I want to play a game which doesn't exist

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
i'd love to see a serious and very dark Zelda M rated game with a Link that had the same design as Oot. its never ever going to happen of course but damn, it would be wonderful if the ideas in my head could come true :)

Nintendo is for babies now, no more M rated anything :(

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
I want a Mighty Switch Force! Metroidvania. The closest I'll get is Shantae, which isn't shabby, but I like MSF!'s style so much more. And that music! Holy crap, so good.

Volstag9

Apr 28, 2008
Holy mongoose on a pogo stick... I was just thinking about my dream game today. I hope it's not impossible but it probably is.

Mine would a space fighter sim that wouldn't necessarily be realistic, but would be very immersive. I'll try to explain.

It would be in first person and the cockpit view would be generally HUD free. Instead every instrument and ammo count would be part of scenery. The best way I can describe it is that it would be very much like the latest Steel Battalion game. While you would certainly be the pilot there would be a second person behind you. He would handle damage control, radio operation, and stuff like that. If your say... fuel lines were broken he would announce it to you. You would have to communicate with your partner as you would have no way of even knowing about the problem without him. RPG like conversations with the copilot could also work.

Throw in the squad member relations from some of the better Ace Combat games and some simple commands you can issue and you'd have my dream game.

I'm not even sure if this is really impossible. Maybe AI isn't good enough yet. I'm not sure.

hobblesp

Jul 4, 2010
I'd love to play what is essentially S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but co-op. Open world survival, in a group. Why are there barely any open world co-op games?

Ruzinus

May 20, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
Is their a game that you keep you see in your head vividly, however when you try to find it you can only find games that are only vaguely similar to the game you have in your head? This is the case with me.

I want to play a space colony mmo. Basically a game where you start off on a large colony ship from earth and you choose the type of planet you land on in the galaxy. You begin with a small area around the grounded colony ship eventually building it up larger and larger until you can build in another area on the planet. Eventually you can build satellites then space stations and on other planets and moons within the solar system. This is all occurring within a larger galactic society though. You can then build trade alliances with other players withing your local group of solar systems. Which eventually can be built into protective alliances against other groups. Other players would be able to conquer you and if they do so you lose everything and have to start over again from a colony ship. However you can surrender and live under the conquered players rule as a governor of your colony.

Atm I don't think we have the tech necessary for this game to exist but that should be remedied in at least half a decade. So how about you what game is out there that you want to play?
You're in luck. Endless Space came out today.

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Ashadowpie said:
i'd love to see a serious and very dark Zelda M rated game with a Link that had the same design as Oot. its never ever going to happen of course but damn, it would be wonderful if the ideas in my head could come true :)
This'd be amazing. It wouldn't even have to be M-rated if they handled it well. A truly skillful producer can manage such a feat by ensuring all the creepiness comes from evoking certain ideas within the player. Imagine if it only had four dungeons but made up for it with a huge sprawling open world and scheduled NPCs. Heck, they could just lift art assets from Ocarina of Time even to push it through production quicker and focus on the stage design and grittier elements. And the villain would have to be creepy but unstoppable; something realistic, but exaggerated to be fantastical, like, an unavoidable meteor strike, or the moon or something...

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'd love to play a game called 'Diane Destroyum' which is a gender role swap of games like Duke Nukem Forever. Diane is a wisecracking gun toting killing machine out to rescue her hapless leather clad boy toys from an army of invading mutants/aliens.
Partly because it would be an interesting experiment but also to see if all the gamers who call feminist bloggers 'prudes' when they get upset over sexualized depictions of women would be able to watch a fully rendered CGI trailer of a bunch of oily men in skin tight leather with the camera zooming in on their asses and junk while a kickass heavily armored female rescues them all without crying disgust.

Also while I'm here, stuff Halo 4, what I want to see... as I have said many times before would be a Halo game entirely from the perspective of the Covenant (specifically the mighty and sexy Sangheili) during the human covenant war. Told from the perspective of multiple characters and ultimately showing the rise and eventual fall of the Covenant and giving us an idea of what the humans and elites newfound alliance might hold.

Sep 14, 2009
Irridium said:
I want to play a space-sim game that has seamless transitions between planets and space with no loading screens, boarders, or anything like that. A space sim that lets you walk around in your ship, stock your ship with a crew, interact with that crew, lets you trick your enemies, lets you capture other ships to use, lets you hack into other people's ships, and just has a wide variety of ways to play both in space and on planets.

Wait, what's that, it exists [http://www.elliptic-games.com/index.shtml]? My dream game exists?! IT IS A REAL THING THAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?!

