If DeSantis wins

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Funny how you don't see the government trying to stop general ideas from being discussed as problematic but find someone having to call a woman a woman (which doesn't stop you from expressing any ideas) as very problematic.
Any other non-profit organizations full of opinions you don't like that you want the government to ban, now that the Florida government is taking out the queer ones? 'Cause, like, if you're running a suicide line, you're gonna want to gender people how they want to be gendered

How's an outreach program supposed to work if you have to use the Government Mandated Politically Correct language when your argument is not that? "Hey kids, I know you're feeling lonely, but it's perfectly okay and normal to be [REDACTED BY THE GOVERNMENT Of FLORIDA]"
I'm sure it's also will be nice for cops to be able to pull over someone and not have to deal with bullshit like this. They can just refer to a woman as "ma'am" and not have to worry about getting in trouble over it. Because you have people that are like this...
Trying To Escape A DUI With Wokeness - YouTube
Lol, a cop "worrying about getting in trouble over it", lmao. Have you even *been* to the United States of America?

Reactions: Kwak

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I summarized what the video was about already. Chicago codes massively made it harder to build affordable housing and the multi-family homes that the city used to have have been converted to single family homes and now it's super hard to build more multi-family housing because of pointless regulations.
And what relevance do Chicago's building regulations have to my situation?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Any other non-profit organizations full of opinions you don't like that you want the government to ban, now that the Florida government is taking out the queer ones? 'Cause, like, if you're running a suicide line, you're gonna want to gender people how they want to be gendered

How's an outreach program supposed to work if you have to use the Government Mandated Politically Correct language when your argument is not that? "Hey kids, I know you're feeling lonely, but it's perfectly okay and normal to be [REDACTED BY THE GOVERNMENT Of FLORIDA]"
Lol, a cop "worrying about getting in trouble over it", lmao. Have you even *been* to the United States of America?
You do realize all these "gendered" terms are not based on gender but sex right? Calling a woman a woman or referring to a woman as she is all sex related, that's literally how the words are defined (literally look up what the words 'woman', 'man', 'she', 'he', 'girl', 'boy', etc are defined as). If a person is getting offended by words, then there's a bigger issue that that person has. About a month back, we were playing a basic party game and a friend wanted to use "Trump" as a clue and she started by saying "I hope this doesn't trigger/offend anyone" and then said "Trump" as the clue. I, of course, am like why would anyone be triggered by saying the name of a President of the United States?

What actual ideas are you not allowed to express?

Whether it's a cop or some clerk at a tax office, they can just say that's the rule, it's not up to them, and that's just how it is. It ends those sorta situations super fast. It's like where I'm at in IT when users always ask for some random software to be installed and I can just say it's not approved software and against the security rules and it ends that conversation immediately.

Are they really pointless, or do you just not like the points for why they exist?
Morals have no reason to exist in building codes.

And what relevance do Chicago's building regulations have to my situation?
It's why cities can't build affordable housing...

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Chicago's building regulations are the reason London can't build affordable housing? That's surprising!
Most cities in America have the same reasons why affordable housing can't be built and/or takes forever, Chicago was merely highlighted as an example. The video also mentions how a city like Houston can because they don't have stupid policy and regulations blocking people from building housing relatively easy.

Even Wikipedia has an article dedicated to the California housing shortage.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Most cities in America have the same reasons why affordable housing can't be built and/or takes forever, Chicago was merely highlighted as an example. The video also mentions how a city like Houston can because they don't have stupid policy and regulations blocking people from building housing relatively easy.

Still not seeing the relevance of this to the situation I, as a denizen of London, find myself in.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

Did you forget other countries exist again? Do you need medication?

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Morals have no reason to exist in building codes.
So you think there is no moral element involved in regulations designed to minimise the risk of a building falling down or bursting into flames [and potentially killing the occupants]?

Fascinating stuff. Do continue.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Did you forget other countries exist again? Do you need medication?
We're talking about democratic policies in AMERICA...

So you think there is no moral element involved in regulations designed to minimise the risk of a building falling down or bursting into flames [and potentially killing the occupants]?

Fascinating stuff. Do continue.
Safety =/= morals

Watch the video if you actually want to discuss it.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Safety =/= morals
On a technical level, no safety isn't morality, but this isn't an interesting argument just like it's not interesting to argue that cats are not dogs.

