I want to eat Master Chief.

Anonymous Overlord

Sep 21, 2009
I am so tired of grizzled space marines. with the possible exception of Commander Shepard (if you choose the paragon) your an unstoppable bad ass that eats aliens and shits the salvation of the human race. well i say I've had enough! Im throwing in my lancer and recalling my marines from the bunker, Let the zerg come. Or better yet why not be one of the chitinous abominations to eviscerate Mr. Isaac Clark.

And while I'm eating enough throat gravel to shame a goldfish why not take over earth, or the nearest human colony.... But you cant cause theres no games like that. Sure Destroy all humans and alien hominid comes close but its too campy, I want the brutal gore that we've come to expect from games like Gears of War. Next closest thing would be Alien Vs Predator, but in that game your goal is not to conquer, but to survive. Are there any games out there where the goal is to conquer humanity with a serious tone?

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Urrrm, I'm confused, what am I supposed to be answering?

Ah well, in response to the first paragraph, it's a power fantasy, if the hero was a whiny dick, yet still managed to save everything, it wouldn't make any sense now, would it?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
factualsquirrel said:

Ah well, in response to the first paragraph, it's a power fantasy, if the hero was a whiny dick, yet still managed to save everything, it wouldn't make any sense now, would it?
Ever played FFX?

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
Ain't no Space Marines like SPESS MAHRENS, sir.

They beat the Hell out of anyone but Shepard. If you breath, Shepard can find a way to kill you. XD

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
I don't think so, although it'd be great if there was.

Play as one of the bugs from Starship Troopers or something, a mindless killing machine as opposed to the resplendent power armour knights and such.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Yeah, enough of these darn space marines. I want to play as a dorky, skinny office worker!

Wait, no I don't.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:

Ever played FFX?
I refuse to believe that Tidus had any part in the "saving the world" part. Auron, Kimhari and Rikku did that! Now leave me alone! *Cries*

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:

Ever played FFX?
My thoughts exactly sir. It really is a pain that there are so many whiny little freaks I had to use in that game.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:

Ever played FFX?
Well, no, but knowing FF, it probably didn't make that much sense, or he wasn't the same by the end.

(this is based on pure assumption, feel free to point out how wrong this is)

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
factualsquirrel said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:

Ever played FFX?
Well, no, but knowing FF, it probably didn't make that much sense, or he wasn't the same by the end.

Heh, well spare yourself the hours of bad voice acting and whiney characters and story that makes no sense. Suffice it to say he's about as annoying and Anakin Skywalker.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:

Ever played FFX?

Heh, well spare yourself the hours of bad voice acting and whiney characters and story that makes no sense. Suffice it to say he's about as annoying and Anakin Skywalker.
I shall, thanks for the tip.

I misunderstood your post, I thought you were completely disagreeing with me.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
factualsquirrel said:
Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CiaphasCain] frowns upon your analysis.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
factualsquirrel said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
factualsquirrel said:

Ever played FFX?

I shall, thanks for the tip.

I misunderstood your post, I thought you were completely disagreeing with me.
Oh no, not completely. I agree that games with bad whiney characters don't make for good story, but there are a lot of bad games out there that do have whiney characters regardless.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
The Master Chief has a personality?

I never saw his appeal as a character. He is not witty, is not complex (I know, the books) and is more one dimensional that Gorden Freeman. I never thought enough about him to hate him. And the Marines in Aliens are officially resistant to criticism because they are so awesome. I personally like the Max Payne emo-god approach of basically being a bit like Riggs in Lethal Weapon who is bad ass because he doesn't care about living.

Some of the best characters have been total nerds anyway, Guybrush Threepwood, The poindexter from Maniac Mansion, Another World dude, the list goes on...

I'm sorry I'm just angry because I thought this thread was about some kind of Master Chief cake, or about someone who finds him "Weally Cwute!"

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
factualsquirrel said:
Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CiaphasCain] frowns upon your analysis.
Well, I've never read that book, but he probably comes off as a badass at certain points, making him an only part exception to my (otherwise reasonably accurate) rule.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
factualsquirrel said:

For Example: Haze

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
"Eating enough throat gravel to shame a goldfish" ... You do know that your allegory doesn't make ANY SENSE!?

Sounds like you need a dosage of "Please stop complaining and just be quiet".