If Nintendo built an actual Nintendo-themed amusement park, what would you like to see in it?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Okay, I kept hearing only good things about one of the Wii U's first games, Nintendo Land, which was a game set in a Nintendo-themed amusement park where you played the mini-games based on Nintendo's various game franchises.

And whether you consider the game good or not, I think this does obvious raise an interesting idea; what if Nintendo decided to build a real life theme park based on the games and characters they created?

What kind of rides or attractions do you think you'd like to see?

Here are afew things I have in mind;

1) F-Zero G-Force

One thing I have in mind is placed an F-Zero themed motion simulator, which, if done correctly, could give out a very close simulation on what it would be like to ride in an F-Zero racer, from the super-high speed to the intense turns and maneuvers, making such a ride I think might be difficult, but not impossible.

2) Metroid: Wrath of Ridley

The ride will consist of 4 different colored 1-seated pod, And each pod will have one mounted light cannon of the same color as the pod that the rider will be manning

These pods would ride sideways in a circular track, constantly facing a huge animatronic Ridley, who throughout the ride would be seen constantly either turning, moving his arms, flapping his wings, and opening his mouth and projecting an orange light to pretend he's shooting fire blasts.

The objective involved in the ride is to aim your light cannon and fire at Ridley as many times as you can until the ride is over.

The ride could go on for around 3 minutes until the Ridley animatronic gives a dying shriek to declare he has been defeated.

When the ride ends, Samus Aran will be heard from a pre-recording on a loudspeaker, she will congradulate the riders for defeating Ridley, declaring them honorary bounty hunters and that she will 'See you next mission'.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Hah, yeah that'd be pretty cool I think. That kind of stuff would never end up in my country, so I'd have to travel to get to it.

But I'd use the shit out of a giant Super Mario bouncy-castle-maze.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Kirby Petting Zoo. That is worth the price of admission by itself!

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A space mountain style roller coaster ride based on star fox.

It would be great, you could have the whole thing in a large darkened room to simulate space, on a black track and have the roller coaster look like it's dodging asteroids and enemy ships by a hair's breadth, with an ending culminating in circling around a big boss monster at incredibly high speed, with a shooting laser sound happening every time you pass by one of his glowing weak points.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Anoni Mus said:
Why haven't Nintendo done this? They have millions around, it's a nice investment.
They're too busy printing money on the 3Ds and then losing that money on the WiiU to worry about theme parks.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Caiphus said:
Hah, yeah that'd be pretty cool I think. That kind of stuff would never end up in my country, so I'd have to travel to get to it.

But I'd use the shit out of a giant Super Mario bouncy-castle-maze.
Yeah, that would be cool.

though another Mario-related attraction that could work might be a Mario obstacle course, where you get run, jump across gaps, maybe even have a part where you get to jump on mini trampolines attached to a wall at angle to imitate Mario's wall jump technique.

Also, you know that Yoshi carousel from Super Mario Sunshine? I don't think any Nintendo theme park would be complete without one.

2HF

May 24, 2011
A recreation of the first level from the first Super Mario game. You would wear a harness to assist with high jumping. Bitchin

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Someone's never been to the PokePark [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9park]

But yeah, an actual Nintendo amusement park would be fun. I guess it would only be in Japan though.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Eternal Darkness themed haunted house. You know you're gonna shit yourself with the ways they'll fuck with your mind.

I know it's not exactly Nintendo based, but you know it would be a lot better than other haunted housing, even in places like Disneyland.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
Anoni Mus said:
Why haven't Nintendo done this? They have millions around, it's a nice investment.
They're too busy printing money on the 3Ds and the losing that money on the WiiU to worry about theme parks.
I see what you did there:

Seriously, they have a shit ton of money to NOT do anything for years.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
Quite frankly, with Nintendo being one of the most visible faces of the videogame industry (especially, and most importantly, to the casual market), I could well see a Nintendo themepark doing as well, if not better than disneyworld/land.

As for actual content within the park:

Super Mario obstacle course: run, climb and of course jump your way to the castle to save the princess! I imagine it working like a condensed version of World 1 (ie, grassy, blue sky 'classic' Mario) with a small castle section at the end. Since I imagine this one being largely for the kids, you could have an actress at the end dressed as Princess Peach congratulate them personally.

Star Fox roller-coaster: as above, but with Peppy shouting 'Do a barrel roll!' just before you... well, I'm sure you can see what's coming.

