If they don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
In our modern age, we can get almost anything done for us both quickly and efficiently, but us real men know that the best way to do something is to take the long, and potentially dangerous way to fixing some thing. So the question is, would you consider yourself handy? And just a quick extra one for the ladies, os having a guy who can fix things more desirable than having a guy who likes to cook and knows how to do things like sew?

Oh and the first person to be able to tell me The Man's Prayer without looking it up gets a cookie.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
I'm not really that handy. Neither is my father. My mother is though, so I don't know that you have to make a distinction between genders here.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Technical stuff; extremly clueless.
Cooking; I've even failed making pasta, but I can produce some basic dishes.
Home-repairing stuff; clueless here aswell. I often gotta do them though because of my height. No need for ladders!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Would I find a handy guy attractive? Definatly. But I find smart guys more so. Building a house is cool, but how bout some computer code, or something that reminds me Im not as tech savy as my grandparents think. Plus then they could teach me. (I tried to learn, but quickly lost faith in myself being able to do it)

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I'm hanging out of the second story windows, repairing the sills as we speak. I put in light fixtures and chandeliers, put in a granite countertop, installed an over-the-range microwave and now I'm going to re-attach the shutters on the front of my house.

Home improvement being a man thing? Bullshit.
I wouldn't mind a man as competent as me, but honestly, I'd rather a man who, in combining our income, could hire someone else to do it. It eats up so much time to maintain a house. Of course, both is ideal, but I don't really care all that much either way. It would just be a nice little bonus.

I will be disappointed if my man won't join me in the kitchen. Cooking is not a dainty little girl's thing, its an art form, and pretty much science for hungry people. I guess I could live with him not being interested in culinary adventures as long as he had good taste...

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
The one thing I don't remember.... The Man's Prayer.

I consider myself SUPER handy.

This sums up all handy men.
I find my self yelling, "Open dat shit up!" when I go into SUPER handy man mode.

Keep your stick out of the mud.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Adam Galli said:
I
GrimTuesday said:
Adam Galli said:
I'm a man, but I can change if I have to I guess
Well that was quick

I LOVE The Red Green Show... QUANDO OMNI FLUNKIS MORITATI!! lol
I just started rewatching it after getting all the seasons, but it was one of my favorite shows growing up.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
TestECull said:
Well seeing as I can single-handedly rebuild an entire car, at least skill wise as some parts need two people to safely handle, I'd say I'm pretty handy.
OK, this is how you do it. You take something, and apply your manliness to it to make it an extremely manly act. Handiness isn't an inheriently manly thing, but in Mr. Cull's case, with his confidence, his username... He's made car assembly a masculine thing.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
GrimTuesday said:
a guy who likes to cook...
Point of contention: cooking is about fire and sharp knives. What isn't manly about fire and sharp knives?

On topic: I generally wind up being the handy man around the four person house. I'm not a carpenter or anything but I've spent some summers helping my grandfather remodel a small house. Being a strong back nets you some experience points I guess.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
If I am handy when I moan from being asked to do anything other than work on the hobby I like, than yes.
Otherwise, not so much.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I'm a musician... I'm not good at anything that could be considered handy...

I play music or look pretty both of which I'm failing at...<.<

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
TestECull said:
Erana said:
TestECull said:
Well seeing as I can single-handedly rebuild an entire car, at least skill wise as some parts need two people to safely handle, I'd say I'm pretty handy.
OK, this is how you do it. You take something, and apply your manliness to it to make it an extremely manly act. Handiness isn't an inheriently manly thing, but in Mr. Cull's case, with his confidence, his username... He's made car assembly a masculine thing.

I have Power Tools. Power Tools add +9001 Manliness to their wielder.
Then what does that make me and my belt sander? D:

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
I would prefer a guy who is handy to one that can do house work. Based simply on the fact that I am highly capable of doing house work but have no idea why my car breaks, don't like getting up on the ladder to change light bulbs, and don't like getting bled dry by handy men.