Why do we value safety? Do you really think that people's lives and health has no major moral component? Do you perhaps think that a major element in drives to improve safety in workplaces was that it was immoral for businessmen to exploit people by putting their lives and health at risk for greater profits?

Watch the video if you actually want to discuss it.
No, I am not wasting my time watching videos from internet randos.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You do realize all these "gendered" terms are not based on gender but sex right? Calling a woman a woman or referring to a woman as she is all sex related, that's literally how the words are defined (literally look up what the words 'woman', 'man', 'she', 'he', 'girl', 'boy', etc are defined as). If a person is getting offended by words, then there's a bigger issue that that person has.
Motherfucking look in a mirror
What actual ideas are you not allowed to express?

Whether it's a cop or some clerk at a tax office, they can just say that's the rule, it's not up to them, and that's just how it is. It ends those sorta situations super fast. It's like where I'm at in IT when users always ask for some random software to be installed and I can just say it's not approved software and against the security rules and it ends that conversation immediately.
The sort of situation that basically doesn't come up and barely matters when it does? Super worth shredding the first amendment over. How's it feel to be a Tory?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, you were also critiquing my life choices.

Fucking lol. It's a moral imperative to prevent the injury or death of others when you're in a position to do so. Safety regulations don't exist just cos.

No thanks.
It's like all the twitter users complaining about how bad twitter is when you can, you know, not fucking use twitter, it's not that fucking hard. That's what complaining about how bad living in a city is to me.

If you're not willing to discuss something, then don't try to discuss it.

On a technical level, no safety isn't morality, but this isn't an interesting argument just like it's not interesting to argue that cats are not dogs.

Why do we value safety? Do you really think that people's lives and health has no major moral component? Do you perhaps think that a major element in drives to improve safety in workplaces was that it was immoral for businessmen to exploit people by putting their lives and health at risk for greater profits?

No, I am not wasting my time watching videos from internet randos.

Motherfucking look in a mirror

The sort of situation that basically doesn't come up and barely matters when it does? Super worth shredding the first amendment over. How's it feel to be a Tory?

And...? You don't need "official" gender training to be able to express any idea. Sounds good to me because all these stupid trainings are just a waste of time and money.

What the fuck are you even going on about? This doesn't do anything the first amendment. It's just that the state officially sees someone as their biological sex and state employees must abide by that officially (pertaining to official documents and whatnot). It's not that they can't unofficially refer to someone as whatever the hell they want to. Why would it affect LGBTQ medical treatment? Instead of calling a transwoman a woman, they are officially referred to as a man, how does that affect their medical treatment?

Do you just spend all your time on twitter getting mad over nothing? Why do you even use twitter to begin with?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's like all the twitter users complaining about how bad twitter is when you can, you know, not fucking use twitter, it's not that fucking hard. That's what complaining about how bad living in a city is to me.
Oooooook...? But living in a city is the best available choice for my situation. And you're the one endlessly moaning about the choices other people are making.

Happy to discuss arguments you actually have. Just not endless regurgitation of online randos. If you have an argument, make it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
What the fuck are you even going on about? This doesn't do anything the first amendment. It's just that the state officially sees someone as their biological sex and state employees must abide by that officially (pertaining to official documents and whatnot). It's not that they can't unofficially refer to someone as whatever the hell they want to.
That's stupid as fuck. The state is mandating that non-profit organizations, at the very least, be rude in all official communications or be shut down. And you uncritically support this because, what, you want to be intentionally rude in official communications and have the government back you? How is that *not* a first amendment issue?

If they can't do anything related to sexual orientation on official paper work, how the entire fuck do they do any advocacy towards gay rights? You can't like, set up unofficial clinics and seminars. As soon as the organization does that, THEY BECOME OFFICIAL

Don't get me wrong, I know you don't care about that, but even logically you see why that's a problem for these organizations, right?
Why would it affect LGBTQ medical treatment? Instead of calling a transwoman a woman, they are officially referred to as a man, how does that affect their medical treatment?
The state of Florida is aping Russian laws that shut down LGBT organizations and you think that's nothing

Not surprising for a centrist who's left on most things. Dunno what you're actually left *about* at this point

Do you just spend all your time on twitter getting mad over nothing? Why do you even use twitter to begin with?
Isn't your justification for why this is awesome hinge on a single youtube video of a cop having a weird time?

