I'd like to know my fellow escapists better

Alumit

Mar 21, 2010
Race: Canadian (Half Australian, half Quebecois)
Height: 5'11
Weight: ~158 - 160lbs

Rejoining the army as soon as high school is done, and I like to play rugby. I'd consider myself half a geek and half an average kid :p

Shifty

Apr 21, 2011
Connosd said:
Well, quite frankly, I've went along and read lots of forums and we are incredibly nerdy. I imagine every single person with a refined accent when I read their posts, and most, if not all of us, try to sound as smart as possible. Which ticks me off because some people are dim and only know a quater of the words they are saying. Sure, the rules call for some medium-long posts and not small posts, but they don't tell us to throw ever ounce of our brain at the computer monitor and burn our fingers typing.

My age: 15
Height: 6'8 (I'm flipping huge)
Weight: I'm not sure, but last year I was the right weight for my age and size combined, last time I check I was somewhere around 55kg, and I'm pretty lanky. And yes, that 55kg is muscle. Pfft, at my size only about %20 of it is chubby-ness.
Male, if it matters.

Read people's bios if you want to decide an archetype for us all.
Also, your mates know our type. They've been here before >:3

Oh, and of course, I'm British. Proper British. Scot, Welsh, Irish, and English. God I hate it when they call me British in referrence to 'English',
I am Irish and I hate when someone refers to Ireland as British. We are not part of Britain.

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
Sex: Male
Race: African American
Height: 5'9-ish (I haven't checked in a while)
Weight: 230-ish (Again, I haven't in a while)

Bacaruda

Jul 10, 2011
Ethnicity: Russian/Spanish
Nationality: Swedish (Well, this depends of course by what you think nationality is)
Height: Ca. 176 cm
Weight: Ca. 61 kg

[Edit] Why do people keep saying race? How ignorant do you have to be...

Mar 28, 2011
Race:British (with a greek/norse background)
Height:6'
Weight:Fat bastard, but also quite muscular.

My dress sense is usually Jeans and a (Usually) Game related T-shirt. I read a hell of a lot of heavy science fiction, a bit of a muso (singer in about four bands throughout my life so far.) I practice some basic martial arts and spend most of my time reading (other than sci fi) books on philosophy, religion, the games industry, music, music history among others. I'm an anime fan (but not weird with it) i have a fiancee who i'm marrying next year, and don't typically *look* like a nerd. I'm very sociable (sometimes to my detriment.) And i've been *told* i'm one of the smartest people in the country (personally never really had faith in tests that predict I.Q.)

Oh, and i'm what has been called a "closet nerd" i.e. i can hold a conversation perfectly well with "normal" people, but have a room full of Videogame/Sci-fi/Anime memorabelia back at home.

Connosd

Oct 16, 2011
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:
Well, quite frankly, I've went along and read lots of forums and we are incredibly nerdy. I imagine every single person with a refined accent when I read their posts, and most, if not all of us, try to sound as smart as possible. Which ticks me off because some people are dim and only know a quater of the words they are saying. Sure, the rules call for some medium-long posts and not small posts, but they don't tell us to throw ever ounce of our brain at the computer monitor and burn our fingers typing.

Weight: I'm not sure, but last year I was the right weight for my age and size combined, last time I check I was somewhere around 55kg, and I'm pretty lanky. And yes, that 55kg is muscle. Pfft, at my size only about %20 of it is chubby-ness.
Male, if it matters.

Oh, and of course, I'm British. Proper British. Scot, Welsh, Irish, and English. God I hate it when they call me British in referrence to 'English',
I am Irish and I hate when someone refers to Ireland as British. We are not part of Britain.
I know England and Ireland have not gotten along well usually due to common rivalries and such, but Ireland is part of Britain. It depends on where you are. Southern Ireland is it's own independent nation, while the North is territory of the UK. Northern Ireland is mostly recognized because, unlike the south, it's involved in a lot of things, such as the RWC, while the south isn't. You most likely are part of Britain :p

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Ethnicity: British Isles White with a little Native American (but mostly Scottish)
Height: 6'3
Weight: somewhere around 180

Shifty

Apr 21, 2011
Connosd said:
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:

Male, if it matters.

I know England and Ireland have not gotten along well usually due to common rivalries and such, but Ireland is part of Britain. It depends on where you are. Southern Ireland is it's own independent nation, while the North is territory of the UK. Northern Ireland is mostly recognized because, unlike the south, it's involved in a lot of things, such as the RWC, while the south isn't. You most likely are part of Britain :p
Connosd said:
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:

Male, if it matters.

