if halo 3 came to ps3 would u buy it?

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
Inconsistently Inconsistent said:
Why wouldn't you? I own all 3 systems but if I didn't have a 360 and Bungie somehow got it to PS3, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Silly topic this one is.
silly?

u may think its silly but reading the replys there is a good despute about it.. even if most of it is killzone 2 v halo 3 and resistance 2 and LBP... well ive pretty much seen all exclusive on this thread so im not gona bother naming them all buy no means is it silly and u are the first one to say that
plus the added thing that it is 4 pages long..

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
If I had a PS3 and not a 360 I don't think I would do it. I would probably be playing CoD4

Psychosocial said:
I already have it, so no.

Anyways, do you really expect any of these angry PS3 fanboys to say yes? That would be like Poland saying I love Germany during WW2.
Win

/thread

Fightbulb

May 14, 2008
Breno said:
u may think its silly but reading the replys there is a good despute about it.. even if most of it is killzone 2 v halo 3 and resistance 2 and LBP... well ive pretty much seen all exclusive on this thread so im not gona bother naming them all buy no means is it silly and u are the first one to say that
I think you confused good with fucking retarded. Don't worry, it happens.

scarf1991

Dec 10, 2008
I would only want to play HALO for the online aspect as for me that's the funnest part of the game, so yeah I would consider buying it if it was released on PS3. Doesn't seem likely that it will happen in a month of Sunday's though.

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
Fightbulb said:
Breno said:
I think you confused good with fucking retarded. Don't worry, it happens.
i meant good as in big -_-

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
I wouldn't buy Halo 3 if it was offered to me for free with one million euro and a 90% stake in Microsoft. And a time machine.

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
TopHatTim said:
ok im going to qoute yahtzee on this one
"in short nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
Just like I wouldn't buy Madworld if it came out for PS3.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
By the time i stopped laughing the fanboy Imp inside me kicked in, I kicked harder, be thankful.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
No, I didn't buy either of the Halo games for PC when they came out and I see no reason to buy Halo 3 for either PS3 or PC if it was to be released. I think the statement why eat hamburger when you got steak comes to mind. Why would I want to play Halo at all on either console when I can play anyone of the hundreds of vastly better FPS's available for the PC?

Dec 29, 2008
Yes but only to turn it into shrapnel and mail it as a bomb to the company headquarters so it can some how qualify as ironic. Ok I kid no I wouldn't buy it Ive played a little Halo and I don't care for it.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
jthm said:
runtheplacered said:
Ps3 has a Halo 3 replacement already, I thought. Killzone 2.
Hahahahaha that's a good one. Sadly, Killzone 2 is no more a Halo 3 killer than Killzone 1 was the Halo Killer it was touted as back in the day. I really wish it had been, but it ain't.

That said, both systems have a Halo 3 killer. COD4
How is it not a replacement? They're both generic FPS's where you shoot things and they go boom. Oh, I see.. you thought I liked Killzone 2. No, not particularly. It's OK. Halo 3 is OK. But they're completely interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. You can nitpick about this or that, such as co-op or some other bullshit. But they really are replacements for each other. Killzone 2 is Guerrilla Games' response to the success of games like Halo. Halo is a response to games that were successful before it. So, when I say "replacement", I'm not saying it's a "halo-killer", whatever that even means. I mean, you can play one, or the other and it simply doesn't matter. Arguing about which is better is idiotic. If you like one, you'll definitely like the other. Gathering together in two separate camps is exactly what Microsoft and Guerrilla Games would love to have you do. They want you to play one and hate the other, even if there is no logic behind your reasoning. Advertising and marketing departments are geniuses.

You can be happy with your game. PS3 owners can be happy with their game. The overall total utility that can be garnered from that type of game is equal.

hannahdonno

Apr 5, 2009
Err. No, perhaps?

PS3 fanboys+Halo 3 fanboys=total carnage for me as I hate both.

I would have to retreat and live under a rock somewhere while they all looked for me with their pitchforks and flames on a stick chewing bits if hay.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Wargamer said:
Hmm, let's see...

Inferior graphics to Resistance 2.
Arguable. While there are rough patches, the textures and materials in Halo 3 are quite impressive.

Wargamer said:
Inferior weaponry balance to Resistance 2.
QTF? How are the weapons unbalanced? I have never encountered any problems with the weapons balance in Halo 3.

Wargamer said:
Inferior weaponry in general to Resistance 2.
Again arguable. Resistance 2 does have some impressive weaponry, but then again....that's the main draw of the game! Halo 3 has the standard fair of FPS games, and has some unique and interesting additions.[/quote]

Wargamer said:
Smaller games than Resistance 2.
Fair enough. Resistance had larger online matches. But then again, Xbox Live is MUCH busier than Playstation Online/Home. Trying to run so many matches of a larger size would cause hell for the servers; remember, Xbox Live has more than a handful of games online that people are playing.

Wargamer said:
VASTLY inferior single player mode to Resistance 2.
Definately arguable. The quality of game play, especially that of the single-player experience, is all obviously personal opinion.

Wargamer said:
No Class-based gameplay, unlike Resistance 2.
This isn't such a big deal. I prefer to look at it this way; Halo 3 has much more fluid gameplay, with players in co-op not forced into a specific class.

Wargamer said:
More bugs than Resistance 2.
I have played quite a bit of Halo 3, and have never really run into any bugs. Hell, I've barely encountered slowdown.

Wargamer said:
Less Character Customisation than Resistance 2.
Thank God, IMO. Halo 2 made the mistake of trying to make me give a crap about the Arbiter. Try and cram too many characters into a game, and it becomes one of the latest Sonic entries, or nothinf but fanservice like MGS4.

LordSpectreX

Mar 31, 2009
I hate how Halo 3 is the 360's 'super' exclusive game. Like how Super Mario Galaxy is the Wii's, or Metal Gear Solid 4/Killzone 2 is the PS3's.

Why can't it be Gears, Mass Effect or Left 4 Dead? Then we could be proud of it.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
If I had a PS3 and Halo 3 was availbe on it then I wouldn't make a special effort to attain or avoid it. I only got it on the 360 because I thought I might as well give it a try.

It was ok, nothing special. It wasn't either bad or good.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
they don't need it, they have plenty of other identical shooters

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Wargamer said:
Killzone 2 is a very different animal. It feels much more like Gears of War to me...
Odd, Killzone 2 struck me as a COD contender in the campaign and a hybrid TF2-Resistance 2 contender in multiplayer.

On topic, I probably wouldn't buy a years old game if it came out on the ps3. Especially one as poor as halo 3. (Bioshock is the exception to this rule)

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
LordSpectreX said:
I hate how Halo 3 is the 360's 'super' exclusive game. Like how Super Mario Galaxy is the Wii's, or Metal Gear Solid 4/Killzone 2 is the PS3's.

Why can't it be Gears, Mass Effect or Left 4 Dead? Then we could be proud of it.
Because the first Gears, Mass Effect, and L4D are all on the PC(and L4D is far better on the PC, thanks to steam). They are not exclusive. Gears 2 might be a better choice for super awesome exclusive, but Marcus just isn't as popular as Master Chief. They have to stick to their best known character for their 'super' exclusive, and that is Master Chief of halo.