if everyone was transformed in to their favorite videogame protagonist who/what would you be

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
PROtagonist? Awww.

Fine, I guess I would be, um...um...um...

Oh! Ghat, from Zeno Clash. Because why the hell not.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Either Geralt of Rivia, Conan the Barbarian (Not a protagonist of any videogame I know of, but still features in AOC) or Sareth from Dark Messiah: Might and Magic

Von Dean

Feb 10, 2010
Vyse from Skies of Arcadia because we share the same "Never give up & Incredibly positive upbeat attitude" towards life,well I like to think so

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Queen of Ferelden? Grey Warden Commander? Smoking hot King for a husband? Yeah ... I'll take my main character from Dragon Age Origins. Life might be tough in Ferelden but things could be worse!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Either Samus Aran (Metroid), Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonis) of Fem!Shep (Mass Effect).

...Wait, is gender a factor in this?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I would be a god damn Ultramarine.

Ok, I'm starting to see my friend's point, it does sound like a slightly lighter shade of blue than navy. But on the other hand, jetpacks.

Xiroh86

Jan 7, 2012
I would have to say Nate Drake

He is the ultimate re-imagining of the ultimate modern American hero; Dr. Henry Jones Jr.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
I was going to say Link, but he is mute, and everyone thinks hes Homosexual for not scoring with Zelda or true form Midna. At least he shows interest in Zelda in Skyward Sword.

Okay what main character I would want to be with out crippling personality issues?

Thinks more, crap almost every one cool has major issues from Katos to Batman to Gordon Freeman

Wait thats it, I'll be Gordon Freeman.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Well, I've narrowed it down to four choices.

Jak: Jak & Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3

Jak or Link? Hmm... If I'm going to pick between pointy-eared young adventurers, I might as well go with the one that has a voice and two superpowered moral personifications. Jak and Link are pretty much on equal terms with skill sets, anyway. Bow and Sling vs Modular Gun. Sword vs some pretty crazy unarmed combat.
Ike: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

If I opt for swordsmanship from a Japanese game, it might as well be Ike's. He's been training a unique brand of swordsmanship with his father (a hero and retired general of legendary caliber) since he was a kid. It substitutes the usual package of grace, speed, and precision with a man's blend of raw power, speed, and precision. He uses heavy and immensely powerful blades with one arm. Don't ask me how he's capable of flicking a 20 pound sword ten feet in the air with his right hand, then leaping up to catch it at the zenith to bring it straight down and cleave an armored foe (not the one pictured, though) in two. I'm assuming its because he was never taught that such a feat wasn't possible.

Also, if it means I get to meet the Black Knight (yeah, that's the one pictured), then I'm all for it. Winner of the fictitious cool villain award for turn-based strategy two games in a row.
Kyle Katarn: Star Wars: Dark Forces, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Let's just put it this way. Star Wars fans equate Kyle Katarn to Jedi Chuck Norris. If you've had your fill of tired memes, then let me put it in a more tolerable way. In Jedi Academy, you do not play as Kyle. Instead, you play as a customize-your-appearance Jedi student, Jaden Korr. Jaden is Kyle's apprentice, and if you choose the light side, the final boss is the resurrection of a powerful millenia-old Sith Lord, Marka Ragnos.
If you choose the Dark Side, the boss is Kyle Katarn. For the light side, you kill the spirit and the cult that resurrects it. This is "victory". In the dark side ending, you cannot kill Kyle Katarn. "Victory" consists of fighting him long enough for an opportunity for escape to arise.

A sample of his many achievements: Kyle graduated from the Imperial Academy, defected, and single-handedly thwarted the Empire's "Dark Trooper" project before he became a Jedi. Where is your Luke now?

Of course, If I'm going to be any Star Wars protagonist, it would be...
Darth Revan: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
It's not often you get a bona-fide Sith Lord as a protagonist. Even then, the Sith part is optional. I'm going to go into spoilers, but chances are: you have either played Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic, or you haven't and don't plan on it. So...

Darth Revan is the best Sith Lord. Hands down.

He (although it could be a she) has gone through a handful of masters, one of which is Kreia, the wise old hag and big bad of Knights of the Old Republic II. He's learned much, he's been places most don't even know about, and he's probably learned more about the Force than anyone else. And that's before the events of the game occurred.

A short time before the game actually progresses, Darth Revan was kicking the collective backsides of the Republic with his scumbag apprentice, Darth Malak. Malak, being shortsighted, jealous, and jawless (presumably due to some disciplinary action by yours truly), decides on working towards his next promotion. The promotion itinerary for prospective Dark Lords of the Sith is as follows: Kill the old guy and take his title.

Since there's no way Malak can take Revan in a fair fight, he waits for the Jedi to step in. While Revan is busy fending off an elite strike team of Jedi on his flagship, Malak decides to shoot Revan's bridge with his vessel's BFGs. Somehow, he fails even at that, and the Jedi escape alive with the incapacitated man of the hour.

Jedi: 1
Malak: 1 (to be revoked for foul play)
Revan: 0

Revan, while unconscious, was brought to the Jedi Council. Fearing they couldn't set him free, but also not wanting to kill an unarmed prisoner, they decided to mentally re-program him. Thus, the Player Character is born! Light or Dark, blade or force powers, you have hidden knowledge of basically everything, so you're the fastest learner in anything. Within a month, you're back up to considerable strength without any recollection of who you were.

An amnesiac Sith Lord.
From here, you choose whether to live your Jedi persona or become a Sith Lord (again). Even without conscious recollection of your previous life's experiences and wisdom, you're still powerful enough to put Malak in his place.

Did I mention HK-47? Yeah, alongside being the best Sith Lord, you get to own the best droid in Star Wars history.

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
roxas from kingdom hearts 2 yes i know what you guys are going to say he isn't the end protagonist but he does have a pretty lengthy opening scene and he apperesat the end in a cut scene

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I'm my Nerevarine? Awesome, I can't age or die of disese. I can run faster than a horse, jump over buildings, leviatate, teleport, turn into a werewolf using a ring and i'm very skilled at fighting, magic, lockpicking and persuading people. I'm a Breton so people won't find anything odd about me. My Nerevarine was my Oblivion character so i'm also Sheogorath on top of everything else. This would be pretty cool.