If a videogame character could be your best friend.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
Holo (I've said it before, Spice & Wolf business/dating simulation visual novels in Japan, so it counts). Because seriously, who wouldn't want to be friends with a cute girl with the tail and ears of a wolf and who can turn into a badass GIANT WOLF!
NOT IF I GET HER FIRST! :3

OT: Other than the quote above, I'd probably go with Anna from Mana Khemia or Gray from Atelier Iris 2. Anna because she's proficient in alchemy and swordplay and has that large sense of loyalty and honour (and she's also kinda cute...). Gray because he's a DRAGON! that hunts Dragons...but he uses shields with words in them and he's just COOL!

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
There aren't all that many video game characters whose personality I think I could stand long enough to be best friends with them. Even my favorites I don't think would make good friends. I'll go through a list of my favorites and see if they'd work though...
Zalbag Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Has spent his entire life fighting wars with fairly blind loyalty to his family's cause. He's also an incredibly devout religious, which I don't really have that much of a problem with, but I think it could get problematic when making inappropriate jokes. Agrias Oakes would have similar problems.
Pang Tong (historical figure also in the Dynasty Warriors series) - Was sarcastic and seemed pretty chilled out, but was also a bit of an arrogant twat.
Urdnot Wrex (Mass Effect series) - I feel like would mostly think I'm a pussy. He's also a little violent for my taste.
Mordin Solus (as above) - I'm not really sure how long I could legitimately talk to at length about anything. First of all because a lot of what he'd be saying would be a little over my head, and secondly because I think I might have trouble knowing the kinds of shit he gets up to.
April Ryan (The Longest Journey) - Could potentially work as a friend. She can get pretty whiny, but as she's definitely a lot closer to a real person's personality than a lot of characters.
Naoto Shirogine (Persona 4) - Would be pretty cool, but seems to have a hard time taking a joke.
The Robots (Portal 2) - Seem pretty rad. I think I'll go with these guys. Hugs and high-fives all around.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
JemothSkarii said:
Macgyvercas said:
Holo (I've said it before, Spice & Wolf business/dating simulation visual novels in Japan, so it counts). Because seriously, who wouldn't want to be friends with a cute girl with the tail and ears of a wolf and who can turn into a badass GIANT WOLF!

OT: Other than the quote above, I'd probably go with Anna from Mana Khemia or Gray from Atelier Iris 2. Anna because she's proficient in alchemy and swordplay and has that large sense of loyalty and honour (and she's also kinda cute...). Gray because he's a DRAGON! that hunts Dragons...but he uses shields with words in them and he's just COOL!
*Has the defense of actually cosplaying as Lawrence*

Look at my avatar and custom title. If you could see and hear them, I'd also show you my wall scrolls, PS3 wallpaper, computer wallpaper (for both monitors), facebook banner, and all four ringtones for my phone (all four themes for Spice & Wolf).

I think I already won :p

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
chumble said:
Probably Mordin from ME2. Think of the benefits.
couldn't think of any... I always disagreed with what he did with Krogans and he can only live for about 40 years. I like him though

what benefit did you have in mind?

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
JemothSkarii said:
Macgyvercas said:

Look at my avatar and custom title. If you could see and hear them, I'd also show you my wall scrolls, PS3 wallpaper, computer wallpaper (for both monitors), facebook banner, and all four ringtones for my phone (all four themes for Spice & Wolf).

Hmm, got the wallscrolls, the wallpapers, the DVD's, mousepad...not going to beat you at it but I will gladly get into a fistfight over it XD even then I'd probably lose, but hey, could be fun.

Aean

Jul 22, 2011
Anivia from League of Legends! She is pretty awesome and always struck me as easy to get along with!

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Anivia_the_Cryophoenix/Background

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
JemothSkarii said:
Macgyvercas said:

I think you already won when you said that...

Now all you need is the stuff you can only get from Japan (The figures and what-not)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
JemothSkarii said:
Macgyvercas said:
JemothSkarii said:
Macgyvercas said:

Hmm, got the wallscrolls, the wallpapers, the DVD's, mousepad...not going to beat you at it but I will gladly get into a fistfight over it XD even then I'd probably lose, but hey, could be fun.
DVD's I have as well. And I'm planning on buying a Spice & Wolf bedspread at some point.

As for the fistfight...I'm dangerous when fighting for something I care about, but you're right, this could be fun XD

*draws swords*

Or we could make this more interesting...

StormShaun said:
Macgyvercas said:
JemothSkarii said:
Macgyvercas said:

I think you already won when you said that...

Now all you need is the stuff you can only get from Japan (The figures and what-not)
Working on it...

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Giest4life said:
Gordon Fucking Freeman. Here's why: a) He won't talk unnecessarily (if it all), b) he'd be extremely useful in the even there is a zombie apocalypse or should the aliens invade, and c) he can do all my homework since he's practically a genius.
I can guarantee that c) will backfire. Theoretical physics has a really nasty habit of forcing everything that isn't the specific thing you study right out of your brain.

OT: Kratos or War. Because they're both 8 foot tall killing machines. No one would fuck around with us, or they'd take some cold motherfucking steel to the face.

Wolfy1328

Aug 15, 2010
Midna: in imp form though.

Zoey from L4D: cause she seems like she is totally awesome.

John Marston: cause he is a badass

ultimate spiderman: that counts, right?