If DeSantis wins

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Yes, I see that Musk is as good at launch political campaign as he is rocket ships
And social skills, humour, running a business, telling the truth, keeping a relationship, sticking to a promise, protecting his staff, protecting "the children" from "adult material", using technical terms correctly, not looking dumb, not being a kunt, being a father, looking somewhat sober...shit, could go on all day at this rate. Edit: oh yeah almost forgot not being intimately involved with Epstein!

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Except, perhaps, that in the bigger picture it probably just benefits Trump.
I would like to believe that Trump is an easy candidate to beat in a general election, considering his shenanigans last time he was in office.

He lost last time and that was without the sixth of January having happened yet. I would like to think that moderates and independents dropped off as potential voters for him.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I would like to believe that Trump is an easy candidate to beat in a general election, considering his shenanigans last time he was in office.

He lost last time and that was without the sixth of January having happened yet. I would like to think that moderates and independents dropped off as potential voters for him.
Sure, he might have lost a fair chunk of potential voters. But there are a great number of other factors.

A major one might be turnout. Trump may really enthuse the right into action, where the centre and left are apathetic and unenthused with ho-hum Biden. So Trump loses voters on 2020, but the Democrats lose more.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Sure, he might have lost a fair chunk of potential voters. But there are a great number of other factors.

A major one might be turnout. Trump may really enthuse the right into action, where the centre and left are apathetic and unenthused with ho-hum Biden. So Trump loses voters on 2020, but the Democrats lose more.
One might hope that the threat of Trump would bring out Democratic voters.

Then there's also the issue of abortions that could potentially energize voters.

Although I can also see people not showing up because of them thinking; "we've got this in the bag".

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
One might hope that the threat of Trump would bring out Democratic voters.

Then there's also the issue of abortions that could potentially energize voters.

Although I can also see people not showing up because of them thinking; "we've got this in the bag".
The abortion issue caused the GOP to lose almost all women voters for generations. That's why they're going so hard into the drag queen story hour and trans kids - they're hoping the same "save the baby!" crowd will show up to save the children vote.
And that's not just me being cynical - leaks documents from GOP meetings show they're using the drag show shit to get abortion out of the headlines ahead of the 2024 election.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

That's the thing with zealots, they're really motivated.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Name the DNC backed law that makes people homeless. Where in the law does it say is makes people homeless?
It's literally in the thread. I love how you're smarter than every single lawyer in Florida though. You're wasting your prestigious talents being a mere software engineer
That thing that distinctly didn't fucking happen?

Meanwhile you're absolutely and explicitly fine with using teachers lives and careers to "test the law and figure out it's limits", so I don't know what you're complaining about. Maybe stop being a bigger hypocrite than usual
Just look at California. Or tons of other cities with horrible policy that they blame conservatives for when conservatives literally have no voice whatsoever in those policies because the entire legislation are comprised of democrats.

Post the text of the bill that says that.

Worse stuff happened to that guy than any teacher in Florida. Any law that you pass will be tested in court, it's both good and bad, it's just how it is.

Here's the proof you didn't watch the video

This quote can be true.

Do you know what is also true. Cis-women althetes are ALWAYS have stronger than cis-women. They also have bigger lung capabilities, generally taller, etc.

If transwomen are compete against ciswomen ATHLETES, compare them against ciswomen ATHLETES. Comparing transwomen to non-athletes would be stupid
Why do you think those studies are trans-women athletes vs cis-women non-athletes? I don't know why you're so adamant that trans-women and cis-women are equals physically. There's literally things you can't reverse that's apart of normal development for both sexes. It's pretty basic logic is that chances are pretty low that we'd be able to completely turn a male into female in physical ability. Thus, if that is your claim, you have to prove it, and where is this proof?

Well, he just got a very bland and terminally inoffensive call for unity banned

Because, as we saw with his textbook ban, helping people is woke and should be banned
That book wasn't banned.

Eddie Hall (let's ignore the buckets of PEDs that he has poured into his body) has something commonly referred to as the "Hercules gene". People with this gene produce less mycostatin which in simple terms allows the body to grow far more muscle than would normally be attainable. Purely conjecture, but judging by the sheer fucking size of the top weightclass strongmen I would imagine quite a few possess this gene (as well as just being stuffed to bursting with PEDs). The fact is that the top class athletes in ALL sports are absolute genetic freaks. There is something different about their body that makes them absurdly good at their sport. Athletes, in general, don't chose their favourite sport. Odds are they got particularly into that sport because they were built for it because nobody likes losing all the time and winning feels nice. Therefore they really enjoy the sport that are gifted in.