Connosd said:
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:

Male, if it matters.

I am not normally one for answering back comments like this (or posting as I think it is a waste of time but however.. a few points.

I am irish and by that I mean from southern Ireland.
Ireland is separated into two countries. Ireland and Northern Ireland. Notice how we differentiate between them. The Northern part gives it away.
Saying that Ireland is part of Britain is completely wrong 100%. Northern Ireland is part of Britain. You may as well say that France or Germany is part of the UAE.
As for Ireland and England not getting on, nearly all of that is in the past and now we are more than civil neighbors.
We do get on well with all our neighbors but that has no bearing here.

As a by the way I am not republican. I am nationalist however just so you know i.e. I do love my country. Also most people from northern Ireland who associate themselves with Ireland call themselves Irish and those who associate themselves with England call themselves British. In fact I do not know of anyone who does not do this in one way or another.

In any case it is and probably always will be a contentious issue in whichmeans it will never be resolved here. Apologies for the rant, it is an issue that was raised with me more than once when I lived abroad by people who neither understood geography or history, by that I do not mean you, I do see where you are coming from as well.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
Race: Born and raised in America, but 50% Italian and 50% Irish
Height:5'6
Weight:125

I find what your friends said stereotypical. I am social, I go out and hang out with as many people as possible, usually. I can communicate with any type of person and people tell me I'm generally hilarious and likable. I am also addicted to social networking.

I just also love video games, music, anime, comic books, and most of geek culture.

It's just who I am.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Race: Italian (Italian enough for the accent, not enough for the mafia connections)
Height: 5'9
Weight: Around 140 pounds

Connosd

Oct 16, 2011
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:

Male, if it matters.

Connosd said:
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:

Male, if it matters.

Connosd said:
Eoghan Kelly said:
Connosd said:

Male, if it matters.

I am not normally one for answering back comments like this (or posting as I think it is a waste of time but however.. a few points.

I am irish and by that I mean from southern Ireland.
Ireland is separated into two countries. Ireland and Northern Ireland. Notice how we differentiate between them. The Northern part gives it away.
Saying that Ireland is part of Britain is completely wrong 100%. Northern Ireland is part of Britain. You may as well say that France or Germany is part of the UAE.
As for Ireland and England not getting on, nearly all of that is in the past and now we are more than civil neighbors.
We do get on well with all our neighbors but that has no bearing here.

As a by the way I am not republican. I am nationalist however just so you know i.e. I do love my country. Also most people from northern Ireland who associate themselves with Ireland call themselves Irish and those who associate themselves with England call themselves British. In fact I do not know of anyone who does not do this in one way or another.

In any case it is and probably always will be a contentious issue in whichmeans it will never be resolved here. Apologies for the rant, it is an issue that was raised with me more than once when I lived abroad by people who neither understood geography or history, by that I do not mean you, I do see where you are coming from as well.
It's good to see this conversation is civil, and I do understand how you must be when you're referred to as a part of Britain. Just a helpful suggestion, when you say you're irish, perhaps mention being southern Irish as well? Hopefully the person you get into a comment line with should know the difference between the two. Nice chatting with you.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Race: Born and raised in California, but Italian in heritage
Height: Somewhere around five foot eleven, maybe six feet. I haven't checked in a while.
Weight: 145 lbs

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Race: Whiter than a paper towel (British-German Dissent)
Height: 5'10
weight: 180

Schierke

Oct 24, 2011
Race: Half Irish, half mutt (I think there's some French and Native American in there)
Height: a shade under six feet.
Weight: about 145 pounds

Honestly, I look more like a hipster than anything else. I'll usually wear skinny jeans, either a v-neck or band shirt, and a plaid shirt over that. Add beard and voila! Instant hipster.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Race: Caucasian/Australian
Height: 180cm
Weight: 70kg

I heard a statistic the other day that said if you play video games for more than 2 hours a day (on average) then you are overweight. Obviously a poorly formed statistic, especially since a lot of my friends who are also gamers are fit, gym goers who play sport (often with me).

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Race: Caucasian/Hispanic
Height: 5'7"

Random fact: I did the nerd thing and moved halfway across the country to live with a guy I'd met over the net. However, it turned out spectacularly well and we're a very happy pair :)