If someone is a post-op transsexual, are they obligated to tell the person they are pursuing/dating?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
I made an argument for how they are not misleading you. You failed to address it. So nope, you're still wrong on that.

LOL. Wow. That mentality. Hilarious. I won't admit I'm wrong when you clearly are. But then I don't expect much from you given what I've seen before.
You made a rather poor attempt
And yet you failed to refute anything, never once addressing gender identity.

again with the personal attacks.
Again with lying.
What is there to address? How is that relevant to them not telling me they have gender identity issues and that they had surgery?

you keep making insults about my intelligence/mentality, which is a personal attack.
There is nothing misleading about it. You claimed they were misleading.

I said nothing of your intelligence right there. I am free to make comments about the mentality that says I should just give up because you think you're right. Sorry, positions you put forth are free game to criticize.
If they make me think they are cis-women, they are misleading me.
They aren't making you think anything of the sort. You're jumping to conclusions on appearance. Appearance says they're either women or not, not their history as cis or trans. Your own issue, don't blame others.

your comments come off as personal attacks.
Then stop being over sensitive?
I'm "jumping to the conclusion" that they paid a surgeon for. They are misleading people when they don't tell dates that their mtf.
Nope, they didn't pay a surgeon to make you think things about their past. They mislead no one. You're making stupid assumptions about their motives again. Mind ever backing those up?

Then stop with the personal insults.
That aren't there? What a silly request.
they paid a surgeon to look like a cis-women, hence I jump to the conclusion that based on their appearance, they are a women.

they are there.
Nope, they pay to look like women. Not cisgender, that has nothing to do with it. And you conclude correctly they are women. However you make the stupid assumption that they must be cis. Your problem. Easy solution: Don't make that assumption if you care so much. But no, you'd prefer the lazy route.

Nope.
Not the lazy route, I go by instinct. I am mislead because they look like cis-woman.

yep, you did it in this very post.
Lazy route, you know they might not be. But instead of not making stupid assumptions you want them to inform you. Instead of informing them you care you want them to assume.

Nope. Calling your assumption stupid isn't a personal insult, calling your methodology lazy isn't either. Stop being so sensitive.
They are if they are trying to date/have sex with me and I have no idea their not a cis-woman.

I will stop being sensitive when you stop with the personal insults.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
I made an argument for how they are not misleading you. You failed to address it. So nope, you're still wrong on that.

LOL. Wow. That mentality. Hilarious. I won't admit I'm wrong when you clearly are. But then I don't expect much from you given what I've seen before.

Again with lying.
What is there to address? How is that relevant to them not telling me they have gender identity issues and that they had surgery?

you keep making insults about my intelligence/mentality, which is a personal attack.

I said nothing of your intelligence right there. I am free to make comments about the mentality that says I should just give up because you think you're right. Sorry, positions you put forth are free game to criticize.
They aren't making you think anything of the sort. You're jumping to conclusions on appearance. Appearance says they're either women or not, not their history as cis or trans. Your own issue, don't blame others.

I'm "jumping to the conclusion" that they paid a surgeon for. They are misleading people when they don't tell dates that their mtf.
Nope, they didn't pay a surgeon to make you think things about their past. They mislead no one. You're making stupid assumptions about their motives again. Mind ever backing those up?

they paid a surgeon to look like a cis-women, hence I jump to the conclusion that based on their appearance, they are a women.

they are there.
Nope, they pay to look like women. Not cisgender, that has nothing to do with it. And you conclude correctly they are women. However you make the stupid assumption that they must be cis. Your problem. Easy solution: Don't make that assumption if you care so much. But no, you'd prefer the lazy route.

Nope.
Not the lazy route, I go by instinct. I am mislead because they look like cis-woman.

Lazy route, you know they might not be. But instead of not making stupid assumptions you want them to inform you. Instead of informing them you care you want them to assume.

Nope. Calling your assumption stupid isn't a personal insult, calling your methodology lazy isn't either. Stop being so sensitive.
They are if they are trying to date/have sex with me and I have no idea their not a cis-woman.

Nope, you personally being there is meaningless unless you directly told them you wouldn't date a transsexual.

I pointed out there were none. Did you miss that obvious bit?
Which I would tell them if I thought they were a mtf.

I pointed out how you were going after my intelligence with your comments.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

Again with lying.

they are there.

Nope.

Nope, you personally being there is meaningless unless you directly told them you wouldn't date a transsexual.

And they probably wouldn't date you if you just told them upfront. Sorry, if you're the one with the potential issues with them you should speak up. Anything else is lazy.

You said I was. I pointed out I wasn't. Your point?
and I would tell them if I thought they were a mtf. Otherwise they should tell me.

My point is that your ignoring the fact that you were making personal insults directed towards me.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

Again with lying.

they are there.

Nope.

And they probably wouldn't date you if you just told them upfront. Sorry, if you're the one with the potential issues with them you should speak up. Anything else is lazy.

and I would tell them if I thought they were a mtf. Otherwise they should tell me.
And they wouldn't date you if they thought you were so anti-trans. Otherwise you should tell them.