As for Phoenixmgs claim that the science shows trans women have an advantage. It just doesn't. There isn't a long enough history or a large enough sample for us to make any definitive statements one way or the other. Conjecture, based on studies that may imply this but do not seek to actively demonstrate it is just a hypothesis that has never been tested. Anyone who thinks that you can just look at a bunch of slightly related studies and use those to back up a claim fundamentally does not understand how scientific research works. They also entirely ignore all of the trans women athletes who do not absolutely dominate in their sport amd focua solely on the ones that do and misrepresent how much they dominate.
There's quite a few differences anatomically between the sexes that you can't reverse so yeah... I'm going need to see data saying it's fair.

Yeah he knows. We all saw the rocket explode.
Which to be fair, at least the rocket got off the platform. Hard to say the same thing about Desantis

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Oh so Musk isn't trying to get to Mars, he's making the next gen ICBMs. I mean I should have figured. The Trek-Bro image was just a façade the whole time.
Why are you so against so many people? The point of the launch (that Musk probably has hardly anything to do with) was to figure out what works and what doesn't. Just look at things how they are instead of trying to put your preferred narrative over everything. You're literally mocking Musk for a science experiment that wasn't supposed to actually work that he had no part in. Why?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Just look at California. Or tons of other cities with horrible policy that they blame conservatives for when conservatives literally have no voice whatsoever in those policies because the entire legislation are comprised of democrats.

Thankfully, you'll be able to supply your law expertise and get this all cleaned up, as you are smarter than every other lawyer

Like, what is your actual argument, that these pesky trans people are medically detransitioning when they don't have to in order to unfairly impugn Republicans?

Worse stuff happened to that guy than any teacher in Florida. Any law that you pass will be tested in court, it's both good and bad, it's just how it is.
And fucking what then? Option A) it fails the court test after costing large amounts of time, money and stress, and you start arguing we shouldn't be mad at the GOP because other people stopped their batshit discriminatory law, or B) it passes and we can't get mad at the GOP because it's obviously legal? At what point are we allowed to be mad at the right, precisely? Hell, you pretend to be left-leaning and I'm asking for citations at this point

False, he was not investigated by a State enforcement agency for potential criminal legal action. He wasn't suspended. He didn't resign. He only temporarily stopped teaching one class. The fact that you consider his situation as *worse* that potentially facing jail time for showing a fucking Disney movie is literally insane

Last edited:

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

I can't imagine this going poorly at all. At all.
Is why it's important to take notice of what Ron does in regards to corporate/financial regulatory areas - what he says out loud is meaningless fanservice - yet the wealthiest of donors are banking their money on him for specific results, these kinds results - this deregulation is their end goal: they ain't running out of money, connections nor motivation to keep lobbying to push further towards it neither, and it's not like a lot of them have anything better to do at the top of the pyramid. Understanding the ruthlessness and absurdly unequal access to political representation is essential to formulating more effective political strategies against these ghouls' dehumanising, cruel devotion to avarice.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Good old stupid people on twitter. The two things described, both described dishonestly, aren't even in the same bill.
Actually its pretty close.
HB133 does in fact not place a limit on fees landlords can charge:

and then SB102 does in fact ban local governments from issuing rent controls:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Actually its pretty close.
HB133 does in fact not place a limit on fees landlords can charge:
It does not place a specific numerical cap on what the fees are. It does, however, say that the fees can only be an option taken knowingly by renters, with a signed agreement by the renters, in the place of a security deposit that must also be an option both before and after agreeing to such fees, so those fees can be opted out of at any time, and can never be charged without giving the option for a traditional security deposit. That is a lot of limits.

The bill: flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/133/BillText/er/PDF

and then SB102 does in fact ban local governments from issuing rent controls:
Rent controls were already effectively banned in Florida. The law in Florida allowed rent control only if the local government made the argument that lack of affordable housing presented a "serious menace to the general public", then called a public hearing with notice for citizens to attend, and then have the measure approved directly by the voters on a ballot. There were already no rent control policies in effect in the state of Florida before the bill. And this is in a bill that's putting hundreds of millions into affordable housing investment, putting extra limitations and requirements on land developers, while weakening some of the authorities of localities that have NIMBY'd residential development out of their neighborhoods. The bill was introduced by members of both parties, and passed unanimously through committee and the Florida senate, with only 5 Democrats in the entire state House of Florida voting against it.

To describe that as Desantis banning rent control is deeply dishonest.