Ice Cream That Changes Color as You Lick It? Yes, Please

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Jadak said:
Alcom1 said:
You keep going on about color changing ice cream, but I don't see any color changing ice cream!
Did I mention I'm colorblind?
I'm not seeing a difference.
I'm no expert on colour blindness, but shouldn't you still be seeing the difference as it gets lighter/darker?
nope, as you can find out for yourself

http://colorfilter.wickline.org/
use red/green

the url it makes is a long one so I can't link the page directly

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Magenta?
Ok, I'm from Germany and I'm concerned that our Telecom (telephone/internet/...) will sue him because of the color! Wouldn't be the first time they did that! Last time they won...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
That's cool and everything, but I don't know if I would see that as a selling point. I don't judge my food by how it looks, only how it tastes and how it feels in my belly.

Physicist... it's mentioned multiple times in the article, but this would fall more under the area of chemistry. It's not intuitively obvious that a physicist would make something like this.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Alcom1 said:
You keep going on about color changing ice cream, but I don't see any color changing ice cream!
Did I mention I'm colorblind?
I'm not seeing a difference.
Me too, can't see shit. Even the words "pink" and "blue" (the colours I can usually distinguish) in the beginning look the same. The video's shitty quality doesn't help either.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Erm, i'm not paying extra for colorful food. Regular ice cream is good enough for me as long as it's cold and tastes good.