EDIT: It's always funny how I'll post something that like, dozens of lawyers and activists say will do a thing, and supporters of a thing are celebrating doing a thing, and you'll dunning-kruger yourself into a high-chair and be the sole voice saying that the Florida government is passing laws that don't do anything. It's wild

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Oooooook...? But living in a city is the best available choice for my situation. And you're the one endlessly moaning about the choices other people are making.

Happy to discuss arguments you actually have. Just not endless regurgitation of online randos. If you have an argument, make it.
Since when am I b!tching about how horrible it is to live in my area?

Someone that knows more about a subject than me is gonna to construct a better argument. Where is anything you ever put forward saying how living in a blue area is objectively better than a red area?

That's stupid as fuck. The state is mandating that non-profit organizations, at the very least, be rude in all official communications or be shut down. And you uncritically support this because, what, you want to be intentionally rude in official communications and have the government back you? How is that *not* a first amendment issue?

If they can't do anything related to sexual orientation on official paper work, how the entire fuck do they do any advocacy towards gay rights? You can't like, set up unofficial clinics and seminars. As soon as the organization does that, THEY BECOME OFFICIAL

Don't get me wrong, I know you don't care about that, but even logically you see why that's a problem for these organizations, right?

The state of Florida is aping Russian laws that shut down LGBT organizations and you think that's nothing

Not surprising for a centrist who's left on most things. Dunno what you're actually left *about* at this point

Isn't your justification for why this is awesome hinge on a single youtube video of a cop having a weird time?

EDIT: It's always funny how I'll post something that like, dozens of lawyers and activists say will do a thing, and supporters of a thing are celebrating doing a thing, and you'll dunning-kruger yourself into a high-chair and be the sole voice saying that the Florida government is passing laws that don't do anything. It's wild
How is calling a woman a woman rude? If some super white person fills out their form saying their African American, a state worker just shouldn't question that to avoid being rude? Dave Chappelle put it perfectly.

1701371567573.png

How is a gay man not a man? What does being gay have to be with your sex? Why can't you say gay men have the right to marry another man or whatever other rights they have?

Again, how are they shutting down any of these organizations? How is the 1st amendment being upended?

You've literally submitted no evidence of what you claim. Just because someone says something on twitter doesn't make it true. Making men being referred as men and women referred as women (officially) is not causing any free speech issues or causing LGBTQ organizations to be closed.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
How is calling a woman a woman rude? If some super white person fills out their form saying their African American, a state worker just shouldn't question that to avoid being rude? Dave Chappelle put it perfectly.
At a certain basis, it's about not being a twat.

I would say from a liberal perspective that as a white, heterosexual man it's not my business to tell women what it is to be a woman, homosexuals what it is to be homosexual, and black people what it is to be black. (Honestly, it's not my business to tell other white, heterosexual men what their lives are, either.) If you want to go around doing that, it really just makes you an arrogant, presumptious twat.

So if someone tells me they are transexual, same applies. I just don't really see why it's my business to tell them what their gender is. They're in a much better position to tell me.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You've literally submitted no evidence of what you claim. Just because someone says something on twitter doesn't make it true. Making men being referred as men and women referred as women (officially) is not causing any free speech issues or causing LGBTQ organizations to be closed.
Except for screenshots of the law showing it's not allowing organizations to do anything official regarding information about sexual orientation. It's even highlighted

I should've started with that. You don't think it's ride to refer to a trans woman as a man, and you don't think it's a free speech issue for the government to force you to refer to a trans woman as a man, and now that's all you're fixated on

So now it's fine to tell Planned Parenthood that they aren't allowed to talk about enhanced risks of STDs for gay and lesbian people. It's fine to say that The Trevor Prohect isn't allowed to hold workshops talking about queer rights. It's staright up unlawful for a clinic to give any training to it's employees about queer people in any capacity

Because Le Epic Dave Chapelle Quote. You truly think you're above twitter propoganda and you've fallen down the youtube rabbit hole. We're done

Reactions: Satinavian

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Hol' up, you guys are seriously arguing with someone who, without a fucking shred of irony, just said (and I'll paraphrase),

"It's not a First Amendment issue to prohibit government employees from referring to anyone as anything other than the sex they were assigned at birth".

Gimme a second,

1701397775421.png

Reactions: crimson5pheonix