I think my town is being invaded.

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
Probably just a training exercise. I've seen a Stealth Bomber roaring overhead once, and I live in Nova Scotia. I recognized it, and it made me smile.

Mostly Harmless

Aug 11, 2008
Arizona huh, I guess that they really want to keep the border closed now. Darn Mexicans aren't taking any more of our jobs.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Yesterday I saw a squirrel.

OH MY GOD!!!! This calls for a preemptive strike! We have to nuke ourselves so we don't get invaded and killed!

Marine Mike

Mar 3, 2010
Try living in NY on 9/11/2001. School stopped, traffic stopped, all flights stopped... but the local squadron of F-16s were scrambled, and we were in upstate nowhere near the city.

After that just about anywhere I went was an increase in military activity... because I was in the military... get it?

EDIT: Also, technically to be a "tank" it requires at least a 70mm main cannon... So I'm guessing it was either an APC or an AFV.

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
I live literally right next to an Airforce base and have never seen any of that shit just out and about

Wright Patt AFB in Ohio if you must know

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
soilent said:
marter said:
I haven't noticed an increase in military, but I'm in Canada, so not much chance of seeing our military in Calgary. No need.

And yes, you are being paranoid. You aren't being invaded.
BULLSHIT! CANADA IS INVADING ARIZONA!!!!!!
i knew it! the crappy army, it was all just a front! they have been lying to us Canadians

on topic: i am living in suburbia of Toronto no military ...oh wait i just remembered there was so much snow in 97 that the mayor called the army for it (not sure what they did)

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Viptorian said:
It's probably just stuff headed to the reserve base in Papago. As for 2fish and the claims of being overlord of Scottsdale, I'm going to have to challenge that authority. Odds are pretty good I'm older and, using the Older Brother Rule of 1989, that automatically gives me dibs on the front seat of the car, the good seat on the sofa, and all overlord positions within in 50 mile radius of my birthplace.
Well that raises several questions.
1. How old are you?
2. The older brother rule clashes with the only child rule, so what now?
3. Do you have xbox live?
4. Where exactly is the good spot on the sofa?

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
You're not being invaded, don't worry it'll be fine.

*turns away*

what the hell you guys I told you to be discrete, since when is a giant tank discrete, or do I need to remind you of what words mean again? I am surrounded by idiots.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
keybird said:
So I live in Phoenix, Arizona. A relatively calm town, except for the unbearable heat.

However, recently I saw an APC tank, along with a military grade hummer driving down the road. And just now as I walked outside I saw a stealth bomber fly over my house! Are the russians finally invading!

Umm discussion, right...have any of you guys seen an increase in the military personel in your city. Or do you think im just being paranoid
Its not a Zombie Invasion or an Invasion by the Russians. Arizona has that new Immigrant Law and the Drug Wars that have been going on has made Phoenix a place to be.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I havn't to many troops or vehicles and I live near the largest USAF base on the eastern U.S.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
No, well probably not. I think there just gearing up against a mexican invasion, it'll go nicely with that fancy new immigration law you have.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
keybird said:
So I live in Phoenix, Arizona. A relatively calm town, except for the unbearable heat.

However, recently I saw an APC tank, along with a military grade hummer driving down the road. And just now as I walked outside I saw a stealth bomber fly over my house! Are the russians finally invading!

Umm discussion, right...have any of you guys seen an increase in the military personel in your city. Or do you think im just being paranoid
May I ask where is this town of your?

Anyways, yes there are a lot more military forces here in Mexico, in the infamous drug war...
Enough said.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
marter said:
I haven't noticed an increase in military, but I'm in Canada, so not much chance of seeing our military in Calgary. No need.

And yes, you are being paranoid. You aren't being invaded.
In Calgary you have a greater chance than Toronto! I have only seen the Armed forces at air shows.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I live pretty close to a military base as is, so... increased would be total martial law.