If You could be Any Video Game character...

Mar 19, 2010
Geralt z Rivii and no he is not RPG character he is character from book who had a game made about him. Or if not Geralt then I guess Vesemir who is just as badass as Geralt, he is bit older, but since i would get whole life as him that would not be a problem.

Millky95

Nov 19, 2009
Garrus. Would love to be him. Such as adventurous life, gets to be the hero, doesn't just win all the time. A perfect character.

The Boss from Saints Row would be interesting. From hardly speaking to the President would be a great life. Plus a different face every few years doesn't hurt.

Not sure if they count or not but any of the Pokemon main characters would be cool but most of them are blank slates...

Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. Fuck that's a life and a half

Captcha: Fuzzy Wuzzy.
I don't think any of these guys are fuzzy wuzzy but OK...

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Gorbachof said:
Its Ironic that you say we can't be a "Blank Slate Character," those are often the most engaging because we already put ourselves (albeit to various degrees and subconsciousness) in/as those characters.

If I could be ANYONE (at least at this very second, I'd choose the Lone Wanderer.

If I must stay with you criteria... Robert Lutece* possibly, The whole inter dimensional know it all prick seems like an appealing lifestyle for me.

*subject to change without notice; decisions vary on a case by case basis; please consult your doct--
bug_of_war said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Blank slate characters like Gordon Freeman or Doomguy are okay, I guess. (Though why ANYONE would want to be Doomguy escapes me.)
Why the fuck would anyone wanna be Gordon Freeman escapes me.
Could you Image 8 years at MIT having to write a thesis on "Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures by Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array."

EDIT: I suppose the G-Man would also be a good pick.
I believe you misread my post: you CAN be blank-slates.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Jak, from the Jak & Daxter series.

I mean, why not?
The series is a childhood favorite of mine in which I will always remember, I would love another game and I love the character.
Also I would have a kickass orange best friend. ^_^

Then there is Jak, he knows how to control most or all weapons in the dystopian future.
He saves the world 3 times, becomes a carting champ in the fourth and the fifth game ... what fifth game?
Never existed!
Has light and dark powers and is damn reliable, funny and would be a great person to be.

Well ... apart from the first game where he didn't talk.
Including spoilers it would be a great life.
I miss Naughty Dog working on the series, I think it would be much better then the Uncharted series or The Last of Us ... but what can I say, I prefer that style over the realistic style of their current games.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
This'll do for post 1,000.

1st Choice: The Bhaalspawn, from Baldur's Gate series.
The first thing I'd go through would be about four days of character creation right? That aside, the whole saga from Candlekeep to ascension as the new Lord of Murder would be my ideal.

2nd Choice: Megaman Trigger, from Megaman Legends 1&2.
My favourite incarnation of the Megaman series. I'm taking this choice on the proviso that I get to live life after the stuck-on-the-moon cliffhanger as I please. Capcom isn't going to write the third act, and that one time they threatened to it looked like absolute garbage anyways. Immediate defection to Ms. Tron incoming!

3rd Choice: Geralt of Rivia, from The Witcher series.
It's not pretty, but it's got everything. I don't even need to know what's going to happen in TWH to put Geralt on the list.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Gorbachof said:
Could you Image 8 years at MIT having to write a thesis on "Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures by Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array."
Yeah, and the image bores me to tears. Why would anybody want to waste 8 years doing that, knowing full well that afterwards Half-Life happens and that you'll never have an ending. At least Doomguy is straight forward and the former years are all going to be beneficial for the period of his time span that we currently are aware of.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
bigfatcarp93 said:
kilenem said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Bear in mind it need not be a protagonist. Any villain or supporting character is acceptable.
Villian? I'll be Vaz. Easily one of the Best Villianz of all time. He's up there with Joker and DOOM.
Could you mean Vaas? Or is this a character I don't know?
Z's make everything better that's why spy villain plural like that.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Maxwell from Scribblenauts - I spend my time helping people regardless of if it's right/wrong, can reset anything I've done and I have a notebook that gets me anything I want or make me into whatever I want.

Who wouldn't want to spend their time making robotic dinosaurs for riding that fight Cthulhu and making themselves able to fly?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Eh, I'll keep things simple and take Alucard from Symphony of the Night. I'd have a mastery of countless weapons, numerous overpowered magical abilities, the ability to shapeshift into a wolf, bat, and mist cloud, and just be an utter badass in general. Also I'd be the tall, dark, and mysterious kind of guy that chicks seem to dig. :3

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Garrus Vakarian.

Because I already spend too much time on procrastination calibrations, and who doesn't want to be a bat-turian?

I've also got the same sort of awkward turian-like approach to romance:

Gorbachof

Apr 17, 2011
bigfatcarp93 said:
Gorbachof said:
Its Ironic that you say we can't be a "Blank Slate Character," those are often the most engaging because we already put ourselves (albeit to various degrees and subconsciousness) in/as those characters.

If I could be ANYONE (at least at this very second, I'd choose the Lone Wanderer.

