If I were to buy a psp, what three games would you reccomend?

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
Loco-roco, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and Initial D: Street Stage (Jap only)

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
MGS Peace walker is my most favouritest game EVAR!
but you could just wait for the HD remake of that so...
Monster Hunter: freedom unite,
Dissidia: Duodecim and
God of War I suppose.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
saintdane05 said:
There are games for the PSP?
It's not 2006 anymore, stop trolling.

OT: I would reccomend MGS Peace Walker, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Some other good ones are Resistance Retribution, Daxter, Secret Agent Clank, Twisted Metal Head On, Final Fantasy Dissidia, and the God of War games.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
Psps are dirt cheap right now so what games would suggest?

Edit: not a big fan of jrpgs excluding the Tales Of series
I'd reccomend the Persona games yet they're JRPGs. Try the Star Ocean games, they may be JRPGs but they're made by the same people who made the Tales series.

Gitaroo Man if you like quirky music games.

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble is a 3D beat em up that is hilarious and fun, and a must have for any PSP owner.

Corpse Party is one of the best survival horrors I've played recently, it just came out last week and only available through the PSN store.

Littlebigplanet is just fun in a box.

I would not reccomend Monster Hunter as it's fanbase is one of the worse in fandom history.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
saintdane05 said:
jackpackage200 said:

There are no new games worth getting for PSP... arguably.

Check out the PSOne Classics collections, they are very suited to the PSP and have longer battery life and to be honest are STILL better than most new games for PSP... unless you freaking love jRPGs. And it seems you are not.

The 3D adventure/shooter games fail on PSP for the controls, no dual analogue.

Grab MGS1, Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider and download a bunch of them to your memory stick. Don't miss out on the best games of the best generation you (might) never have played.

EDIT: cept GoW games. Those are awesome.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Too many to list. I will just mention some that I can still remember.

1. Killzone Liberation
2. Siphon Filter Series
3. Jeanne D'arc
4. Disgaea 1/2
5. Dissidia 012 ( Get this instead of the first - it actually contains the first game too )
6. Monster Hunter Series ( Wait for #3 to be released in english ... unless you can read japanese, go for it)
7. Metal Gear Solid ( A lot of them, get Peace Walker)
8. Phantasy Star Portable 1/2
9. Patapon ( One of the most unique games to have ever graced a video game console )
10. Valkyria Chronicles
11. God of War series

If you like Gundam or Macross and don't care about playing a japanese game (a.k.a import)
1. Gundam vs Gundam next plus
2. Macross Triangle Frontier
3. Gundam Assault Survive

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite/3

Patapon 1/2/3

And, to go off-board a bit, Sid Meier's Pirates! (if you can find it)

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
saintdane05 said:
bluegate said:
saintdane05 said:
Ollybol8 said:
saintdane05 said:
Really? :(
Really. The only one I can think of is Battlefront 2 and Little Big Planet.
This is about all I can expect from someone with a Pony-Hatsune Miku avatar. :p

Get out there and look around, games a' plenty !
YOur right. I forgot to mention VIrtual Diva 1 and 2 (If you live in japan... luck bastards!)

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Burnout Legends, Gitaroo Man Lives, Tekken Dark Resurrection... only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Also check out the homebrew scene for it. Some fun stuff.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Dissida 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy (it also included a remade version of the first one so there's really no point in getting the first one) and Metal Gear AC!D 2 (because you fight 2 different Metal Gears, one of them isn't at the end)

ofcause you did say you wasn't a fan of JRPGs so insted of the 2 Final Fantasys i would suggest LittleBigPlanet and God of War

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Metal Slug Anthology is a must, one of the best run and gun game series ever created and you get them all in one.

Another would be Lumines and I can't really think of a third since I don't really use my psp much at the moment.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
LeonLethality said:
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is an amazing game, it's a game that rewards skill over button mashing. I don't know what genre to place it in, I think it's generally called the hunting genre for which it's pretty much the founder of. Look up some gameplay of it and see if you like it, I find it hard to describe.

Gods Eater Burst is another one I would tell you to get, it's pretty much Monster Hunter goes to anime, it's faster paced and a bit more forgiving but just as fun to me, it'd different enough from Monster Hunter to warrant getting it.

And the last is Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy, It's an amazing 3D fighter with a lot of RPG elements. It's based off Final Fantasy but it's not really a JRPG, as I said, 3D fighter.

I wanted to keep this post short so I didn't gush on about how the games are, look up some gameplay footage if you are interested in any of them.

Edit: as people have said, PS1 classics are an amazing thing as well, sure you can get them on the PS3 or PS1 but it's really cool to play like, Parasite Eve on the go. (on that note I also recommend 3rd Birthday!)
I second all of these. I haven't played Gods Eater Burst, but I've heard it's pretty fun. Monster Hunter has to be one of my favorite games of all time, so I'm a little biased... but it's just... awesome. If you're up for a challenge that will more than likely suck 200+ hours of your life away. I have around 200 hours where I am in Freedom Unite, and I'm only rank 4. Out of 9. >.>

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Patapon!
or Patapon 2
.... that's really all i can remember woning, though I have like 5... OH! Rachet and Clank isn't too bad if you're a fan of platformers.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
I almost cried when you specifically singles out that you don;t like the tales of series. Um, I don't think Monster Hunter is a JRPG but then again I'm not that great with genres.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
jackpackage200 said:

Ocarina of time 3D, MGS3DS (when it comes out), and animal crossing

You may notice, those are all DS games. THat's because you should buy a ds instead of a psp, because everything on the psp is either shit or much better on a real platform.

Andrew Mitchell

Oct 31, 2011
I used to play psp games, but then i took....it to gamestop to pay for bf3.

Before this though, i really enjoyed the gran turismo title, battlefront 2 is dated but still an amazing multiplayer shooter with a few players online at anytime. gta titles are also worth their weight in gold.

also... PATA PATA PATAPONNNN!!!

Lord RPGs

Jan 31, 2009
I'd say "Monster Hunter Freedom 2" (it's the one I have, alright), "Valkyria Chronicles" (be it 1 or 2), and "Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions". MHF2 is worryingly deep and intricate and quite amazing, VC has fantastic tactics, and FFT:WotL has (pretty much) everything that's good about Final Fantasy, converted into a not-JRPG format so you can actually enjoy it. Seriously, the Tactics series I like better than the main FF games.