I want to talk about Battlefield 3

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
o_O

You think THAT looks BAD?

Heh, different taste, I guess. I think that's one of the best looking games I've ever seen, and the gameplay looks pretty fun too.

But, hey, something to take into account- the video released? That's from alpha. It'll look different by the end of it.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Vault boy Eddie said:
It's /thread as soon as you see OP's xbox account and see the games in it, then his motives become clearer.
Yeah, I don't blow all of my money on console games, and I buy and play the games my friends play. I prefer PC gaming, but my PC is broken, so I have to play console games, and those happened to be my most recent. The only COD games I like in recent years are Modern Warfare and MW2, I don't like the treyark games, they just copy off of the infinity ward games. Are they my favorite games, absolutely not. I hate most everything about COD, besides the MW story line, and the online is okay the first couple weeks. I like the battlefield series. Why would I bash on it? Did I do that on BF2? no. Not on any battlefield games before.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
irishstormtrooper said:
The only thing I can say is that you're really bad at judging how good graphics are. Because those graphics are incredible.
Also, it looks really fun, and since I enjoyed BC2, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this one too.
They might be incredible, but they don't fit in. Take out the arms and gun, and it looks almost as good as Cryengine 3.

I'll site crysis 2 as my example- The game looks brilliant. Everything seems to fit in correctly, in Battlefield, it doesn't. It looks like they tried to mix 4 diffirent pictures in a first person view perspective, while in crysis 2, everything seems to be in sync, like it would be in real life.
Funnily enough, that is a hideous screenshot.

Are you a console gamer or a PC gamer? PC games generally don't have the guns filling up half the screen, which may explain your issue with the arms and gun.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Woodsey said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
irishstormtrooper said:
The only thing I can say is that you're really bad at judging how good graphics are. Because those graphics are incredible.
Also, it looks really fun, and since I enjoyed BC2, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this one too.
They might be incredible, but they don't fit in. Take out the arms and gun, and it looks almost as good as Cryengine 3.

I'll site crysis 2 as my example- The game looks brilliant. Everything seems to fit in correctly, in Battlefield, it doesn't. It looks like they tried to mix 4 diffirent pictures in a first person view perspective, while in crysis 2, everything seems to be in sync, like it would be in real life.
Funnily enough, that is a hideous screenshot.

Are you a console gamer or a PC gamer? PC games generally don't have the guns filling up half the screen.
Only one I could find at the point before my laptop ran out of battery. I play both equally. And I see your point. Right now, I have to play my crappy console game selection, becuase my PC randomly died.

Cazer

Feb 23, 2011
Personally I think both the Graphics and Aesthetics are very well done on Battlefield. Besides, remember that the game is STILL IN PRODUCTION. The smoke may look slightly out of place, but alas, they have many months to perfect it. Bad company 2, in my opinion, beats out every CoD in gameplay and graphics. And don't even get me started on frostbite.

Battlefield 3 is going to be one for the records.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Reyalsfeihc said:
Krantos said:
Good Graphics. Rather bland aesthetics. Go watch EC this week. It will answer your question.

The problem it that (Visually) it's just another gray/brown shooter.
It looks aesthetically appealing to me, especially in the clip when you fight from the overpass on the highway. To say that these images are brown would make sense since you know, they're in a middle eastern city which is the desert.
Yeah, it is location appropriate to a degree. The problem is that the FPS market is just so flooded with games that look just like it. The visuals just aren't appealing. Deserts may be brown, but Mideastern cities still have color in them, just like western ones.

It's just another overuse of the gray/brown color palette.