If I must stay with you criteria... Robert Lutece* possibly, The whole inter dimensional know it all prick seems like an appealing lifestyle for me.

*subject to change without notice; decisions vary on a case by case basis; please consult your doct--
bug_of_war said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Blank slate characters like Gordon Freeman or Doomguy are okay, I guess. (Though why ANYONE would want to be Doomguy escapes me.)

Then my sincerest apologies; The Lone Wanderer it is (with the TTW installed that is).

bug_of_war said:
Gorbachof said:
Yeah, and the image bores me to tears. Why would anybody want to waste 8 years doing that, knowing full well that afterwards Half-Life happens and that you'll never have an ending. At least Doomguy is straight forward and the former years are all going to be beneficial for the period of his time span that we currently are aware of.
To be fair, those going through it wouldn't feel a gap between HL2:Ep 2 and HL2:Ep3/HL3, if anything at this rate, they would be the ONLY ones who get to see what happens next.

EDIT: I think my misunderstanding was with "Blank Slate," wouldn't an RPG Protag be the definition of "Blank Slate?"

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Gorbachof said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Gorbachof said:

bug_of_war said:
bigfatcarp93 said:

Then my sincerest apologies; The Lone Wanderer it is (with the TTW installed that is).

bug_of_war said:
Gorbachof said:
To be fair, those going through it wouldn't feel a gap between HL2:Ep 2 and HL2:Ep3/HL3, if anything at this rate, they would be the ONLY ones who get to see what happens next.

EDIT: I think my misunderstanding was with "Blank Slate," wouldn't an RPG Protag be the definition of "Blank Slate?"
That's a negative, it would be the difference between "No personality so the player can project theirs" and "customizable personality."

The reason I asked for no RPG protagonists is because, since we, individually, have no way of knowing how any given poster customized theirs, that removes any frame of reference for the rest of us. I.E. you could say "Commander Shepard", and I have no idea which one you're talking about. Female? Male? Paragon? Renegade? Soldier? Adept? And no way can I account for all the decisions you made.

I suppose if someone wants to put up an RPG protag, I can't stop them. Just understand that it will have no real meaning for anyone who reads your post.

Gorbachof

Apr 17, 2011
bigfatcarp93 said:
Gorbachof said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Gorbachof said:

bug_of_war said:
bigfatcarp93 said:

bug_of_war said:
Gorbachof said:

That's a negative, it would be the difference between "No personality so the player can project theirs" and "customizable personality."

The reason I asked for no RPG protagonists is because, since we, individually, have no way of knowing how any given poster customized theirs, that removes any frame of reference for the rest of us. I.E. you could say "Commander Shepard", and I have no idea which one you're talking about. Female? Male? Paragon? Renegade? Soldier? Adept? And no way can I account for all the decisions you made.

I suppose if someone wants to put up an RPG protag, I can't stop them. Just understand that it will have no real meaning for anyone who reads your post.
I see, I suppose that makes scense; I guess I wasn't clear on the point of the exercise. In which case, Robert Lutece/G-man (who frankly, are the same damn thing the more I think about it).

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
I'm kind of tempted by Artyom from Metro 2033 (kind of cheering here, I'm basing my choice off the book rather than the game). Sure he has a shitty life in the Metro, but he sees some interesting stuff.

Otherwise, I think it would be cool to be Dr Vahlen. She's the head scientist in Xcom enemy unknown. It would be really cool to be a scientist so skilled that you get a place in the Xcom project, and you'd get to see aliens!

Might also add Rico from Just Cause. Just so I could have the kit he's got.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
Andrew Ryan. He gets to be king of an underwater city that he built, one populated with those with similar ideological positions to his. And he gets to run everything for a while. Sure, it'll all go to shit in the end, but until then, I'll be enjoying myself.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Golbez from Final Fantasy 2. (FF4 in Japanese)

Easily one of the series most badass characters, has an evolving character arc (especially in Final Fantasy 4: The After Years) and is one of the more interesting characters in Final Fantasy. Not exactly a villian, not exactly a hero...but he is what, and who, he is.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm a bit confused, do we go into the character's world, or we become them in real life? Either way is fine.

I have two choices. Link from the Legend of Zelda. I would enjoy being any of them, but I guess I would want to be either Ocarina of Time Link, or Twilight Princess Link. Having all of his abilities, items, and looks(ladies like elf ears right?) would be awesome. Plus, I can be guaranteed to come back to life by keeping a fairy in a bottle, sounds good to me!

My other choice would be a Pokemon game Protagonist for all the obvious reasons. If I had to pick one, it would be the male player character from Black. I'm guaranteed to get Reshiram! <3 Though any Poke-protagonist would be great to be.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009

I'd love to be Infamous Cole MacGrath from, well, Infamous. Awesome powers that take the form of red lightning and fire and leading a new wave of human evolution in the form of conduits would be good enough for me, anybody that isn't a conduit hating my guts notwithstanding.