If DeSantis wins

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Once you post me the words of the Florida law that says what you claim it does.
No, no, no. It has been demonstrated how bad this law is, but you refuse to believe it because you're not the one being negatively effected. The burden is on you to argue in good faith, yet all you've done is make excuses for why you don't have to back up anything that comes out of your mouth.

You make shit up, dude. You really do.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
You can't watch a short news segment?
I can; I see no reason to, because if I watched every random online video you've found each week, I'd be here for hours of wasted time.

What parts of the curriculum do you believe are violating the constitution?

Also, what problem do you have with that news channel?
None particularly, I'm not well acquainted with US talkshows, and don't really want to be either.

I just don't find specific in-depth history of any one people to need a whole class when other more important things aren't being taught (aka opportunity cost).
Who's said an "entire class" is being devoted to every single one of these people?

You're making wild assumptions about how these things are being taught (whole classes, no context), because you've been presented with a shock-horror-rage list by a right-wing source with an axe to grind.

Consuming sugar in the quantities the average person consumes sugar is poison. It's the cause of the majority of disease today.
Complete hysterical bollocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Why would I be extrapolating that sugar needs it's fiber with it
Sugar doesn't need "its" fibre, if you mean that the sugar and fibre have to come from the same source. So for instance you could eat a load of bran flakes and a glass of apple juice to much the same effect on sugar absorption as you would by eating apples with an equivalent proportion of sugar/fibre.

This is because dietary fibre forms a sort of gel-like mass that holds water and various solutes (like sugars), thereby slowing absorption. It's not like the sugar in an apple can only be slowed by the fibre in the apple because it's... I dunno, chemically bonded to it.

Sugar is uniquely digested.
Erm. Can I remind you that you are talking to a biological scientist here, and - FYI - I have taught carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism at degree level so I'm not exactly unfamiliar with the area. It's hard to know how to really process that statement. It's so vague it's essentially impossible for me to draw any useful meaning from, but it sounds an awful lot like misguided waffle.

If say a vitamin has the same or similar uniqueness of having to be digested in a specific place and then the refined version no longer being digested there, that could obviously be a problem or could not be a problem.
Okay, I increasingly feel that you don't really understand what you're talking about. It's a strangely familiar feeling.

You literally said this... And it's a HORRIBLE idea that a completely inept public health body would ever consider.
Ah yes. Here we go again: Phoenixmgs thinks he knows better than everyone else because he saw a YouTube vid.

Consuming sugar in the quantities the average person consumes sugar is poison. It's the cause of the majority of disease today.
Random hyperbolic statement warning!

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I've seen them say that to Phoenixmgs, and you. And in both cases they were right.
It's more than that. It is, to my knowledge, everyone Buyetyen has disagreed with, which is not too long a list since the majority of the board is just here to daisy chain, but still more than 2.
No, just the ones who make shit up. If you didn't keep making shit up, I wouldn't have to keep telling you.
It's worth noting, you never tell me what I'm making up. You never tell me I make things up and then actually point to a falsehood. On the rare occasion you do manage a serious disagreement, you start to leave out the "you make things up, dude". It's almost as if "you make things up" is what you say when you want to disagree but you don't actually know how to.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
It's worth noting, you never tell me what I'm making up. You never tell me I make things up and then actually point to a falsehood. On the rare occasion you do manage a serious disagreement, you start to leave out the "you make things up, dude". It's almost as if "you make things up" is what you say when you want to disagree but you don't actually know how to.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
No, no, no. It has been demonstrated how bad this law is, but you refuse to believe it because you're not the one being negatively effected. The burden is on you to argue in good faith, yet all you've done is make excuses for why you don't have to back up anything that comes out of your mouth.

You make shit up, dude. You really do.
You know, these Don't Say Gay laws kind of remind me of Clinton 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy he put in place for the armed services

It might sound like a happy medium (for the 90s). But all that happened was massive witch hunts. People were able to get fellow soliders they dont like fired by pointing out that they put they hands on their hips or crossed their legs while sitting.

Tens of thousands were dishonorably discharge. They lost all benefits and access to the VA. Many of them weren't even gay, they just were targets for culture war BS

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You know, these Don't Say Gay laws kind of remind me of Clinton 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy he put in place for the armed services

It might sound like a happy medium (for the 90s). But all that happened was massive witch hunts. People were able to get fellow soliders they dont like fired by pointing out that they put they hands on their hips or crossed their legs while sitting.

Tens of thousands were dishonorably discharge. They lost all benefits and access to the VA. Many of them weren't even gay, they just were targets for culture war BS
Or they were blackmailed and abused.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Ate seven (7) big cookies today (the kind they sell in bags of four) and drank a bunch of energy drinks, and I feel amazing. Not even going to bother sleeping tonight, just going to keep tapping my foot to this funky beat and sing derogatory songs about myself like they do in the marines. I can't lift this weight that high! Oh my oh my oh my! It's because I'm so old! Fold gold bold Ronald! I should have had less sugar! Because it is a common disease!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ate seven (7) big cookies today (the kind they sell in bags of four) and drank a bunch of energy drinks, and I feel amazing. Not even going to bother sleeping tonight, just going to keep tapping my foot to this funky beat and sing derogatory songs about myself like they do in the marines. I can't lift this weight that high! Oh my oh my oh my! It's because I'm so old! Fold gold bold Ronald! I should have had less sugar! Because it is a common disease!
Go for an eighth.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ate seven (7) big cookies today (the kind they sell in bags of four)
Wait a second, wait, additional context needed. If you ate 7, and they come in bags of 4, you must have... bought 2 bags, and then eaten all but 1.

Who does that!? Either eat them all or leave more than 1 for next time!

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Wait a second, wait, additional context needed. If you ate 7, and they come in bags of 4, you must have... bought 2 bags, and then eaten all but 1.

Who does that!? Either eat them all or leave more than 1 for next time!
I'm married.