If Tetris had a story what would it be?

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
The year is 40XX, and the galaxy is in turmoil. The evil renegade SKUM fleets have all but completely overtaken the outer-rim worlds of the galaxy, and it's up to the Galactic Navy to keep the peace of the inner worlds. While on duty, your ship is attacked by SKUM scout ships, with heavy cruisers already jumping in to take over the world that your ship has been assigned to protect. The odds are stacked against you, and the best you can hope for is to stall for time long enough for the evacuation pods on the planets surface to load up, leave orbit and jump to other systems before the SKUM fleet closes in to raze the planet for resources. As your ships chief engineer, it's your job to load up the Energy Blocks into the ships engines to maintain shields and keep the lasers firing. When the Energy Blocks are loaded up properly (in a straight line with no gaps), they'll vaporize and transfer their energy to the ship. The Automated Block Dispenser System installed on the ship will feed in blocks faster and faster as the ship comes under heavier fire to allow for you to keep the ship appropriately energized. However, if the Energy Blocks reach the ceiling of the loading area, the sudden compression on all of the Energy Blocks at once will cause a catastrophic release of energy that will completely annihilate the ship and everyone in it. It's up to you soldier, give those people time to escape!

Parivir

Jul 20, 2009
Nudu said:
Tetris is a metaphor for life. In the beginning it's easy. You just flow through the early stages and can't wait to get to the part where the real challenge begins. Then the blocks get a little faster. You gotta focus, but it's still nothing you can't handle. Then the blocks start to speed up. You get some holes here and there and it's getting pretty tense, but you can still keep going. Then it goes crazy. You're losing blocks left and right, the music plays faster and faster, there are holes everywhere and you can see your tower coming closer and closer to the roof, but you keep pushing a little further and use the last of your abilities to get just a little better then last time. Or maybe you just can't be bothered anymore and just give up. In any case you fail in the end. You always fail. No one has ever won in tetris. You can be the best tetris player in the world and you're still going to fail eventually.

Sometimes you make accidents along the way and sometimes you're just unlucky and get handed some bad bricks. But you can be the best and the luckiest tetris player in the world and you're still going to fail eventually.

He won.

hmm why wont you embed?
ah there we go.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Stako said:
Bla bla bla snip snip
It's about your take on the subject, not copying and pasting. [this goes for everyone, but I just liked your copy/paste the most xD]
I knew. It's just ,ever since that I've seen those clips, I can't stop myself to think about that

Kieros

Jul 4, 2011
This will be, without a doubt, the craziest one so far.

ALIENS FROM THE PLANET "Mordondiangoba" are attacking the USSR. However, the only hope to defeat them is the S.U.O.S.L.B.L.D.S., the "Soviet Union Outer Space Line Based LASER Defense System". By intercepting the Mordondiangobaian ships, which for some reason, are based on combinations of four 10m×10m×10m modules. Being the cheap-thrifts that the USSR was famous for, they can only fire the laser when it will have 100% efficiency; that is, when the row is filled, and can be fired at. If the SUOSLBLDS is overfilled with the Mordoniangobaian ships, then the rest of the attacking fleet will be able to safely land in Moscow and then take over the world.