I think I've had enough of custom PC's and what goes into them

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I remember having to download Japanese drivers to get I think the DualShock 3 controller to work on PC. Now you just plug the thing into the PC and it works with Steam.

Whenever you're doing something you think might break stuff or a major kind of update, image your C: drive first. Then if something goes wrong, you just restore that image and you're back up and running in like 5 minutes. Imaging software is more essential than anti-virus IMO. It's basically a glorified copy/paste.

The product key is embedded in the BIOS nowadays and you can download a copy of a stock version of Windows from Microsoft and install that using the key in the BIOS you did buy as part of the cost of the PC.
I think I’ll do that with my laptop during my birthday holiday.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I don't need to be troubleshooting something for an hour for a objectively better experience when I can just play it on a console and have that hour to play the game instead.
That's been a pretty rare event for the past 20-odd years... and most instances of were because of DRM or other Publisher shitfuckery. Can't remember the last time I had to troubleshoot something that wasn't because I scratching a nostalgia itch and trying to get some old game running on a modern system.

I lose more time waiting around for shit to update on my PS4 than on my PC because my PC stays on all the time and auto updates the important shit. I could also do that for my PS4 but then I'd have nothing to ***** about.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
That's been a pretty rare event for the past 20-odd years... and most instances of were because of DRM or other Publisher shitfuckery. Can't remember the last time I had to troubleshoot something that wasn't because I scratching a nostalgia itch and trying to get some old game running on a modern system.

I lose more time waiting around for shit to update on my PS4 than on my PC because my PC stays on all the time and auto updates the important shit. I could also do that for my PS4 but then I'd have nothing to ***** about.
I can't even call the console a superior experience because some of my favourite games are FPS and I just find them jank and unpleasant to play on a controller.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I can't even call the console a superior experience because some of my favourite games are FPS and I just find them jank and unpleasant to play on a controller.
Wider KB&M support on consoles would be nice, too. I only prefer controllers over KB&M for precision platformers and driving games.