If Midichlorians are organisms in the blood then...

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Bouncing Ferret FIlm said:
So Midichlorians are the "reason" that jedi's have their power... oooookay.

Well if that's the case then you could do this

...Or could you.
You could, but it'd also lead to toxins being developed to neutralize the little buggers. Imagine it, some Jedi master who's spent decades of their life in training and meditation in order to hone their powers, only to be caught by a random gas grenade, throwing all that hard work out the window. Almost makes the choice to wield a sword in a ranged battle situation seem a little silly........

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
I don't think so O.P. I always handwaved the midichlorian(s) as being microbes that are just attracted to people who are force sensitive. Now yes, midichlorians are one of the stupider things in the prequels but I understand why they were invented. They were invented as an easy way (albeit a very stupid way) to apply an in-universe power level to people's potential skill with the force and skip over a half hour or more of people asking Qui-Gon how he knows Anakin is the Chosen One.

Damn. I was ninja'd.

Oct 9, 2009
xdom125x said:
I don't think so O.P. I always handwaved the midichlorian(s) as being microbes that are just attracted to people who are force sensitive. Now yes, midichlorians are one of the stupider things in the prequels but I understand why they were invented. They were invented as an easy way (albeit a very stupid way) to apply an in-universe power level to people's potential skill with the force and skip over a half hour or more of people asking Qui-Gon how he knows Anakin is the Chosen One.

Damn. I was ninja'd.
A new hope tackled the SAME PROBLEM

"The force is STRONG with this one"

Thats it. that's all we needed. What, qui-gon couldn't tell that "the force" wasn't STRONG with anakine?

Also, EVERYONE somehow KNEW what Luke's "Destiny" was. Never needed a prophecy or a blood test.

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011
This game...

... is the only one that has the right to use midichlorians as a "checkovs-gun" and plot hook.

[spoiler =also...]
[/spoiler]

I just don't buy it, that a organism in the cell structure gives one powers, (it would be nice though).

May 5, 2010
Suicidejim said:
I was going to make some witty Star Wars comment, but IS THAT DOCTOR WHO MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND? :D
I FUCKING KNOW!!!! I was starting to think I was the only one who noticed. As for Star Wars, I don't care. But this topic has no purpose anyway, and will probably be locked long before I can click post.

EDIT: Whoops.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
rhizhim said:
i use the valley of the jedi.

but you probably never head of it...
go and play Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast
Pffft, Jedi Outcast. Try Jedi Knight. Came out way earlier and had actual live actors.

(now to wait for someone to one-up me and mention the original Dark Forces)

Back on-topic, I've always thought the Jedi had it bass-ackwards. Midichlorians don't create the Force, they're merely a biological by-product of its influence.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
gigastrike said:
It would probably have to go with some anti-rejection drugs, but it might be possible.
Is it really that far-fetched though? This is a futuristic science fiction series. I'm sure any drug, technology, nanotechnology that would of allowed synthetic force powers would have been made, used and perfected already. And by already, i'm talking about before the first film was set, definitely.

If they can exceed the speed of light, and build battle stations the size of planets, i'm pretty sure some military firm in the galaxy could invest in injecting some bacteria into you, AND make your body accept it.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Everything in star wars is bullshit and this is too much for you? some statistic that just indicates whether or not you could use the force.

How bout the fucking explosions in space?