If the World Ends, Do You have Any Useful Skills?

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I know that could be phrased better, but who cares?

Anyway, let's say the world does sort of end next year. Nothing comletely life destroying, but maybe some kind of catastrophic event that totally breaks society and ruins any government. Do you have any skills that could be useful in such an event? If so, what are they?

Also, hooray! My 1000 post!

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot to list some of my own skills. I have a fair amount of survival knowledge, and I am good at making things. I am currently teaching myself blacksmithing and metalworking, and I can do basic electronics.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Guild morale management. Inventory control. I suppose those could be useful. HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaahaha... *sob*

*edit* Wait! I did climb a frozen waterfall once! I suppose i technically have ok outdoorsman skills.

Zarobitt

Dec 18, 2008
Well I am a mechanical engineering student, so you know, I can engineer stuff and do SCIENCE! But beyond that I was raised by a cop and have some fairly advanced survival and gun skills that most people don't have.

Chasing-The-Light

Jul 16, 2011
I can make babies, does that help? ;D

Nah, I'd be good for nothing. xD Maybe I'd have leadership skills... but if the world ended, I'd just hope to never have to see the after affect. Dunno what I'd do, really.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I can jury rig batteries to things?

Assuming batteries are even commonplace in the apocalypse. Who knows.

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
I'm a good tinker, can fight pretty well, am pretty clever, learn quickly, know some survival things, and can lead if it comes down to that.

Also I can clap with one hand and wiggle my left ear.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
As an English Literature student, i... uh, i don't know. I'm good at communication? Hmm. Could be in a bit of a pickel. I'm no good at practical tasks and i'm not a very physical person. I've been told i'm fairly insightful and perceptive though, so i might be that one guy they ask what the group should do next, or the guy who spots the can of food hidden behind a really obscure cupboard door or something. My communication skills might help in maintaining some semblance of order among a small group, though i'm not a leader by any stretch of the imagination. Since i used to shoot rifles fairly competently when i was a moment of a shooting range, i'd be useful on excursion parties or defence against raiders, bandits, mutant zombie monsters etc.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I could review the Apocalypse, I guess.

I could also be used as a potential food source too, that must be a skill as well.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Decent archer, which should be useful for getting food. Less cordite in the deceased animal, and arrows are reusable.

I'm also pretty good when it comes to making a temporary shelter. Assuming houses no longer exist/aren't an option, anyway.

Like to think I'm OK when it comes to convincing people to do things, like not killing me and stealing my food.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Not really but I can folow a cockroach and see what they get up to .... them buggers will survive anything.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
badgersprite said:
...I stood on an orange once.

Does that help?
I was going to post some super awesome skill that I do not possess but I can not think of anything after reading this post. If the world ends I'm sticking with you.

anANGRYkangaroo

May 15, 2011
Welding.
Leadership.
Planning skillz.
Read up and watched almost everything about every possible (Survivable) world ending scenario :p
Awesome at fixing and building stuff.
Has had basic practice with actual firearms, legally allowed to use them (Not that it matters in an end of the world scenario)
Plus a hankering for some Zombie killing

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Purely morale based me thinks, I can tell a joke, love making people laugh... not to shabby in bed either so you know... everyone's going to need entertaining now that there is no electricity.

Cleo Cowdrey

Apr 14, 2011
I was a girl guide for years and almost got my queens guide award(stupid girl guide politics!) so i would like to think I'd be extremely useful :D. Also living in the country might help :D