I'd like to see an alien invasion movie from the perspective of the aliens...

silverdragon9

Aug 25, 2009
Brawndo said:
silverdragon9 said:
a game along these lines would be interesting too.
X-COM from the alien perspective? Fuck yeah I would play that. Abducting and harvesting humans to learn their anatomy to create infiltration clones, exploiting existing human conflicts by negotiating with one nation against others, and laying waste to petty human armies and their machines with telekinesis and plasma weapons. Sounds like fun.
i cant tell whether you're being ironic or not, but you just described destroy all humans.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
You know what be a great movie to see from the aliens' perspective? Signs!

Can you imagine the briefing for this mission?

Commander: "All right troops! It's time to invade the Earth!"
Troops: "Yeah! Can't wait to zap them!"
"Just be careful. This is the acid world. Every liquid on the planet is laced with acid. It rains acid. The natives spit and bleed acid. At night, acid condenses out of the air itself. "
"We got protective gear, right?"
"Uh, no."
"But, at least we can shoot them, right?"
"Our new doctrine is to subdue the planet through martial arts alone."
"Well, we can do that. There can't be more than a few thousand of them and it's not like they have weapons or anyth-"
"Six billion. And you can expect every population center to be awash in firearms."
"....We're all going to die, aren't we?"

Mar 28, 2011
Brawndo said:
...with no major human characters and no cuts to develop the human side of the story. I would like to see the writers attempt to realistically portray how an outside species would view human culture and learn about us to better destroy us. Kind of like that scene in the alien invasion movies where the heroes capture an alien and do an autopsy to find its weakpoints, or they crack the code that brings down the aliens' forcefields... but with the roles reversed.

After the absolute travesty that was Battle: Los Angeles, the genre could use a good shaking up with some fresh material.
I, totally, get this and love the idea.

I suspect that any director daring enough to pick it up. Would be strong armed by the producers and funding to add human elements to it though. Such as shining a light on the global rich and poor divide, or the social racism in South Africa.... or have the Russians surrender and side with the aliens. While the brave Americans fight on.

If this could be avoided, and the movie could be made as envisaged. It would be quite a spectacle.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I wanna watch an Alien Invasion movie where Humans are the Alien invaders.

And no double-agent/betrayal crap like Avatar....

Wade-DeadPool

Oct 13, 2009
Veylon said:
-Snip-
First off... That is fucking funny.

And yes, I would also love to see a film like this. With subs, strange things happening that we get no real story for and much more crazy stuff.... And I have to be a some what "Blood in your face" also.. I want bad-ass aliens :D

Cole Sauer

Aug 24, 2010
ive seen a good animated short where theres an alien taking a test about abductions and probing (dont remeber the title) it was actually kinda funny but i would like to see an actual sci fi movie where its from the point of view of the aliens and predators from the movie of the same name without that human shit

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
But humans are infallible and any movie that presents any humans other then those darn Nazis and/or Russian gang members as the villains will not be commercially successful!

And I know I'm exaggerating. But still, I'd love to see the aliens win in one of these movies. As long as the aliens aren't blue cat-elves.

[sub][sub][sub]Fuckin' Avatar...[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
Veylon said:
You know what be a great movie to see from the aliens' perspective? Signs!

Can you imagine the briefing for this mission?

Commander: "All right troops! It's time to invade the Earth!"
Troops: "Yeah! Can't wait to zap them!"
"Just be careful. This is the acid world. Every liquid on the planet is laced with acid. It rains acid. The natives spit and bleed acid. At night, acid condenses out of the air itself. "
"We got protective gear, right?"
"Uh, no."
"But, at least we can shoot them, right?"
"Our new doctrine is to subdue the planet through martial arts alone."
"Well, we can do that. There can't be more than a few thousand of them and it's not like they have weapons or anyth-"
"Six billion. And you can expect every population center to be awash in firearms."
What a twist!

Would be pretty neat, aliens raining lasers down upon our heads to teach us their moral values.

Amund

Oct 24, 2008
The .50 Caliber Cow said:
I would pay to watch that movie. And if it is done right, I would pay to see it a few times.

[HEADING=2]DO YOU HEAR THIS HOLLYWOOD?[/HEADING]
Again, did you hear it!

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
kman123 said:
It'd be interesting...but in order to even get a high profile, the aliens would have to be speaking english...which kinda conflicts with the whole notion of 'alien'.

Because let's face it, a mass audience doesn't want to sit through a couple hours of subtitles and gibberish.
You could have it dubbed, like the old Kung Fu movies, that would be epic, especially if you deliberately gave them a weird way to talk, (not mouths, but wiggling appendages, or a bagpipe style sac that vibrates air through it) Although there is no way the rest of the movie could be taken seriously, you could aim for it to be "So bad it's good"

Mar 16, 2011
There is a problem with this idea. A culture able to find and travel to other species would be so enourmously more advanced than humans that portraying their perspective would be meaningless to us. How do you portray a conversation between two entities to which quantum mechanics is child's play? Most likely they would not even have biological bodies, and verbal communication would be hopelessly slow compared to light signals in a language of pure logic and mathematics. And the movie would be hopelessly short; if such a culture wanted to wipe us out, they could do it the blink of an eye.