I Think We Are Being Followed

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
I think I speak for all of us when I say: Wat.

Is there some context I'm missing, or is this really just as bizarre and nonsensical as it appears to be?

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
What's this......a new comic ON MY ESCAPIST!!!!
Why was I not informed sooner!?
Do you have all the proper paperwork to be posting in this thread young man?

Dec 14, 2009
[HEADING=1]new comic![/HEADING]

I've always thought we could do with something more than just Critical Miss, I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
Nice coloured pencil art!
It's always nice to see a new comic :)

P.S.A.: The octopus loves you. Feed it.

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
That is the grown up octopus from the comic which was hosted here before! It is coming back! (I actually forgot the name the artist and what happened in that but it had a pink octopus in it that much I know!)

Welcome an let#s hope that this is the beginning of a wonderful comicseries.
Is there any source where we can watch your other art? Assuming that isnt the first online art.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Falterfire said:
I think I speak for all of us when I say: Wat.

Is there some context I'm missing, or is this really just as bizarre and nonsensical as it appears to be?
Don't feed strays, lest they grow to tremendous size and consume your cities.

It's one of those preachy moral comics. >.>

Houseman said:
Kyrdra said:
That is the grown up octopus from the comic which was hosted here before!
Name Game?

I doubt it.

That octopus is like, copywritten. Plus, it's the size of a basketball. This one is giant.
That's because they never fed Podipuss.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Prepare for weird, folks.

Namechangeday said:
P.S.A.: The octopus loves you. Feed it.
No. No. No. Read the comic again and come back. Let me know if you got it then.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
For all those who don't get it, its because of the general rule of "don't feed stray animals" or "don't give a stray cat milk". Basically, someone fed the octopus and it followed them home.

Either that or someone gave a mouse a cookie

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
Hello everybody! Yes, this is the beginning of a new web comic series, Fraught With Peril. Just imagine it as the Far Side as drawn by a writing team consisting of H.P. Lovecraft and Winnie the Pooh. Then replace the writing team with one crazed genius. Voila.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Archon said:
Hello everybody! Yes, this is the beginning of a new web comic series, Fraught With Peril. Just imagine it as the Far Side as drawn by a writing team consisting of H.P. Lovecraft and Winnie the Pooh. Then replace the writing team with one crazed genius. Voila.
Welcome to the Escapist. Good luck. :)

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I once fed a child that followed me for ages. It didn't help that it kept calling me 'dad' too.
Actually, now come to think of it..

MushroomRetainer

Nov 30, 2008
This being an entertainment news site about Internet culture as much as anything else, my immediate first thought on seeing this is "don't feed the trolls." I suppose it could also be expanded to any sort of "don't poke it, you'll only make it worse" scenario.

In summation:
Zachary Amaranth said:
It's one of those preachy moral comics.
At least it's also kind of adorable.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Ahoy!

I now walk among you.
Apologies for the abrupt cephalopodic introduction.
I hope to entertain you in the upcoming weeks with some vigorous penciling.
At first they will mostly be stand alone cartoons but I do have a few reoccurring obsessions.
I also like a good parody or mash-up from time to time.

I look forward to questions, suggestions, hopes, fears, threats and or confessions as the need arises.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
The art style seems amateurish compared to Name Game and Critical Miss, but I guess I'm not used to the coloring style of this comic.

The humor is random, but also pretty amusing. I'd like to see more strips from this.