My point is that your ignoring the fact that you were making personal insults directed towards me.
Oh that old thing that you never substantiated?
I would gladly tell them if I thought they were mtf. Otherwise they should tell me their mtf if I don't know.

You know what I'm referring to.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

Again with lying.

they are there.

Nope.

And they wouldn't date you if they thought you were so anti-trans. Otherwise you should tell them.

I would gladly tell them if I thought they were mtf. Otherwise they should tell me their mtf if I don't know.
Nope, you should have to tell them you care first. Otherwise you're expecting them to make assumptions about ALL people because you're too lazy to inform them. Sorry, you're not entitled to that.

Your imagination it sounds like.
I'm in the majority(see:people that care), so it's reasonable for them to assume that I care.

nope, the personal attacks on my intelligence.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

Again with lying.

they are there.

Nope.

Nope, you should have to tell them you care first. Otherwise you're expecting them to make assumptions about ALL people because you're too lazy to inform them. Sorry, you're not entitled to that.

I'm in the majority(see:people that care), so it's reasonable for them to assume that I care.

They shouldn't have to assume that you care. You should tell them. You being in the majority doesn't make it any less entitled or lazy. Or selfish since it ignores that they may have other reasons to not want to tell people immediately. But nope, you ignore those because you're too lazy to say anything.

Oh the ones you imagined and never substantiated? Imagining such things isn't my concern, I'm sure there are people out there that care.
You made a comment that they would have to assume that all people felt the same way as me, so I responded by saying that most people do feel the same way.

there you go again, calling me names.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

Again with lying.

they are there.

Nope.

They shouldn't have to assume that you care. You should tell them. You being in the majority doesn't make it any less entitled or lazy. Or selfish since it ignores that they may have other reasons to not want to tell people immediately. But nope, you ignore those because you're too lazy to say anything.

Oh the ones you imagined and never substantiated? Imagining such things isn't my concern, I'm sure there are people out there that care.
You made a comment that they would have to assume that all people felt the same way as me, so I responded by saying that most people do feel the same way.
But not all people do. You don't even have numbers on how many do or do not. That also nicely fails to refute anything I said. How delightfully expected.

Lazy? Selfish? Entitled? Those are about your position. Btw, those aren't names.
look on this thread to see that most people would want to know, granted they might still date the transsexual but they want to know.

and your using them as insults.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

Again with lying.

they are there.

Nope.

But not all people do. You don't even have numbers on how many do or do not. That also nicely fails to refute anything I said. How delightfully expected.

Lazy? Selfish? Entitled? Those are about your position. Btw, those aren't names.
look on this thread to see that most people would want to know, granted they might still date the transsexual but they want to know.
The second they meet in a bar like your selfish standard? Not that I noticed. Because that's what I'm arguing against, not arguing for never telling. Also that still does not give any kind of reasonable proportion to guess at. Most goes from 51% to 100% and there's quite a difference between those two extremes of most.

Criticisms. Reasons why the way you're acting is wrong. Don't like it? Don't give out your opinion if you don't want it criticized.
not the very second we meet, but before I leave a bar with them for a one night stand, or before/during the first date.

call it what you like, they come off as personal attacks.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Volf said:
Mortai Gravesend said:

Again with lying.

they are there.

Nope.

The second they meet in a bar like your selfish standard? Not that I noticed. Because that's what I'm arguing against, not arguing for never telling. Also that still does not give any kind of reasonable proportion to guess at. Most goes from 51% to 100% and there's quite a difference between those two extremes of most.

Criticisms. Reasons why the way you're acting is wrong. Don't like it? Don't give out your opinion if you don't want it criticized.
not the very second we meet, but before I leave a bar with them for a one night stand, or before/during the first date.
If you're gonna have a one night stand, that's your problem for not getting to know them.

First date? Nope, you aren't owed such a detailed history.

call it what you like, they come off as personal attacks.
I don't particularly care what they come off as to you.
Yep, I have a right to choose if I want to date/have sex with a transsexual

I don't care that you don't care. They come off as personal attacks.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Volf said:
They are the one with the secret, they are the one that is misleading me.

I'm not asking you to stop replying, just to admit your wrong.
Mortai Gravesend said:

Will you two stop it please.

Normally when a stalemate is reached in real life people agree to disagree, this is not admitting defeat, you just have opposing opinions and you'll never see eye to eye on the subject.

Volf doesn't want to socialise with transgender's then that's his prerogative, its not against the law to not want to be with a group you don't like or feel comfortable with, I stay away from those mother baby groups myself.

You two aren't arguing your cases anymore, your just going;
"no you admit your wrong!"
"no you admit your wrong!"
You sound like an old couple to be honest.

OT, my view is that I really don't mind, its up to the person in question if they feel the need to tell me, in fact I have a few transgender friends and they all told me themselves about it, I guess because I'm easy going so I wont prejudice them, I'm actually honoured that someone is comfortable enough with me to be that honest.