If DeSantis wins

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yes I'm very aware. Here I'll repeat, for the utter pointlessnees this will be:

Classrooms were not closed during Australian quarantine. (This means businesses were not closing either).

Many of them were closing once Australia opened up on a rolling basis

That is what Covid-19 did. Opening up was OVERALL making things worse

Yes, I'm very aware you will not understand a single word of this. Yes, I'm aware how pointless pointing this put to you is. This is not to say that opening up wasn't the right thing to do at the time. This is saying that Covid being in the country has wrecked the economy.
So classrooms were never closed yet you contribute classrooms being open to spreading covid? You just said covid spread when everything else opened up vs just kids going back to school because they were always in school.

Also, the Australian population was probably one of the most non-exposed (to covid) populations so when you guys did open up, covid (or any disease) was like a fire with basically nothing but dry grass to burn through. Just about everywhere else, that wasn't the case because hardly anyone stopped covid before it could get going initially. NYC alone had 20% of the population infected with covid April 2020 so if you open that up with 20% of the population having natural immunity vs like 1% or 2% like what Australia probably was, there's quite a big difference.

You have such a man-crush on him.
Yet nobody can name any major policy mistakes he's had that have caused lots of people's lives to be worse. They are even trying to get him on a poor hurricane evacuation, it's fucking ridiculous. When he was asked why he didn't tell the hardest hit places to evacuate, he said he was going based off the models just like the reporters were, that's literally why the reporters were stationed in Tampa because that where the hurricane was supposed to hit, but I guess DeSantis was supposed to be a psychic. And you can't tell several highly populated areas to evacuate just in case (the storm changes course) because you end up with the roads being parking lots.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So classrooms were never closed yet you contribute classrooms being open to spreading covid? You just said covid spread when everything else opened up vs just kids going back to school because they were always in school.

Also, the Australian population was probably one of the most non-exposed (to covid) populations so when you guys did open up, covid (or any disease) was like a fire with basically nothing but dry grass to burn through. Just about everywhere else, that wasn't the case because hardly anyone stopped covid before it could get going initially. NYC alone had 20% of the population infected with covid April 2020 so if you open that up with 20% of the population having natural immunity vs like 1% or 2% like what Australia probably was, there's quite a big difference.
Just so we are clear. Australia has had about 40% of the popularion exposed to Covid 10ish months since it opened

The US is still yet to reach 30%

Classrooms collapsed in Australian schools. So, they would be open for a few weeks then there would be enough sick kids staying at home that you could shut down one classroom and combine it with another. It was very common for my kids not to see their teacher this year as either theh were sick or the rooms had to be combined due to low attendance BECAUSE CHILDREN GOT SICK. Because covid still makes them sick, they just are less likely to die. So the disease could spread with the children with still at school while there was a bunch of child at home. This was a rolling event so some weeks was good for the grade 4s at one school would be terrible for the grade 2s. Or the grade 4s at the school down the road. When I say rolling, I mean haphazard. Unpredictable. The first six months, almost every classroom had their attendance down by 20% due to covid. It was only when the rooms were 50% attended that they combined

But then, I doubt you going to bother understanding this. You quoted an article about 90% of children already having covid like it actually matters. You havent shown any understanding that you can get covid mulitple times so this 90% is one of the most pointless statistics in history. It doesn't mean they cant get it again. It's never, from day one, been how any of this works

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yet nobody can name any major policy mistakes he's had that have caused lots of people's lives to be worse.
So about that...

Sure, you had the modifier "lots of people's lives", which means you can ignore basically any of the bullshit affecting LGBT people, but now you've got every female athlete involved

EDIT: I can already hear the comeback "but they've had to do that for two decades", which sure. On paper, before the trans hysteria, abortion bans, and switch to third party online collection that's gonna due who knows what with that data

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So about that...

Sure, you had the modifier "lots of people's lives", which means you can ignore basically any of the bullshit affecting LGBT people, but now you've got every female athlete involved
Did you read the article linked in the tweet?

1) It's not "tracking", it's a handful of questions during the annual physical to do sports with the schools.
2) It was not inspired by trans anything, it's been on the forms for decades.
3) Those questions aren't enforcing anything, they are literally labeled "optional".
4) The controversy here is them trying to digitize the form, which has members of both major parties concerned about medical privacy issues.
5) The state of Florida didn't contract with Aktivate, a single school district did.

