If DeSantis wins

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So, I thought I'd add this here

Towards the end of the article, there is a whistle-blower who states that doctors are bullying parents into giving kids gender affirming care AND the kid can turn up with genders like mushroom, rock and helicopter to get hormone therapy

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
there is a whistle-blower who states that doctors are bullying parents into giving kids gender affirming care
By which, of course, they mean that the doctors actually advocated for their patient (the child) instead of prescribing some good ole fashion conversion therapy like their parents wanted.

AND the kid can turn up with genders like mushroom, rock and helicopter to get hormone therapy
Christ... They've really repeated their one joke so many times that they've actually begun to believe it's real, haven't they?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Aw, I was so sure you were going to say man-flesh.
Long-pig is old-timey human slang for human meat, man-flesh makes me think of orcs. And most of the eaters are likely to be human, so I think it works better.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
By which, of course, they mean that the doctors actually advocated for their patient (the child) instead of prescribing some good ole fashion conversion therapy like their parents wanted.

Christ... They've really repeated their one joke so many times that they've actually begun to believe it's real, haven't they?
I mean, they jumped at believing schools were putting in litter boxes for child furries, so...

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I mean, they jumped at believing schools were putting in litter boxes for child furries, so...
I mean, this is not new. Gay people were pedophiles, Carthage were sacrificing child, Jews control the world, healers were burnt at the stake for witchcraft and sea people almost destroyed civilization. Believing ridiculous things is the norm

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
sea people almost destroyed civilization.
So to be fair to this one, the late bronze age collapse did happen and there is evidence that several groups of (still only semi-defined) invaders played a part including some invasions by sea. It was just actually localized to the eastern Mediterranean/Near-East Asia* and the cities "destroyed" were wildly over-estimated.

*and what Western (racist) historians from the past haven't conflated that area with the entirety of ancient civilization before...

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
So to be fair to this one, the late bronze age collapse did happen and there is evidence that several groups of (still only semi-defined) invaders played a part including some invasions by sea. It was just actually localized to the eastern Mediterranean/Near-East Asia* and the cities "destroyed" were wildly over-estimated.
Sort of. Constant raiding of outlying lands can cause the loss of agricultural production as land is pillaged or abandoned. This leaves cities unable to feed themselves, so although a city might not end up physically destroyed, it can severely decline and even be effectively abandoned itself. Of course, as a chain reaction, people so raided and unable to maintain agriculture would become refugees that could potentially destabilise nearby lands, or even become raiders themselves.

I'd particularly point out that what an ancient source calls an "invader" might not have been so violent as the source makes out (much like some do today). But if you're going to massacre a mass of civilian refugees, it certainly looks a lot better and more impressive to present them as an invading army.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
We have three current or possible major wars Israel v Iran(Which could involve nukes), the US v China in Taiwan, and currently Russia vs Ukraine. High food, medicine, and home prices, climate change disaster weather occurring everywhere, and we are concerned that less than 1% of the population who uses trans healthcare could become 1% of the population.

In my State, there was a train derailment that fucked over a town due to the Trump admin's deregulation of the logistics industry where Trump played the hero over going there when he caused it.

And Ron DeSantis will do nothing to solve any of these problems in the long term. And I don't think he will win, but it's either him or Trump and the republicans have little policy differences.