If DeSantis wins

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
What do we do if DeSantis wins in November? Because honestly, I see DeSantis as WAY more dangerous than Abbott, who's just incompetent. DeSantis is basically Trump with an IQ above freezing.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
De Santi just dance for the Trump cultist but I doubt he believe in all their crazy crap. Look at the hurricane that just happened, the moment it got serious he stop the buffoonery and tried to act serious. He also doesn't seem to surround himself with idiot yes man.

Of all the potential GOP contender he seems like one of the less worse option, behind (and I cannot believe I'm typing this) Cheney, who can't possibly win. So you know, the usual GOP of really bad for America but not like apocalypse level.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Unless trump is in jail, if DeSantis wins the nomination then trump will almost certainly start a 3rd party. Which I think would ensure another 4 years for Biden, although hes unlikely to have the congress needed to do anything by that point if history is any way to judge, but with republicans doing wacky shit, who knows.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Literally if it’s anyone that isn’t Trump or MAGA our democracy isn’t in danger.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
De Santi just dance for the Trump cultist but I doubt he believe in all their crazy crap. Look at the hurricane that just happened, the moment it got serious he stop the buffoonery and tried to act serious. He also doesn't seem to surround himself with idiot yes man.

Of all the potential GOP contender he seems like one of the less worse option, behind (and I cannot believe I'm typing this) Cheney, who can't possibly win. So you know, the usual GOP of really bad for America but not like apocalypse level.
Who would have thought a decade ago that she would be the best the GOP could muster

Also, I dont think Trump believed in most of crazy crap. As can be seen from the committee led by Cheney, he was told MANY times that he was wrong. It just didn't matter

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Who would have thought a decade ago that she would be the best the GOP could muster
The best either party could muster, to be frank. And she's a disgusting, emetic, intellectually and morally devoid neocon puke with no business being in the same hemisphere -- or planet -- as Washington, DC.

Bear in mind the other party is grooming the guy who helped fix bread prices in Canada whose gimmick is "bad Obama impersonator", and the woman who cackles menacingly about imprisoning single moms of "delinquent" (read, black) youths.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Man, the fear mongering is really working on you. You're worried about the governor (from I'm assuming not your state) getting re-elected? And why are you worried about the governor that handled the pandemic the best getting re-elected? DeSantis kept kids in school like the rest of the world did. He let people choose for themselves their own risk tolerance vs being told what it is.

Reactions: gorfias

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Man, the fear mongering is really working on you. You're worried about the governor (from I'm assuming not your state) getting re-elected? And why are you worried about the governor that handled the pandemic the best getting re-elected? DeSantis kept kids in school like the rest of the world did. He let people choose for themselves their own risk tolerance vs being told what it is.
What about the teachers?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
What about the teachers?
Yeah, they've tried to import the nonsense from Florida to attack teachers here but it hasn't worked due to the fact that De Santis is lying out his ass and none of the policies hold up to any scrutiny

But then, we had a private Christian school tried to ban trans and gay studente here which is *checks notes* very clearly discrimination. The principal was fired for using their religion to discriminate. Which does not seem like a thing in America. The law there keeps letting people discriminate

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
De Santis sure does a lot of fear mongering. Would you mind telling him to stop?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
What bad thing has happened to the teachers?

As soon as the left stops their fear mongering. You know, you don't have to bite on any of the fear mongering.
No you don't

That's also not what I'm saying. Everytime we point out exactly what De Santis is doing you call it fear mongering. Fear mongering, at least I assume in you world, requires it to be made up. None of it is made up. Teachers are being fired over nothing. They're also being fired if someone finds out if they are gay. Text books are being removed over teaching people to help each other. It's not fear mongering when it actually happens

Conversely, there hasnt been all those rapes trans people were going to commit. De Santis hasnt said a thing about trans or gay people that is true. Yet he keep calling them evil and destroying. That's what you call fear mongering

Reactions: Buyetyen

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Conversely, there hasnt been all those rapes trans people were going to commit. De Santis hasnt said a thing about trans or gay people that is true. Yet he keep calling them evil and destroying. That's what you call fear mongering
They were just recycling the old "gay men are all pedophiles and will rape your sons and turn them gay" crap from the last generation. Funny how lesbians were never treated the same....