Stop trusting random twitter people blindly.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Just so we are clear. Australia has had about 40% of the popularion exposed to Covid 10ish months since it opened

The US is still yet to reach 30%

Classrooms collapsed in Australian schools. So, they would be open for a few weeks then there would be enough sick kids staying at home that you could shut down one classroom and combine it with another. It was very common for my kids not to see their teacher this year as either theh were sick or the rooms had to be combined due to low attendance BECAUSE CHILDREN GOT SICK. Because covid still makes them sick, they just are less likely to die. So the disease could spread with the children with still at school while there was a bunch of child at home. This was a rolling event so some weeks was good for the grade 4s at one school would be terrible for the grade 2s. Or the grade 4s at the school down the road. When I say rolling, I mean haphazard. Unpredictable. The first six months, almost every classroom had their attendance down by 20% due to covid. It was only when the rooms were 50% attended that they combined

But then, I doubt you going to bother understanding this. You quoted an article about 90% of children already having covid like it actually matters. You havent shown any understanding that you can get covid mulitple times so this 90% is one of the most pointless statistics in history. It doesn't mean they cant get it again. It's never, from day one, been how any of this works
I don't know where you're getting these numbers from but they are so very wrong. Over 90% of kids alone have been exposed to covid in the US (that's why like no one cares about getting them vaccinated anymore), there's literally no way only 30% of the US population has been exposed to covid. Maybe 30% of the population has gotten it twice, that would be far more believable. Here's the Australia and US covid cases since the beginning.

1665070017884.png

1665070091876.png

I think I asked you like months ago this and I don't recall you responding. Most of the reason kids would be out of school is school policy vs actually getting sick. If the policy was something like if one kid tests positive and the kids next to them quarantine as well, that's what's keeping kids out of school. That's what one of my friend's schools was doing, they kept sending like whole classrooms home in the 1st year of a single positive test. Was it the kids actually being sick or just policy keeping kids home? Your anecdote doesn't make much sense unless Australian kids are far far far far more likely to get sick from covid than American kids (who I'm sure are unhealthier).

We can and do. You just don't give a shit.
Haven't seen anyone post any major mistakes he's made.

So about that...

EDIT: I can already hear the comeback "but they've had to do that for two decades", which sure. On paper, before the trans hysteria, abortion bans, and switch to third party online collection that's gonna due who knows what with that data
Sounds like a bunch of nothing from tstorm's post. Man, you're really on these trans issues full board, what about all the other much much much bigger issues that the majority of the population cares about? Not saying you can just shit on some minority population, but you're acting like red states see trans people as 2nd class citizens when they don't. There's a reason why DeSantis has a good approval rating among his citizens.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Sounds like a bunch of nothing from tstorm's post. Man, you're really on these trans issues full board, what about all the other much much much bigger issues that the majority of the population cares about? Not saying you can just shit on some minority population, but you're acting like red states see trans people as 2nd class citizens when they don't. There's a reason why DeSantis has a good approval rating among his citizens.
They pretty explicitly see trans people as second class citizens and want them to not exist, hence all the medical bans. The fact that the trans population is small enough for that to not significantly affect overall approval ratings is irrelevant, especially considering conservative *love* treating trans people as second class citizens.

You just don't care because it's a minority population

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So about that...

Oh, that's a nice bit there about a third-party company being used, not beholden by the same regulations the schools are. How long before some government busybody sees that one of these athletes missed a menstrual cycle, assumes they're pregnant and starts handing down restrictions to "protect the baby"?

He just doesn't care because it's not him.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
DeSantis is whining that the "national regime media" was "rooting" for Hurricane Ian to hit Tampa, because the higher number of deaths would help them "pursue their political agenda".

DeSantis has exactly zero room to talk about disregarding lives in pursuit of a political agenda.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
DeSantis is whining that the "national regime media" was "rooting" for Hurricane Ian to hit Tampa, because the higher number of deaths would help them "pursue their political agenda".

DeSantis has exactly zero room to talk about disregarding lives in pursuit of a political agenda.
I wonder if he believe that CNN and other "national regime media" have trucks full of gays people having orgy in an attempt to use their apparently God given power to summon hurricane to the city that will allow them to pursue their agenda.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yes, because you ignore when they do.

No, that is the implicit subtext when you talk about human rights as a trivial issue.
This topic is only 2 pages long and nobody has posted any majorly bad shit DeSantis has done.

What right don't they have?

They pretty explicitly see trans people as second class citizens and want them to not exist, hence all the medical bans. The fact that the trans population is small enough for that to not significantly affect overall approval ratings is irrelevant, especially considering conservative *love* treating trans people as second class citizens.

What medical bans? Because you keep posting stuff of someplace changing a guideline, which isn't a ban, just a guideline. You post so much irrelevant shit from Twitter, it's hard to remember if you actually posted anything legit. And, why do you keep using Twitter, you're so very much for the mental health of trans people, but you don't seem to care about your mental health because Twitter and social media in general is pretty fucking horrible for anyone's mental health.

