If DeSantis wins

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
At a certain basis, it's about not being a twat.

I would say from a liberal perspective that as a white, heterosexual man it's not my business to tell women what it is to be a woman, homosexuals what it is to be homosexual, and black people what it is to be black. (Honestly, it's not my business to tell other white, heterosexual men what their lives are, either.) If you want to go around doing that, it really just makes you an arrogant, presumptious twat.

So if someone tells me they are transexual, same applies. I just don't really see why it's my business to tell them what their gender is. They're in a much better position to tell me.
It's a simple fucking definition, if you're offended by that, then it's you that has an issue. No one is trying to tell anyone what it is to be a woman or black or white or whatever, it's just that you are that. If you're Irish, you're Irish, whether you like it or not. Saying someone is is a woman is no different than pointing to a person in a blue shirt and saying "go over there, the person in the blue shirt can help you with that". Why do you guys keep using gender as sex? I'm not telling anyone what their gender is, I don't care, but if they have to fill out a form where their sex is needed, then they better put their sex. Without agreeing on what words mean, a language is no longer a language anymore.

1701441308844.png

Except for screenshots of the law showing it's not allowing organizations to do anything official regarding information about sexual orientation. It's even highlighted

I should've started with that. You don't think it's ride to refer to a trans woman as a man, and you don't think it's a free speech issue for the government to force you to refer to a trans woman as a man, and now that's all you're fixated on

So now it's fine to tell Planned Parenthood that they aren't allowed to talk about enhanced risks of STDs for gay and lesbian people. It's fine to say that The Trevor Prohect isn't allowed to hold workshops talking about queer rights. It's staright up unlawful for a clinic to give any training to it's employees about queer people in any capacity

Because Le Epic Dave Chapelle Quote. You truly think you're above twitter propoganda and you've fallen down the youtube rabbit hole. We're done
Did you even read the bill? Because I just read it and all the bill says is you can't FORCE employees to take part in various gender training. It doesn't say you can't have that information said, you just can't FORCE people to take part in it. How is this a 1st amendment issue or gonna close any LGBTQ organization?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
It's a simple fucking definition, if you're offended by that, then it's you that has an issue. No one is trying to tell anyone what it is to be a woman or black or white or whatever, it's just that you are that. If you're Irish, you're Irish, whether you like it or not.
Underlining mine. Its stunning that you've chosen... an example where hugely contentious questions of identity and nationality led to nearly a century of violence. What it means to be Irish is probably one of the worst examples you could have chosen as far as your own argument is concerned, because its not simple.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
It's a simple fucking definition
Well, no it isn't. Conventionally, sex is defined by nothing other than a baby being pulled of mummy's womb and seeing whether it's got a penis or a vagina. By this measure, if someone has a sex change operation and alters their genitalia, they've changed sex. The Florida law, however, seems to insist that sex is immutable. So they can have a woman standing in front of them with breasts and vagina, and insist she's a man. This seems to me perverse and ridiculous.

Secondly, gender is a thing and reflects a sense of identity, someone's self-image - and that is as far as I'm concerned mostly up to them. If there's a guy whose name is Steve and you want to call him "Phil", then that's up to you. If Steve's a gay, Chinese man who supports the Green Bay Packers you can also treat him like a heterosexual black woman who supports the Houston Oilers if your really want. As Dave Chapelle would put it, you don't have to "participate in their self-image". But not doing so really just means you are behaving like a complete twat*. And that's my point.

(* Something we might note that Dave Chapelle is well versed in)

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Underlining mine. Its stunning that you've chosen... an example where hugely contentious questions of identity and nationality led to nearly a century of violence. What it means to be Irish is probably one of the worst examples you could have chosen as far as your own argument is concerned, because its not simple.
Seems like the Irish made it harder than it is then.

Well, no it isn't. Conventionally, sex is defined by nothing other than a baby being pulled of mummy's womb and seeing whether it's got a penis or a vagina. By this measure, if someone has a sex change operation and alters their genitalia, they've changed sex. The Florida law, however, seems to insist that sex is immutable. So they can have a woman standing in front of them with breasts and vagina, and insistma she's a man. This seems to me perverse and ridiculous.

Secondly, gender is a thing and reflects a sense of identity, someone's self-image - and that is as far as I'm concerned mostly up to them. If there's a guy whose name is Steve and you want to call him "Phil", then that's up to you. If Steve's a gay, Chinese man who supports the Green Bay Packers you can also treat him like a heterosexual black woman who supports the Houston Oilers if your really want. As Dave Chapelle would put it, you don't have to "participate in their self-image". But not doing so really just means you are behaving like a complete twat*. And that's my point.

(* Something we might note that Dave Chapelle is well versed in)
There's more to sex than just genitalia. Why does the transwoman care so much if the state officially considers her a man?

Not really, I don't humor people's delusions regardless of what they are. That doesn't mean I don't call a transwoman "her" if they actually look like a woman, but that doesn't mean they are actually a woman either.

LOL, what a dork
Shockingly taken out of context, who could've guessed...? DeSantis never closed the beaches because scientifically that made no sense. California had beaches closed for like a year or something. Newsom is a joke, there was a reason there was a recall election.

It's understandable how desperate he is to disclaim that he "followed science" and "followed facts". He wants votes from Trump supporters, and science and facts are absolute anathema to them.
He did follow the science; science is not a belief. You don't catch covid outside (well, near impossible at least), masks don't work (as shown by literally every RCT on masking). You can choose to live in your own delusional world where you think the opposite is true but that doesn't make it true.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Seems like the Irish made it harder than it is then.

There's more to sex than just genitalia. Why does the transwoman care so much if the state officially considers her a man?

Not really, I don't humor people's delusions regardless of what they are. That doesn't mean I don't call a transwoman "her" if they actually look like a woman, but that doesn't mean they are actually a woman either.

Shockingly taken out of context, who could've guessed...? DeSantis never closed the beaches because scientifically that made no sense. California had beaches closed for like a year or something. Newsom is a joke, there was a reason there was a recall election.

He did follow the science; science is not a belief. You don't catch covid outside (well, near impossible at least), masks don't work (as shown by literally every RCT on masking). You can choose to live in your own delusional world where you think the opposite is true but that doesn't make it true.
LOL, what a dork

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

This is what happens when you say DeSantis has done all this horrible stuff and the person you're speaking with actually knows things.

"DeSantis lied about covid numbers" > "That investigation found basically every state had the same issues early on and the person that 'whistleblew' Florida numbers is a known crazy person"

"Florida had many more covid deaths" > "Actually, Florida and California did basically the same and Florida has more elderly"

"Don't say gay bill is just hate against LGBTQ" > "The bill just banned sexual stuff for young kids and when people who actually read the bill vs just getting lies from the media were polled, it found like 75% agreed with the bill"

Democracy is great, we can't have democracy fall apart (democracy dies in darkness!!!), and then when something passes you don't like and the majority of people are for that, we get...

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Reading a phoenix post makes your brain-voice always sound like is on verge of running out of breath just before it dies

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
So you don't even have the courage of your convictions? Wow.
Do you not understand how gender and sex are 2 different things...?

Imagine using state power to go after one (1) child

How about that state bill that doesn't do what you say, you gonna admit you're wrong on that bullshit?

More tweets that are complete bullshit that are just complaining about how literally the whole world works...