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No you don't

That's also not what I'm saying. Everytime we point out exactly what De Santis is doing you call it fear mongering. Fear mongering, at least I assume in you world, requires it to be made up. None of it is made up. Teachers are being fired over nothing. They're also being fired if someone finds out if they are gay. Text books are being removed over teaching people to help each other. It's not fear mongering when it actually happens

That's not what I meant, I guess I was being a little lazy. What I meant was what happens to the teachers if kids went back to school during the height of the covid-19 pandemic back then.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That's not what I meant, I guess I was being a little lazy. What I meant was what happens to the teachers if kids went back to school during the height of the covid-19 pandemic back then.
I think this was meant to quotr Phoenixings

I can tell you what happened for Australia. We opened up at the start of the school year. Covid spread from kid to kid over about 6 mths. This also made teachers AND parents sick. This made the economy take a nose dive and made schools collapse classes due to teachers and children being sick. There wasnt much learning going on

Reactions: Cheetodust

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No you don't

Where's a story about a teacher getting fired for nothing? If Newsom signs that doctor law, it will get doctors fired for nothing (yet no complaints on here about that, I wonder why cuz it's your team). What's so bad about a textbook being removed? That's like as low level shit as you can get. What about all the blue states/cities keeping kids out of school for 18 months for nothing, that's worse than a few teachers getting fired (if they even are), you guys don't ever look at the big picture. And I can't even find a story about DeSantis talking about trans people committing rapes searching "desantis trans 'rape'" so seems like a bunch of nothing to me. So what bad things are actually going to happen if DeSantis gets re-elected? Because this thread seems like nothing but fear mongering to me. It seems like a bunch of "I know better than you" as people want DeSantis to not be re-elected even if he wins because that's what the citizens of Florida want but you all know better than them and thus this is actually anti-democracy in essence. Ya'll seem to only like democracy when something happens that ya'll agree with.

You can look at literally any of our peer countries that kept school open, we were like the only place that didn't.

I think this was meant to quotr Phoenixings

I can tell you what happened for Australia. We opened up at the start of the school year. Covid spread from kid to kid over about 6 mths. This also made teachers AND parents sick. This made the economy take a nose dive and made schools collapse classes due to teachers and children being sick. There wasnt much learning going on
Like 90% of kids got covid before vaccines were available for kids with keeping schools closed. Also, just about every study on having schools open shows that community spread doesn't increase with schools open. You also have to look at the OVERALL effects of things, what is worse schools being closed or schools being open, and the closed is definitely OVERALL worse.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Like 90% of kids got covid before vaccines were available for kids with keeping schools closed. Also, just about every study on having schools open shows that community spread doesn't increase with schools open. You also have to look at the OVERALL effects of things, what is worse schools being closed or schools being open, and the closed is definitely OVERALL worse.

Yes I'm very aware. Here I'll repeat, for the utter pointlessnees this will be:

Classrooms were not closed during Australian quarantine. (This means businesses were not closing either).

Many of them were closing once Australia opened up on a rolling basis

That is what Covid-19 did. Opening up was OVERALL making things worse

Yes, I'm very aware you will not understand a single word of this. Yes, I'm aware how pointless pointing this put to you is. This is not to say that opening up wasn't the right thing to do at the time. This is saying that Covid being in the country has wrecked the economy.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
What do we do if DeSantis wins in November? Because honestly, I see DeSantis as WAY more dangerous than Abbott, who's just incompetent. DeSantis is basically Trump with an IQ above freezing.
He has the capacity to do a lot of damage to Florida if he gets re-elected, but he probably will. Floridians have decided that any amount of pain caused by DeSantis's policies is worth it as long as he's inflicting greater pain on the people they hate. That's just the nature of Republican politics these days.

You have such a man-crush on him.

I love the "it isn't happening, except when it is, but it isn't that bad so why do you care" style of argument
Once you've decided not to give a shit, you just need an excuse. Any excuse will do.