Why do you all point out the stupid shit the other side says when your side says just as much stupid shit? Then, ya'll act like you're so superior and better than them. The left media keeps perpetuating misinformation about the hurricanes being worse now because of climate change when the actual data says hurricanes have been less intense over the last 50+ years. Don Lemon had a meteorologist on and tried to get him to say the hurricane was due to climate change instead of asking actual pertinent questions before landfall that people would like know, and the meteorologist shut him up super fast. How is that not pushing an agenda? Then, the media also tried to blame DeSantis for not evacuating the hardest hit areas when he was going off the models of the storm that said Tampa vs the places that were hardest hit. Keep your eye on the actual important shit and ignore the stupid back and forth that is rather meaningless.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
What medical bans? Because you keep posting stuff of someplace changing a guideline, which isn't a ban, just a guideline. You post so much irrelevant shit from Twitter, it's hard to remember if you actually posted anything legit. And, why do you keep using Twitter, you're so very much for the mental health of trans people, but you don't seem to care about your mental health because Twitter and social media in general is pretty fucking horrible for anyone's mental health.

Let me guess, this doesn't count because it's not a total ban, it just prevents poor people from getting care unless they pay for it themselves, and it doesn't hurt *that* many people, because if you're a small enough group a state government running roughshod over you doesn't matter

He can spend millions of dollars trying to fuck over dozens of people at a time, but that's fine and not indicative of massive moral failings and willingness to abuse power because it's only hurting a couple dozen people at a time and that's not *that* many people. The precious *majority* is fine, and might even *like* screwing over a couple dozen people that they're scapegoating for the downfall of western civilization, that's not fascist at all.

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
This topic is only 2 pages long and nobody has posted any majorly bad shit DeSantis has done.
Because we're not interested in justifying ourselves to you.

What right don't they have?
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if the Republicans get their way. And you think that's just hunky dory because it isn't you who would be suffering.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Because we're not interested in justifying ourselves to you.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if the Republicans get their way. And you think that's just hunky dory because it isn't you who would be suffering.
Those aren't rights, those are truths. And we all know that truths are just alternative facts, so can be changed at any time to suit the grand agenda.

ETA: Damn it, I can't even be a smartass and be right. Those are supposed to be unalienable rights.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Let me guess, this doesn't count because it's not a total ban, it just prevents poor people from getting care unless they pay for it themselves, and it doesn't hurt *that* many people, because if you're a small enough group a state government running roughshod over you doesn't matter

He can spend millions of dollars trying to fuck over dozens of people at a time, but that's fine and not indicative of massive moral failings and willingness to abuse power because it's only hurting a couple dozen people at a time and that's not *that* many people. The precious *majority* is fine, and might even *like* screwing over a couple dozen people that they're scapegoating for the downfall of western civilization, that's not fascist at all.
Funny how the article says it limits healthcare and doesn't actually say what it's limiting so obviously not all transgender care is banned. Also, it seems like it's mainly about children and other countries, that are more progressive than the US, have also come to the same conclusions yet DeSantis and Florida are only doing such things because they obviously hate trans people...

Of course you would link to that guy's channel about something (you gonna link to the horrid Rational National next?). Those videos are usually so bad that I can't even watch those videos, I tried to watch that mental health video he put up last week (as I was just imaging PCs at work last week and looked for longer Youtube vids to listen to) and he said something so dumb in the first like 10 minutes, I clicked off of it. And DeSantis did some political stunt, who doesn't do political stunts? What bad policy that DeSantis has implemented that is making life quite worse for his citizens? He's running his state so much fucking better than like say Gavin Newsom but you got nothing to complain about there, do you? Why wasn't there a thread "If Newsom wins" his recall election?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Funny how the article says it limits healthcare and doesn't actually say what it's limiting so obviously not all transgender care is banned. Also, it seems like it's mainly about children and other countries, that are more progressive than the US, have also come to the same conclusions yet DeSantis and Florida are only doing such things because they obviously hate trans people...
It literally says puberty blockers, cross sex hormones, and sexual reassignment surgeries, which is the totality of transgender medical treatments and they aren't discriminating by age. Some *basic* fucking research or even reading comprehension , please.
Of course you would link to that guy's channel about something (you gonna link to the horrid Rational National next?). Those videos are usually so bad that I can't even watch those videos, I tried to watch that mental health video he put up last week (as I was just imaging PCs at work last week and looked for longer Youtube vids to listen to) and he said something so dumb in the first like 10 minutes, I clicked off of it. And DeSantis did some political stunt, who doesn't do political stunts? What bad policy that DeSantis has implemented that is making life quite worse for his citizens? He's running his state so much fucking better than like say Gavin Newsom but you got nothing to complain about there, do you? Why wasn't there a thread "If Newsom wins" his recall election?
So yeah, you don't give a shit he tried to screw over dozens of legal asylum seekers lives, risking them getting deported permanently and spending over ten million dollars to do so, because, I mean, they aren't citizens so they don't count, right? We can fuck over small enough groups of people as pure red meat, yeah? Those damn 'others', amIright?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It literally says puberty blockers, cross sex hormones, and sexual reassignment surgeries, which is the totality of transgender medical treatments and they aren't discriminating by age. Some *basic* fucking research or even reading comprehension , please.

