If two identical robots fought, which one would win?

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
IAmCaboose said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
If both are EXACTLY alike, then both will act EXACTLY the same.
No, i dont think they would. Because AI does have some form or randomness to it. One would have to start the fight in order for they to be a fight.
No no, he said EXACLTY the same.

That means that the robot's AI are identical down to their molecular structure, mental state, and even their entire life up to this point.

blackflare

Jul 25, 2010
Whatever robot gets in a lucky strike, stab ,crush, armour piercing bullet hitting the servos etc. It just all about luck and chance.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
One of them will win. I can't say which one obviously, because they're the same. One of them will win through sheer random chance.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Bloodstain said:
But are the surroundings and circumstances exactly the same as well? If yes, neither of them would win. I guess they would break or run out of fuel or whatever else at the same time.

spartan231490 said:
Coin flip. Luck does exist, and plays it's own role in combat, and you can't control it. One would slip, or get damaged in the legs early, or who knows what, and the other would win.
Luck and coincidence can't exist, because nothing happens without cause. Even a coin flip is subject to flipping force, air resistance, momentum, etc. If one manages to damage the other one's legs earlier, then they are not exactly the same, because the one striking the blow obviously has superior tactics. If one slipped and the other one didn't, then the ground under that robot must have been different from the ground beneath the other one. So the surroundings were different.
you're forgetting entropy. There is randomness in the universe, which results in luck and even occasionally coincidence. To reiterate, it's a coin flip, 50/50.

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
ZydrateDealer said:
rubinigosa said:
The one that starts.Will win.
Nope, in starting the battle it gives the other robot the chance to see what it's strategy thus the other one will counter it's move and crush it.

As both robots know this neither will start and we are looking at the world's longest staring contest.

I suppose if they are forced to fight to the death then the winner will be the one who has the higher luck stat as lets face it there is no other way to determine the outcome. Of course luck stats don't really exist so the universe would diverge at this point and split into parallel universes so both robots win and both robots lose...well in theory in reality it's the one who slips on a wet patch of grass that will lose as parallel universes are impossible for me to comprehend, and they also make free will impossible because there are clones of you doing everything you'll ever be able to do even if all you ever do is wank till teatime. I've lost sight of my point but I think it's that it'd be impossible to know unless we did it and we couldn't because the universe itself is flawed and imperfect and yet brilliantly balanced...which is an amazing thought.
Well what I meant was that if they are identical they know all of the other ones tactics. Resulting in a staring contest but if one of them skips that the logical outcome is that the other one dodges the attack and hits first (because its a surprise attack it hits) that robot gains the advantage.After that the other one will pro bely try to attack but because they know each others tactics the first one will doge and then its back to the staring contest.But one of the robots is injured resulting in that the injured one will pro bely run out of energy first.But this dose not work if they have unlimited fuel or can fix it self automatic.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
If they're completely identical in completely identical conditions, then they would react exactly the same to each other and they would basically be fighting a perfect mirror of each other.

Unless of course something in their programming dictates a sense of random response, in which case the victor would be random.

ZydrateDealer

Nov 17, 2009
rubinigosa said:
ZydrateDealer said:
rubinigosa said:
Nope, in starting the battle it gives the other robot the chance to see what it's strategy thus the other one will counter it's move and crush it.

As both robots know this neither will start and we are looking at the world's longest staring contest.

I suppose if they are forced to fight to the death then the winner will be the one who has the higher luck stat as lets face it there is no other way to determine the outcome. Of course luck stats don't really exist so the universe would diverge at this point and split into parallel universes so both robots win and both robots lose...well in theory in reality it's the one who slips on a wet patch of grass that will lose as parallel universes are impossible for me to comprehend, and they also make free will impossible because there are clones of you doing everything you'll ever be able to do even if all you ever do is wank till teatime. I've lost sight of my point but I think it's that it'd be impossible to know unless we did it and we couldn't because the universe itself is flawed and imperfect and yet brilliantly balanced...which is an amazing thought.
Well what I meant was that if they are identical they know all of the other ones tactics. Resulting in a staring contest but if one of them skips that the logical outcome is that the other one dodges the attack and hits first (because its a surprise attack it hits) that robot gains the advantage.After that the other one will pro bely try to attack but because they know each others tactics the first one will doge and then its back to the staring contest.But one of the robots is injured resulting in that the injured one will pro bely run out of energy first.But this dose not work if they have unlimited fuel or can fix it self automatic.
Argh thinking about this too much is making my tiny mind hurt...fuck it rocks fall down and they both die. XD

Oh brainwave! I know who the victor is, it's the one the mob bosses have a ton of money on.

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
ZydrateDealer said:
rubinigosa said:
ZydrateDealer said:
rubinigosa said:

Argh thinking about this too much is making my tiny mind hurt...fuck it rocks fall down and they both die. XD

Oh brainwave! I know who the victor is, it's the one the mob bosses have a ton of money on.
well maybe...the mob boss theory sound right. But then it should be the other robot wining because the mob boss will win more money then because every one will beat on the "mob boss robot" making the money you gain increasing if the other one wins.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
WanderingFool said:
If there both identicle, how do we tell which one is which?

"Im putting my money on A"
"Which one is A?"
*blank stare at realization...*
Or better yet:
"I bet my money on A"
"which one is A?"
"The one that's gonna win the fight"
"Aaaaaah, got it"

Even here in this robot fight, there is an opportunity to make money.

I think that if both were exactly the same, they would pull exactly the same moves at exactly the same time, and if they stand in the opposite directions of each other then they will fight like this:
Robot 1: uses left hand to punch robot 2's head.
Robot 2: uses left hand to punch robot 1's head.

*fight goes on until both robot heads get smashed*

Robot 1/2 wins/loses.

:D

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Anti Nudist Cupcake said:
WanderingFool said:
If there both identicle, how do we tell which one is which?

"Im putting my money on A"
"Which one is A?"
*blank stare at realization...*
Or better yet:
"I bet my money on A"
"which one is A?"
"The one that's gonna win the fight"
"Aaaaaah, got it"

Even here in this robot fight, there is an opportunity to make money.

I think that if both were exactly the same, they would pull exactly the same moves at exactly the same time, and if they stand in the opposite directions of each other then they will fight like this:
Robot 1: uses left hand to punch robot 2's head.
Robot 2: uses left hand to punch robot 1's head.

*fight goes on until both robot heads get smashed*

Robot 1/2 wins/loses.

:D
I like your style.

Number 6

Sep 11, 2008
You can't tell who would win a single fight, only that if many identical fights took place that the average result would be a draw.