I think my parents might think I'm gay...also I have bad parents...slightly

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
Aren't the characters on the agarest wars things female? More importantly, isn't there a tit mouspad or something? I heard something to that effect but don't feel like confirming it. Why would interpret that be interpreted as homosexuality? You have to consider this type of thing when you make these arguements.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
likalaruku said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
likalaruku said:
Put a poster of an anime girl wearing little more than underwear on your wall. If you dad looks relieved, then he was thingking gay. But if he still looks worried, then he's afraid you might have a 2D complex & will never bag a flesh & blood woman of your own. In which case, replace the poster with a real woman.
My parents called the police when I started hanging real women on my wall. In hindsight, I should have gagged them first.
The try f**king with them. Put pictures of women, men, & children, one each real & drawn on yor wall & laugh at whatver reaction you get from them. You can also put an upside down cross or a pentagram on your wall. If they freak out when they see it, move out as soon as possible.
Some how I don't think pictures would have freaked them out more than people hanging from my wall...

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
likalaruku said:
PoisonUnagi said:
Twilight is a love story, watching it isn't gay in the slightest.
I kind of want to see New Moon.

Anyway, just ignore it until something big happens.
Nohthing says romance like breaking into people's houses & watching them sleep.
Restraining orders are just playing hard to get.

ShoopDaToaster

Jun 15, 2010
Why do you sleep with a pillow with anime stufff on it?
That would worry anyone if their son had that.
(Or is it just me.....)

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
RhombusHatesYou said:
likalaruku said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
likalaruku said:
Put a poster of an anime girl wearing little more than underwear on your wall. If you dad looks relieved, then he was thingking gay. But if he still looks worried, then he's afraid you might have a 2D complex & will never bag a flesh & blood woman of your own. In which case, replace the poster with a real woman.
My parents called the police when I started hanging real women on my wall. In hindsight, I should have gagged them first.
The try f**king with them. Put pictures of women, men, & children, one each real & drawn on yor wall & laugh at whatver reaction you get from them. You can also put an upside down cross or a pentagram on your wall. If they freak out when they see it, move out as soon as possible.
Some how I don't think pictures would have freaked them out more than people hanging from my wall...
Oh, you mean hanging REAL people on your wall? I dreampt I had a gallery of beautiful men & women chained to my wall & my friends were like "how do you feed them?" & "What do you do when they have to go to the bathroom?"

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think the real question is, are you gay? 'Cause if not then who cares what your parents think.
Although judging from the image posted above, I don't know how your dad could possibly conclude you're gay from that pillow.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Yosharian said:
Bahahahaha you have the ROA pillow ahaha

Is that the one from the limited edition pack thingy? The one with the mouse mat that has BREASTS on? LOL

On a slightly more serious, your parents sound like assholes but you do set yourself up buying incredibly nerdy shit like that
Better than a Ben 10 pillow by 100 miles, also, how in the free-holy-fuck is a pillow nerdy?

"Yep, you've got a pillow with a picture of a girl on it. Defiantly nerdy... I mean, that's like, 50 times worse than if you could compute pi or build a super computer in your garage."

I sure hope nobody notices half of the world has Mario, Link, Zelda, Peach and other assorted video gaming icons printed on most of their worldly possessions or you're going to notice a lot more "nerds" populate the Earth than you may like.

At the OP:

Tell your father that if the face he was pulling whilst looking at your pillow was about some macho bullshit about "girly colours" that he should save it, the rant, speech, whatever.

Also, just blank your mother next time she makes a joke you don't like, she might just get it.

And to all of you fellows telling him to "grow a pair" and not ask for help on the Internet... why are you giving him suggestions if asking for help is such a bad thing?
People need help, we're not all self-sufficient supermen, how shocking.

ShoopDaToaster

Jun 15, 2010
Booze Zombie said:
\
I sure hope nobody notices half of the world has Mario, Link, Zelda, Peach and other assorted video gaming icons printed on most of their worldly possessions or you're going to notice a lot more "nerds" populate the Earth than you may like.
Having stickers and icons on your stuff isn't that nerdy,it's just saying 'I like this _____'
But having a body pillow is saying 'I WANT TO SLEEP WITH THIS ______'

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
You know that part in Weird Al's "That's Your Horoscope for Today" that comes after
"All you friend are laughing behind your back..."
Yeah.
Don't do that. There really is no announcer.

Your mom saying this probably means she knows you hate it.
And hell, I wouldn't be very comfortable with a pink pillow with anime girl on it. Except, I'd throw it right in your face that I think you're gay. Handle it.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
ShoopDaToaster said:
Having stickers and icons on your stuff isn't that nerdy,it's just saying 'I like this _____'
But having a body pillow is saying 'I WANT TO SLEEP WITH THIS ______'
Having the girl on your pillow doesn't mean you want to sleep with her... does everything have to be sexual?

I had pikachu on my pillow, I didn't want to bang her brains out.
I'm pretty sure most people don't want to stick their dick in a pillow, either.

I'm honestly thinking that the OP's father looked disgusted because he was trying to suppress his dirty thoughts... that's apparently the popular notion of old men, raging dirty thought whirlwinds.

clipse15

May 18, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
Now I've been wondering this for a while now and I think my parents think I'm gay, or there's something wrong with me. Tonight my dad had brought over my brothers stuff from my brothers old place, when he left I think he was eyeing my pink pillow case with an anime girl on it. If you must know, it is from the "Record of Agarest War" collectors edition and I only got the game for the collectors edition (I'm crazy about these things) but he was eyeing it for longer then then just looking at it, he also had a certain look on his face, almost like a look of disgust.

Now my mother, while I was in her room talking to her, a Twilight Eclipse commercial came on the TV and she said "Look *insert my name here* it's your favorite show" now...why would she say that? That's not even funny, it just...FUCK it makes me so angry, I fucking hate when people make jokes about that, it's in bad taste and not funny (I fucking hate that series) so why would she do this??? Last but not least she has made two fat jokes about me recently....and I'm not even fat.

So my question is what should I do? Should I talk to them about this or just grin and bear it and have my paranoid mind put thoughts into my head? Also what do you think of parents who judge their own kids?
Wait so how does this make them bad parents? I don't get it?

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
The_Healer said:
Bring the hottest girl round that you can reasonably pull.
That will shut them up.
That won't do it. They will just think you are compensating or something. Now have them walk in on your having sex then it will make them think about it.

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
Konrad Curze said:

He probably is looking at you with disgust at how pervy and pathetic that is. Like if he saw you with a blow up doll.
I agree. I would get the same looks from my family if I'd have a similar pillow. It would be a look of disgust not gayness.

I would expect a pillow like that in a 16 years old girl's room not in a man's room and actually used.

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
You could try doing something that I learnt to do when I was 10, sit down with your parents and have an adult conversation with them about your problems.

If they really have such a low opinion of you then it's all up from there. But it's probably not a problem. I have a best friend who really likes anime, does the whole goth make-up thing and I give him shit about it, teasing him about Twilight and other emasculating things. I don't mean any harm by it so I doubt your mum does.