So yeah, you don't give a shit he tried to screw over dozens of legal asylum seekers lives, risking them getting deported permanently and spending over ten million dollars to do so, because, I mean, they aren't citizens so they don't count, right? We can fuck over small enough groups of people as pure red meat, yeah? Those damn 'others', amIright?
Not that they were banned...

Here's what they said about those in the article:
"The state agency previously released a report stating that puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones and sex reassignment surgery have not been proven safe or effective in treating gender dysphoria. Tom Wallace, the state’s deputy director of Medicaid, signed off on the report in June."

The article doesn't actually say what is banned, they don't actually talk about the new rule at all outside of merely name dropping it.

AGAIN, how is DeSantis screwing over more people than Newsom (or other govenors)? How is DeSantis worse than the average governor? Why should I (or anyone) who doesn't live in Floriday be concerned about DeSantis winning his governor election? That's literally what the thread is and nobody has provided any reason for that or why DeSantis is worse than other governors. And why the fuck would those immigrants get deported for DeSantis (or anyone) moving them to another place in the US?

You're complaining about DeSantis wasting money when Florida is in the top 10 states for fiscal stability? You just point his political stunt out as wasting money because it's a headline you have extreme bias about while ignoring how other states waste much more money than Florida. You miss the forest for the trees all the time. Looking at that list, I hope you realize why everyone is leaving Illinois like I did.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Not that they were banned...

Here's what they said about those in the article:
"The state agency previously released a report stating that puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones and sex reassignment surgery have not been proven safe or effective in treating gender dysphoria. Tom Wallace, the state’s deputy director of Medicaid, signed off on the report in June."

The article doesn't actually say what is banned, they don't actually talk about the new rule at all outside of merely name dropping it.
I'm sure they're suing over nothing
AGAIN, how is DeSantis screwing over more people than Newsom (or other govenors)? How is DeSantis worse than the average governor? Why should I (or anyone) who doesn't live in Floriday be concerned about DeSantis winning his governor election? That's literally what the thread is and nobody has provided any reason for that or why DeSantis is worse than other governors. And why the fuck would those immigrants get deported for DeSantis (or anyone) moving them to another place in the US?
It's hard to go to your ICE appointment in Houston when you've been flown over to Virginia and nobody bothered to tell ICE about it. You should really watch that video. It goes into exhaustive detail
You're complaining about DeSantis wasting money when Florida is in the top 10 states for fiscal stability? You just point his political stunt out as wasting money because it's a headline you have extreme bias about while ignoring how other states waste much more money than Florida. You miss the forest for the trees all the time. Looking at that list, I hope you realize why everyone is leaving Illinois like I did.

I love that zero methodology article. Really says something about your research ability.

Did you know you can create a real stable economy if you don't mind screwing people over? The factors that article uses mean basically nothing compared to what we're talking about

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
I'm sure they're suing over nothing
It's hard to go to your ICE appointment in Houston when you've been flown over to Virginia and nobody bothered to tell ICE about it. You should really watch that video. It goes into exhaustive detail
I love that zero methodology article. Really says something about your research ability.

Did you know you can create a real stable economy if you don't mind screwing people over? The factors that article uses mean basically nothing compared to what we're talking about
What has Florida actually banned?

You can't make a new appointment in a different place? I have watched that guy's videos and find the information usually slanted and don't like his style. He's like the Rational National, his Cosby video was hilariously awful while the Legal Eagle's video on that gave you just the facts in a minute too because it was a short. Where's proof of DeSantis being worse than the average governor that I need to be so concerned about if he gets reelected?

There's a reason why Cook County is nicknamed Crook County. Cook County's ineptitude to provide super basic services (simply get a driver's license renewed) almost cost me a job (and would've if I was born literally 5 days earlier). Why don't you show me an article that says Florida is a poorly run state then? You know what this thread is about that nobody can demonstrate.