If it rained in RL as much as it does in Witcher 3...

Apr 5, 2008
Dizchu said:
Yeah come to the UK and say that the amount of rain in The Witcher 3 is "unrealistic".
Quoting for truth. It can rain here for days at a time. And not even great, torrential rain, but crappy "I really can't be bothered to rain but will anyway" rain.
Terminalchaos said:
In drought-ridden California, we would take a few years of those torrents. Can CD Projekt work on our weather for a bit?
Oh no, how horrible all that sunshine, sandy beaches, palm trees and beautiful women must be! However do you all manage there? My heart bleeds pity.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I live in Florida, and we tend to get rain near as much as it rains in Witcher 3. Thunderstorms no less. So yeah it can rain fairly often and not drown the landmasses. There's something called runoff, groundwater... I think the OP has very little understanding of how the water table works.

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
Seneschal said:
I don't mind it at all, it makes every ride through the countryside look very dramatic.
I wouldn't mind it so much if he had rain gear or a poncho or umbrella or something, but Geralt doesn't even have a hood or anything. He looks f-in' miserable. And it starts making ME feel miserable. So I always send him to the nearest inn or other building and rest until it's sunny again. Besides, he's Geralt of freaking Rivia. Not some poor, homeless, drowned gutter rat. The monsters can wait. He's not getting out in that crap.

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Bobular said:
... you're probably in north England.
Dizchu said:
Yeah come to the UK and say that the amount of rain in The Witcher 3 is "unrealistic".
The Artificially Prolonged said:
I from the UK. We called Velen weather summertime.
elvor0 said:
You'd be living in Devon.
These^

Seriously, the accents and scenery from TW series are clearly heavily based on medival England, and in England it rains. A LOT.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
KingsGambit said:
Terminalchaos said:
In drought-ridden California, we would take a few years of those torrents. Can CD Projekt work on our weather for a bit?
Oh no, how horrible all that sunshine, sandy beaches, palm trees and beautiful women must be! However do you all manage there? My heart bleeds pity.
Compared to Florida, which has all of that plus ample rain, though...

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Haha, you have obviously never visited northern europe. Rain like in the witcher would be a sunny time for us.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Southern Sweden here and the rain in the Witcher seems pretty much average for this latitude, which also coincides roughly the latitude of Northern Poland, upon which the Novigrad/Velen shoreline seems to be based in terms of vegetation and climate.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
...that's nice?

If my sport teams won in real life as they do in my video games, my Vikings and Wild would win every year. The Timberwolves probably would too if basketball wasn't super boring so I don't play it.
Ironically, basketball currently has a player that can ball in real life better than a video game character. <.<

Seriously, he routinely makes shots that you'd be accused of hacking if you made them in a video game. And this doesn't even look at all the other shit he does, which really push it over to "Bullshit!" territory. :(

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Just remembered this thread after the past week in England. What we had now, something like 7 days of solid rain?

TW3 seems quite conservative compared to real life!

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
jurnag12 said:
Yeah. Dutchman here, fecking Witcher 3's a breeze compared to our autumns and springs.
Is it really? I know complaining about the wheather is a Dutch national sport (we do compete in this sport with nearby countries such as England), but it actually doesn't rain that much here. There are places where two weaks of rain season lands more mm of water on the ground than a year does here. The wheather in the Netherlands is mostly just dull. Sure, it rains regularly, but ussually not very long or very hard. Cloudy with a bit of rain is far more normal than an actual day of rain. It is almost never really cold and never really hot. As far as I can compare wheather conditions in the Netherlands are really very moderate.

In any case, I don't know how much rain there is in Witcher 3 but as other people said, there are places where there is a lot of rain. Maybe if you live in Arizona or Spain or Egypt you are used to a very dry climate and regular rain surprises you but in some places, nearly daily rain is the norm.