I Wrote That Crap!

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
I Wrote That Crap!

MovieBob confesses one of his darkest secrets.

Read Full Article

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I..wh...ho...

Okay, I know pwople are suppose to say things like, "Oh, but Bob, those sound like awesome movies!" and shit like that, but there is no way I can do it, those were just... wow...

Im freaking speechless... so its a good thing Im not talking but typing.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Ye gods.

I, uh... that was... yeah.

Y'know, I suddenly feel much, much better about the stuff I write.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
...Holy shit.

I got to admire the brass balls you got for owning up to those works, Bob. I mean, if I had something like that stowed away, I would have poured a gallon of white-out on the physical copies, threw 'em in a wood chipper, and then ate the shavings so I could vomit them into car compactor.

Then again, they're two more scripts than I've ever attempted to write, so...good on you there.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
BWAHAHAHAHAhahaha...oh, wow. Heehee...
Seriously, bad though those might have been, they were HILARIOUS to read about. What were you on in those days, and are you willing to share some of it with us?

samahain

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks for sharing Mr. Movie BOb! ^^ If you get anything on screen (and please do) I'll go see it.

This guy has imagination that boils at room temperature!!!

Tastum

Jun 1, 2011
Some of my friends have been critical of your more political episodes of The Big Picture (mainly the ones about racism/sexism/gamers generally being assholes online), suggesting that you were white knighting and had a big ego. To me, admitting to writing... that... helps balance things quite a bit.

I wrote some truly terrible fiction at about the same age, but thankfully I threw it away. The main character for one of them was a terrible Mary Sue... any time your characters can be compared to John Galt, you have a problem. And yes, I had a thing for Ayn Rand. GAH!

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Uuuummm...okay, Bob, I think I could have lived without knowing something like that ever existed. But now I'll never know, will I?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
And this is one of the reasons I love Bob so much: He has absolutely no qualms about pointing out his own foibles. He knows his strengths, he knows his weaknesses, and he's honest about both.

Also, as I was editing this, I read portions out loud to the Escapist offices. Because...well, how could I not?

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
but Bob it goes Screenplay->script->Directing/acting so I think that maybe the second one could have done well. script probably would have played down the venom, and vial emo stuff, and maybe even played down the main characters "I am the god badass" mindset, but it still might have been ripped to shreds during directing/acting stage.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Kristallnacht, not Kristill.

"Ellis D"; this I love!
One of my therapists is named Ellis (a very uncommon name here), so thanks for the hilarious mental picture! :D

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
No offense Bob, but I could picture scenes of those screenplays in my mind as I read them, and I wished I was blind. You were honest with us saying those were terrible ideas, & I'll be honest and say I agree with you!
This reminds me of an episode of The Critic, where the main character, Jay Sherman, is commissioned to write the script to, I think, Ghostbusters 3, or as he called it: "...the sequel to a sequel to a movie they should never have made in the first place!"
Damn, I'm old.

captcha: have an inkling
As in "I have an inkling that Bob's glad some of his screenplays weren't turned into movies."

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Bob. :D You are the Movie Boss.

Thank you for sharing.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Those are terrible. Please, put the laptop down and take your meds.
That being said, I want to watch Ten Days of Weed.
I was laughing very hard at the description.
Thank you I needed that laugh.