the EXP distribution is.
The AI is about the same as MGS, this is intentional. The whole Huh? probably nothing- style of stealth is definitely inspired. The stand at cover, pop, shoot, drag corpse. Yeah, MGS. The only real difference is they're sharper, and the combat AI is much more aggressive, they won't allow you to stand behind cover if they can make a move forward safely.

Knobody13 said:
This makes up for the fact that you're forced to kill just about everyone if you go loud, and the security bots which come around also. Stealth play will get fewer knockouts and kills, since some are avoided, but they net more. It should roughly balance out.

Knobody13 said:
and the controls are just freaking awful. U have no choice but to use toggle iron sights, when u stick to cover u cant peek with the iron sight button but u have to move to the edge. the melee button and cover change button do different things depending on if u hold or tap them/ The sprint is a joke. most of the upgrades are pointless and feel like they should have been unlocked from the beginning.
The sprint, it's ridiculous, takes way too much to upgrade it to athsmatic fat kid levels. But the no-recoil and the laser sight thing and the movement induced penalty thing, You do fine without ADS, it's actually better.

And the keys are re-bindable so yeah I changed a lot of them like cover to q but honestly, 5 mins of work.

Knobody13 said:
I've tried. It just seems insane to bash the AI and love MGS at the same time since the stealth aspect is so close to it it's unbelievable.

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Please don't double post; they put an edit function for posts in there for good reason (Edit: And I think it's typically "good form" to put images in spoiler tags).

As for you not liking the game: While I disagree with your points I understand this your view of the game is based in the world of opinions so no matter how hard I caps lock my argument you will always think otherwise.

Oh yeah, AI is terrible in every game ever made; which is why the AI cheats in some games. The computer is a stupid machine; it can only do what it has been told to do. Plus, to get a better AI can take infinitely more processing power; processing power a lot of people can't spare.

Killertje

Dec 12, 2010
Deimateos said:
I pretty much bought it for the story, which I enjoyed. If you're having issues with the iron sights, playing Killing Floor will fix that right up (both are a "headshots only" affair). Once you find the laser sights, cover shooting is much more enjoyable

The only things I wish changed were Brody-Bale Jensen's face (OG Deus let you choose a few looks), Brody-Bale's "Batman" voice and a certain plot trope that made no sense that it happened (given Jensen's enhanced body mods and quicker reflexes). Namely,

How during the Vtol crash, Jensen's derptastic ass can't grab Malik and jump out the Vtol with her(especially if you have the icarus landing aug)

It's the only thing I found really annoying, since some mod/aug choices you make affect some other in-game cinematics.
You can save her you know... just like you could save your pilot in DX1. Just kill all the badguys before they do too much damage to the plane. Revolver with laser sight and exploding bullets works wonders.

As for the OP. You get less xp for ramboing because its easier. In my first playthrough I played sneaky and non lethal as much as possible. Im working on my second playthrough (both on hardest difficulty btw) and this time I kill everything that is gray/red on my radar. Of course the first time I was still getting used to the controls and the gameplay, but killing everything is SO much easier and faster. Taking your time to do it sneakily SHOULD give more xp.

And the boss fights, well frag/gas grenades/mines are your friends. If you do it right you can kill bosses in 10 seconds flat. Most die with just 5 grenades.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Knobody13 said:
Which is easier or requires more skill? Calling in an airstrike to kill all the bad guys or going in to eliminate them face to face?

Shooting someone isn't a great show of skill. Saying the game 'forces' you to play a certain way is false as it rewards you for both, just rewards the other (harder/slower) method more. You can still buy upgrades or find them, hack for points...

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
The game would've been better if it had a third person perspective toggle button...

scott91575

Jun 8, 2009
Killertje said:
Deimateos said:
I pretty much bought it for the story, which I enjoyed. If you're having issues with the iron sights, playing Killing Floor will fix that right up (both are a "headshots only" affair). Once you find the laser sights, cover shooting is much more enjoyable

The only things I wish changed were Brody-Bale Jensen's face (OG Deus let you choose a few looks), Brody-Bale's "Batman" voice and a certain plot trope that made no sense that it happened (given Jensen's enhanced body mods and quicker reflexes). Namely,

How during the Vtol crash, Jensen's derptastic ass can't grab Malik and jump out the Vtol with her(especially if you have the icarus landing aug)

It's the only thing I found really annoying, since some mod/aug choices you make affect some other in-game cinematics.
You can save her you know... just like you could save your pilot in DX1. Just kill all the badguys before they do too much damage to the plane. Revolver with laser sight and exploding bullets works wonders.

As for the OP. You get less xp for ramboing because its easier. In my first playthrough I played sneaky and non lethal as much as possible. Im working on my second playthrough (both on hardest difficulty btw) and this time I kill everything that is gray/red on my radar. Of course the first time I was still getting used to the controls and the gameplay, but killing everything is SO much easier and faster. Taking your time to do it sneakily SHOULD give more xp.

And the boss fights, well frag/gas grenades/mines are your friends. If you do it right you can kill bosses in 10 seconds flat. Most die with just 5 grenades.
Typhoon augmentation helps a lot with boss fights. I took out the second boss in no time using Typhoon attacks.