If I do get a 3ds?

jacilon

Aug 8, 2011
I'm already planning on getting kid Icarus and Star fox (For multi player) for the 3ds. The thing is that I'm worried if I get a 3ds It might be a waste of money. Should I buy or not?

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I would really like to tell you to get one, but I really can't recommend it. There just aren't enough good games for it. There may be eventually, but right now there are only 5 games that I can think of that are any good for 3DS: Kid Icarus, Star Fox 64, Tales of the Abyss, Mario Kart 7 and Ocarina of Time. Considering the console has been out for a year, it's not that impressive.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
For me personally if I was basing it on the games available I'd buy a Vita. That's just personal preference obviously and some of the 3DS games look good. Mario 3D land Street Fighter for example.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Hazy992 said:
For me personally if I was basing it on the games available I'd buy a Vita. That's just personal preference obviously and some of the 3DS games look good. Mario 3D land Street Fighter for example.
Besides Uncharted, what other PSVita games are there?
Off the top of my head UMvC3, Blazblue, Wipeout, ModNation and Rayman Origins. Oh and Touch My Katamari and Dynasty Warriors if you're into them. Not to mention that Killzone, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter x Tekken will be out soon.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
Hazy992 said:
Hazy992 said:
Off the top of my head UMvC3, Blazblue, Wipeout, ModNation and Rayman Origins. Oh and Touch My Katamari and Dynasty Warriors if you're into them. Not to mention that Killzone, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter x Tekken will be out soon.
Already played Rayman Origins on my ps3, 360, and Wii. All Katamari and Dynasty Warriors games play the same, the latter of which is repetetive as hell. Fighting games are only fun with fightsticks or in arcades and killzone is the most bland shooter there is, besides the nice graphics it doesn't have anything going for it. I want a Vita, but until there are some worthwhile games, I don't see why to get it.yet. Again this is all just opinions on my point of view. And before you say "Sony hated" I love my PS3 and PS2.
Like I already said this was just my opinion

jacilon

Aug 8, 2011
Al right, thanks guys! I think if i do come across extra funds i think ill get it!

Hobohodo

Jun 20, 2011
Hazy992 said:

Yes, get a 3DS OP. There are plenty of games out now to justify the price and with Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatyrythm on the way, it certainly looks like a viable choice.
What games has the 3DS got? I'm not being biased, because I own a 3DS and not a Vita, but to be honest, neither have many good games, or actually, any games, so in my opinion, I'd go for the Vita, you can do allot more with it. It's on par games wise with the 3DS, but the Vita does have allot more going for it.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
How can you do more with it? It has far less actual games (don't mention the umpteen damn ports) that were actually developed as a new game for that specific console in mind. 3DS has quite a few great games:

Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
Four games? Is that it?

As well as things to do you have the Virtual Console
The Vita has PSP games and PSOne Classics

So does the Vita

Free Mii games
That's hardly a selling point

3D Video/Pictures.
Very few people actually care about 3D.

And what does the Vita Have...

Uncharted... thats it.
I already give you a list of games and you just dismissed them offhand. 'I don't like those games personally so Vita got no games!'

I don't even know if it can do anything extra.
Well it has better graphics than the 3DS, it's touchscreen is capacative not resistive like the 3DS (that technology was already outdated 5 years ago), the screen is gorgeous and it has apps.

The only thing I can think of is Trophies and while it would be nice, it isn't really all that much of an extra selling point.
Yeah fair point but the trophies are just there. They don't cost you anything so they're irrelevant anyway.

The console itself has a price-tag of at least 280 USD with the Memory Card.
Yeah OK that does seem high, but the 3DS cost $250 when that came out. The price will drop soon enough.

Hobohodo

Jun 20, 2011
Hobohodo said:
Hazy992 said:

Yes, get a 3DS OP. There are plenty of games out now to justify the price and with Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatyrythm on the way, it certainly looks like a viable choice.
What games has the 3DS got? I'm not being biased, because I own a 3DS and not a Vita, but to be honest, neither have many good games, or actually, any games, so in my opinion, I'd go for the Vita, you can do allot more with it. It's on par games wise with the 3DS, but the Vita does have allot more going for it.
How can you do more with it? It has far less actual games (don't mention the umpteen damn ports) that were actually developed as a new game for that specific console in mind. 3DS has quite a few great games:

Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Theatrythm: Final Fantasy

As well as things to do you have the Virtual Console, Netflix, Free Mii games, 3D Video/Pictures.

And what does the Vita Have...

Uncharted... thats it. I don't even know if it can do anything extra. The only thing I can think of is Trophies and while it would be nice, it isn't really all that much of an extra selling point. Maybe after a few months, but right now it is kind of worthless. The console itself has a price-tag of at least 280 USD with the Memory Card. It is expensive as hell with very little in terms of games or any sort of product.
...I do hope you're joking... Ports? The 3DS' main games have been ports, OOT, Star Fox, Rayman and probably a few more... I don't even know any ports on the Vita.
On top, the Vita can use apps, unlike the 3DS, and it's generally allot better. Apart from going into 3D, which can only be used for short bursts of times, the PSP vita, has the advantage of next gen graphics, and you can play it as long as you want. The games are also longer.
Plus, 3DS has hardly any free mii games, from my use, the Virtual Console, didn't you just complain about ports?

Sorry, I don't mean to cause an argument, but the 3DS doesn't have a leg to stand on. I'm not saying the Vita does either, but it certainly has the largest appeal currently. I would stear clear of both until they reach their prime.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I would wait, but if you do I highly recommend you pick up one of the Nyko battery expanders. Boosts the life from 2-3 hours to 9-10