I suck at Minecraft

Gunpowder

Aug 7, 2011
no need to register :) but recommended if you have any questions to people on there. The moderators are very nice and fair and will do their best to answer your questions ;D

Khundes

Mar 25, 2011
I'm currently challenging myself everytime I start a new world now to build a base that won't go defunct when Notch makes torches expire and replaces them wil lanterns.

The first design was a palace of lava that was built out of nothing but glass, lava, and some stone halfblocks for stairs leading up the central tower(A dangerous tower since the corners were pillars of lava so the ciruclar stairway had to have glass ramps added). I've since them put the project on hold because acquiring all the lava is taking forever.

My latest design however is just a giant pit dug from the grouind to the bottom to always be illuminated by normal light. Monsters that spawn too close will just meet a dirt wall they can't climb over, and spiders fall to their deaths. An improvement was made due to endermen where the pit is built in the ocean, and so is the underwater access.

So I guess my advice would be: creatively challenge yourself with your house beyond it just "keeping you safe". Try to implement something that will meet an extra need. You'll most likely force yourself out of that square mentality of yours that way. :)

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
You don't need to be creative. Just look outside and look at the clouds. If it looks like a dog, make a giant dog shaped house. Easy :D

Juicebox52

Aug 11, 2011
Browse multiplayer servers and see what you find. Usually people don't care if you copy their things, but you can ask if you want. When i first started playing, i built my houses in the enviorement, Like tall mountains and cliffs. it just depends on how you want your buildings to come out, or what you find in your world.

foxyminks

Sep 22, 2011
Hey people of the world just found out the ghyz from "my island fortress" are giving out free beta games its a little like minecraft but 100 time better

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
My first Minecraft world corrupted, so I'll never see it again. :( But what I did with it was I found a mountain and hollowed it out, putting in a crap load of glass, flattening where i decided to flatten, but keeping the natural curve of the mountain everywhere else. (It was probably more of a hill than a mountain, I guess)