Metroid Laser Tag: Rather than a conventional laser tag gun, participants are given an arm cannon, and can do basic arm cannon attacks (tap the trigger for the power beam, hold for the charge beam, etc). Around the arena, there would be various powerups meant to be moderately hard to find, such as ice beam, missiles, etc etc. The arena would be significantly larger than normal, to give the Metroid feel of exploring and finding powerups, with the actual shooting being highlights, rather than the core component. Obviously, this is a pretty experimental idea, but then Metroid wasn't afraid to mix up it's own formula either.

Legend of Zelda Dungeon/Temple: funhouse/team puzzle hybrid. Loosely based on the format of a Zelda dungeon, you'd go in with a group of 4 (maybe give people coloured hats, a la four swords adventures) where you would solve various puzzles to get through. The main problem with this is the queueing times would be a nightmare to sort out, whilst you wait for "the worlds thickest family" to make it out of the first room.

Pokemon: Saffron City: Not so much a ride as an area, this would be a loose replica of Saffron city from the Gen 1 games. A patron could buy pokemon merchandise at the pokemart, and get food at the pokemon centre. Pokemon tower could be spliced in from Lavender town as a ghost train. T round it all off, a patron could bring their DS and battle at the Gym for prizes (event pokemon, exclusive merchandise, etc).

Earthbound area: only at the Japan NintendoLand.

I imagine the park being zoned by franchise, with each area having their own themed concessions, small stands(Kirby's Eatery, a test your strength with the megaton hammer), etc.

In the middle of the park, there's a Smash Bros area, with a stage where Smash Bros performances would take place.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
There needs to be a roller coaster based on that one level in NSMBU. Super-fast bone-dragon coaster in the dark with only one light to light your way.

Swoopers and lava are optional.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
TizzytheTormentor said:
A Waluigi running around intentionally annoying everyone.
Actually, I think another cool thing they could do is set up something if a 'Where Waldo'-esique minigame where an actor playing Waluigi will hide somewhere at a random part of the park just minutes before the park opens, and the first visitor to find Waluigi would be rewarded with a coupon for a free snack or meal from any restaurant or concession stand in the Nintendo Theme park.

Also, forget the Sleeping Beauty castle from Disneyland, Nintendo's theme park could have 4, count 'em, 4 castles!

the first would be Princess Peach's Castle, a mostly girly-themed castle designed to essentially give visitors a semi royal welcome, the castle could come with a complete Royal spa with all features included, from messages, hot tubs, facials, all that good stuff. As well as Royal Cafe that serves various Mario-themed meals, included real-life imitations of Tayce T and Zess T's different recipes. And a Royal gift shop that sell different Mario-themed souvenirs, including all the various versions of the dresses that Princess Peach, Princess Daisy, and even Rosalina have worn throughout the entire franchise.

The second would be Bowser's Castle, which in contrast, could serve as a dark ride where visitors go on ride vehicles where they're greeted by an animatronic Bowser, who throughout the ride personally gives a guided tour of his Castle, showing animatronic versions of his minions and thing's they'd do when they're not fighting Mario. And like the Silverwood ride Tremors, the Bowser's Castle ride can end with the visitors exiting through a gift shop that sells different plushies and toys based on Bowser, his minions, and all the other different Mario villains.

The third would be King Dedede's Castle could serve as an area suits for very young children, possessing various Kirby-themed rides, attractions, and games for the little ones, the castle could also serve as a 'Lost Children' center where any kids who got lost or separated from their parents can be taken there where they can be safely watched over by park employees and can enjoy hanging around a fun and safe environment while they wait for their parents to find them here.

the fourth would be Hyrule Castle, which actually could serve as a theater of sorts, where visitors can sit and watch things like a live orchestra playing different Nintendo theme music, a Hylian magician performing magic acts, those sort of things.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Entire stores based around a certain series, you would have the huge Mario store, Pokemon store, Zelda store, Kirby store etc. A cool draw would be that you could buy new Nintendo games a week or two they are released to the public. Maybe a retro store with a bunch of older games you can buy.

Great moments with Mr. Miyamoto, who wouldn't want an animatronic Miyamoto talking to you? Of course for an english version, you need an animatronic Bill Trinen to translate.

Not only do you need costumed mascots, but they have to have many men trained to dress and act like Reggie, convincing visitors why they should buy Nintendo products.

A Shadow Temple themed haunted house would be awesome, animatronic redeads and gibdos with motion sensors to follow you around.

An interactive Pokemon battle game with holograms for visitors to battle each other.

A music theater for playing many old and new Nintendo tunes.

A whole bunch of "dark rides" for every big Nintendo franchise, including a blaster game themed off of Star Fox.

Kirby's Eat n' Greet restaurant, some dishes are themed around Kirby enemies so that you too can eat the same creatures Kirby does.

I could go on for a while, seriously Nintendo, you'd make lots of money doing this.