If you'll all excuse me, I'll be over here, tending to my massive erection.
just...wow.

You will never see me remotely give a "meh" to indie small games..but damn.

That baby is sweet, and daddy wants some more.

Still, the developer seems pretty awesome, so hopefully it will release in the next year, I'd love to buy it (too bad he seems against a kickstarter to not give people false hope, i'd totally toss in 30-50 bucks)

Chunga the Great

Sep 12, 2010
I remember seeing a game in a store about 5 or 6 years ago. It was a WWII RTS that let you switch between the traditional RTS perspective and first person. It sounds like an awesome game.

I also remember playing on this server on Battlefield 2 about 5-ish years ago. It was so awesome; it was on Zatar Wetlands and all the vehicles were replaced with tanks and they were on instant respawn. I played one game on that server then left. I thought I had favorited it, but I had forgotten to. I still haven't found the name of that server and I probably never will.
:(

EDIT: I just realized that wasn't what the thread was about. So in that case, I want a game that features massive, MASSIVE amounts of players all in a battle at once. The game is set in the Napoleonic era, and players have to form up into regiments, each one with a commander, and each one of those commanders having a commander, and so on. Basically a completely realistic sim of combat in that era.

Cyan

Jul 6, 2012
erttheking said:
I want to play a game where you are on a warship and fill in the various roles that take place during space combat. Maybe you're the Captain, giving orders, maybe you're a navigator, flying the ship, maybe you're an engineer pushing the right buttons and doing damage control to make sure that the ship doesn't blow up. Maybe you're a pilot making a strafing run on another ship, maybe you're a gunner shooting down incoming fighters, or maybe you're a shock trooper, boarding an enemy ship to seize vital intel, or fighting off enemy boarders. The potential in a game like this for multiplayer would be massive, two teams, each one crewing a ship, trying to take the other one out, and teamwork is a must.
The most "Games You Might Not Have Played" episode in Extra Credits mentioned a game that sounds an awful lot like that. They said it was called Artemis, at about 4:08.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/games-you-might-not-have-tried-4

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
My top one is a hybrid that can be summed up with three words.

Civilization: Total War

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
spectrenihlus said:
So how about you what game is out there that you want to play?
Quite a number, so rather than sit around wishing it to be, I'll just roll my sleeves up and make the game myself. :)

torzath

Jun 29, 2010
An offical pokemon MMORPG. It's just off that one doesn't exist. Nintendo, pretty much any game sells with the name pokemon on it.

And in that same vein, a dragon raising MMORPG. You know, the standard dragon rider setting, every player gets a dragon, maybe it transforms over time, and so on.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
A game set in the Pokemon universe, in which you are a secret Team Rocket assassin who assassinates people using pokemon. Like Hey, you, pikachu, only with more brutal murder. Only on Wii U.

...this is why people don't ask me for my game ideas. >.<

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
I'd like an open world RPG where you play as a demon trying to survive and eventually thrive in the human world by killing other creatures and devouring their life essence. You'd start out as a lowly imp feeding on farm animals and the occasional homeless man and work your way up to a powerful demon lord. As you fed you'd gain experience that you could use to alter your form or gain new demonic powers; wings, sharper teeth, being able to shoot fire from your hands, a shape shifting ability to better blend in with human society. As your power grew so would your hunger and you'd need to move on to more populated and dangerous areas. The game world would consist of at least one large city, several smaller towns, a few isolated farms, a forest, and a sprawling countryside, all inhabited by both humans and other supernatural creatures, some friendly, some not. Aristocratic vampires in the city, mermen in the bay, a slenderman in the forest, rogue werewolves, a chupacabra, ghosts in abandoned houses, crocodile creatures in the sewers, and a clan of demon hunters trying to bring them all down. If you're caught killing someone, and especially if you're caught using supernatural powers, awareness of you will rise, and police, military, and demon hunter presence will increase in the areas you were seen, eventually forcing you to either move on to new hunting grounds, severely weaken your opponents, or kill some other troublesome demon and frame the crimes on them. You could either be stealthy and disguise all your feedings as ordinary murders or accidents, or you could declare war against humanity and destroy all in your path. How you carry yourself will affect how the other factions view you and whether they'll help or hinder you (the heavily entrenched in society vampires won't appreciate you raising suspicion of supernatural activity in their city, but the werewolves might respect someone who brazenly flaunts their brutality). Your eventual goal would be to drive the demon hunter presence out of the area and declare yourself the ruler and most powerful supernatural being of your domain.