If It Ever Happens, How Should Kingdom Hearts Implement Star Wars and Marvel?

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
Although it looks very unlikely that Kingdom Hearts will implement either massive franchise in the near future, they have begun to draw from the well of Pixar films in their upcoming installment and despite the excitement at the prospect of seeing SpiderMan or Darth Vader interacting with a key blade wielding protagonist, the question of how these universes will be integrated into KH has rarely been asked. Both the Marvel and Star Wars universes, much like KH, already have a fair bit of world exploration (and are just massive in comparison to most other Disney franchises) themselves so perhaps having only having set location to interact with these characters would do a disservice to their franchises. Should characters known for space exploration like the Guardians or Thor or Luke still be so limited we can only find them in one set world?

This actually gave me an admittedly comical idea of not even using any worlds from SW or Marvel and instead having A New Hope or Infinity War retold within KH only using preestablished Disney Worlds. An example being using Agrabah for events on Tatooine. Funny idea, but Im fairly certain it would not be implemented that way.

If I had to wager a guess, I?d think implementing 2-3 Star Wars worlds would work per future game like Episode 4 being told only using Tatooine and the Death Star. Same may apply with Marvel films taking place outside of Earth like Guardians having Knowhere and Nova Prime.

Theres also the possibility of not using either franchise due to these and many other problems that might be brought up if using the franchises, but I am hopeful that the video game series will utilize these characters and settings once the Xehanort saga has run its course.

So what are your thoughts? Which films, shows, comics, worlds, characters, stories, etc from these universes would work for a future KH story? Should they try using original trilogy or prequel Star Wars films first or jump in with the new trilogy? If using the MCU as a guide, where in each heroes? story should we meet them?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Same way Rey and Finn were written into Star Wars - make Sora, Donald and Goofy bump into all the preestablished characters, instantly befriend them and best them at what they do and then fight the baddies. Something about believing in yourself.

With MCU uuuuuuh aliens. Sora, Donald and Goofy bump into whoever can do a passable RDJ impression for 1000% less muns and then they fight aliens or robots or whatever. Something about teamwork.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I am more excited about the Pirates 3: At World's End level then anything Marvel and Star Wars:

Oh man if they actually do the Maelstrom part, that is gonna be so sick:

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I would give my left leg for Star Wars to get into the Kingdom Hearts universe, because Star Wars' "Light Side/Dark Side" themes would fit into Kingdom Heart's own Light and Darkness themes pretty much seamlessly. Oh, and Sora proceeding to kick Vader and then probably Emperor Palpatine's butt would be awesome.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Same way Rey and Finn were written into Star Wars - make Sora, Donald and Goofy bump into all the preestablished characters, instantly befriend them and best them at what they do and then fight the baddies. Something about believing in yourself.
Aside from the fact that Rey and Finn took plenty of lumps to get to be able to supplant the OT characters I agree that this is probably what would happen with Sora and company. I've never liked Sora because he's a generic "All Loving Hero" protagonist that quickly grew massively overpowered and overshadowed all the Disney main protagonists like some badly written self insert Marty Sue character. I've liked all the other protagonists much more because while they do grow overpowered and overshadow the main Disney characters as well, they have their own issues, are just much better written as characters in general, and they seem to do a lot and suffer much more to earn their overpowered status than Sora ever did.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Probably they should implement their best movies. They already implemented Tron in a spin-off, unfortunately they chose the second movie, so that's how they should not do it.

Feb 26, 2014
Since Star Wars is already a planet hopping space odyssey, I think it'd be fun for the Star Wars segments to be kind of like 100 Acre Woods. So the story would be that the Star Wars world shattered into multiple pieces scattered all over the map. As the story progresses the pieces will appear on the map as wormholes or something of the like. Going through them allows Sora to do part of the Star Wars movie (Whichever they decide to do) and Sora closes the whole, repairing a piece of the shattered world. When the world is repaired Sora and gang learn that they've been manipulated into repairing the Death Star instead, which Vader (Or more appropriately Palpatine depending on how they want to do it) intends to use to destroy the other worlds. Sora and gang have a big ol' two part boss fight (Space and land) and destroy the Deathstar. Sora technically fails to save a world and Luke and co. go on try and repair their world and defeat Vader (Who got away). Episode 5 would involve actually repairing and saving Star Land, and 6 would be the final battle and defeat of Vader/Palpatine.

Marvel would be like any other world. It'd be set in what is hopefully a living breathing New York and have 1-3 marvel characters to fight alongside (Spider-Man, Captain America, and Iron Man most likely.)

immortalfrieza said:
I would give my left leg for Star Wars to get into the Kingdom Hearts universe, because Star Wars' "Light Side/Dark Side" themes would fit into Kingdom Heart's own Light and Darkness themes pretty much seamlessly. Oh, and Sora proceeding to kick Vader and then probably Emperor Palpatine's butt would be awesome.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Aside from the fact that Rey and Finn took plenty of lumps to get to be able to supplant the OT characters I agree that this is probably what would happen with Sora and company. I've never liked Sora because he's a generic "All Loving Hero" protagonist that quickly grew massively overpowered and overshadowed all the Disney main protagonists like some badly written self insert Marty Sue character. I've liked all the other protagonists much more because while they do grow overpowered and overshadow the main Disney characters as well, they have their own issues, are just much better written as characters in general, and they seem to do a lot and suffer much more to earn their overpowered status than Sora ever did.
Yeah, the main MC of most games tend to be subpar, but I like Sora. I think the greatest conflict comes from the fact that Sora is the typical Shounen MC following a lot of shounen tropes and powers. I wouldn't say Sora is a Mary Sue, though. He's not quite good enough at other things for that. He's good at magic, he's incredibly acrobatic, and he can swinging his sword and... that's it. He's all offense, very little defense, and not much in the brains department. I also don't remember Sora besting any Disney characters at what they're good at. He played Sparrow, I think? And that's it.

Jan 18, 2012
I did think up two ways that they could introduce Marvel into the mix. The first being when Sora and co go to Olympus they see that Hercules is in training for a special match. Against who, you may ask? Why none other than the God of Thunder himself in Asgard's arena. They're taken up to Asgard via The Bifrost and have to contend with a scheme by Hades and Loki/Malaketh/Hela. Afterwords, that is where the Colosseum level would be, except Norse themed Heartless and bosses pulled from Thor's supporting cast and rogue's gallery.

The other way would be more straight forward. Just have the Battle of New York from The Avengers, except Loki summons in an army of Heartless instead of the Chutauri.