I scared myself. Now I can't sleep. HELP ME

Ducktard

Aug 9, 2010
tokae said:
Ducktard said:
Okay, I am a complete idiot, cause I read a lot of creepy shit today about things that I know aren't real but I still can't calm my fucking head down and get sleep. And I have to get sleep because I have school tomorrow

Anyone want to help a stupid person calm down?

Would help to know what it was that scared you, tell us. :)
I just read a bunch of urban legends about ghosts and shit. A lot of stuff put together.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Go to the nearest wood barefoot and without a torch, then put a blindfold on and try to find your way out while recounting scenes from the Blair Witch Project in your head. It's sure to work!

If you don't feel like that, play a game (not Amnesia!) for half an hour or so. That should push all the ghosts out of your head.

Also, INB4 PINKIE PIE

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
I suggest a nice cup of hot chocolate with a bit of Bailey?s in it if you are legally able to drink. I?ll tell you a silly story about how I dealt with the bad images and nightmares. When I was little, I would leave my shoes beside my bed with one toe pointing the bed and another pointing in the opposite direction. It sounds silly but when I was little, my cousins liked to scare me. So my aunt getting tired of me screaming late at night, made up this story that nothing bad would happen if I did that and I would have good dreams. It?s not much of a story but silly nonetheless.

Or... you can tell us what scared you and get it off of your chest.

darthmason0719

Dec 28, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Ducktard said:
Matthew94 said:

Just put on some music on an , lie down and eventually you will go to sleep.
NOT FUNNY
This will help you get over that.
<youtube=Xj6F_piB_HE>
Personally...
<spoiler= This always makes my eyelids droopy> Pleasant Dreams!
http://images.wikia.com/tardis/images/3/3c/Weeping_angels_by_BugsyXoX.gif
GODDAMN WEEPING ANGELS!!!

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Ekim Takusan said:
Try reading The Silmarillion, dunno why but it always puts me right to sleep.
The Silmarillion helps because its mind-numbingly dull.

OT: If you're not into reading archaically written fictional history books, then I would suggest Dramamine, the anti-emetic available at any store with OTC medicine. It'll knock you out cold with one pill if you haven't used it before.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Fap?

No seriously, sex will always make one not scared. Usually.

You can also just think of Danny Trejo kicking ass......

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Ducktard said:
Okay, I am a complete idiot, cause I read a lot of creepy shit today about things that I know aren't real but I still can't calm my fucking head down and get sleep. And I have to get sleep because I have school tomorrow

Anyone want to help a stupid person calm down?
<youtube=8R_tIUyvsRc>

Ooh, I'm evil.

In all reality, try singing to yourself. Sing something not very soothing (lullabyes can be creepy), preferably something that takes a bit of concentration. It's not great for falling asleep, but it'll calm you down good.

<youtube=rzc7QJ3cCjY>

bigj231

Feb 14, 2011
How about just listen to a lecture on thermodynamics? Especially one taught by my engineering professor.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
Listen to The Hymn of the Fayth arrangements from FFX over and over. Either its because the song is so calming it puts you to sleep or you just pass out.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Don't try to just go to sleep. Doesn't work.

Get up. splash water on your face, or even better, take a shower. Find an episode of the brightest, bubbliest show you can handle. Take a very short walk outside, ideally where it is cold. Go back to bed. If you still can't sleep after a while, get back up, and repeat as many of those steps as you want.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
Turn the lights out.
Stare into the darkest part of your house.
Whip it out.
You have now scared away whatever may or may not have been watching you. Sleep well.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
you are fucked because you are on the internet now, instead of sleeping. just deal with being tired the entire day tomorrow and try to get enough sleep tomorrow night

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Scaring yourself if definitely the worst, because anything you've imagined is much worse than anything someone else can show or tell you.

Unfortunately, I have no advice to avoid it...

Good luck :p