If you could buy a lifetime subscription to a gaming company.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Rockstar, Irrational, and maybe Valve (not crazy about any of Valve's games, but they are consistently good and worth buying, so one price would be nice for the whole shebang).

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Zantos said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Bethesda, I think I usually go all fangirl about thier games anyway.
Aaaaargh! First day Bethesda releases! Run and hide! If I went for Bethesda with this I'd probably end up hospitalised.

OT: Probably Epic games. Yeah, definitely Epic. Since I seem to end up buying (and really enjoying) pretty much everything they release anyway. Especially if it means I get the GoW3 uber edition with the lil statue.
I've never had any bug problems tbh, I must just be incredibly lucky or somthing :/

Fallout Vegas for example was absolutely fine for me.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Well, obviously Bethesda and Valve. Those are obvious. I've been fangasming about Skyrim since the day it was announced (or since I finished Oblivion. I didn't know what it would be, but I knew I was going to buy it) and Valve makes enough excellent games that it'd be worth it.

As much as I absolutely hate myself for saying it though, I would buy on for EA. And I would do it because I know, down the road, I will be buying their games. Whether it's a Bioware game or the next Battlefield or the new (and hopefully better, although I supremely doubt it) Command and Conquer games, or even just random games that they end up putting out, it would be worth spending the money up front because it would end up being less expensive than buying all the games individually. I don't think I'd do the same with Activision, although I'd consider it. Depends on what their CoD games end up being like.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Id pay 500-600 USD for a service like that!
But only if everything is shipped to my door. And the shipping has to be free.

mr_major

Jun 14, 2011
Nintendo and Bethesda, I grew up with Mario, Link and Samus so I still play them even if Nintendo hasn't handled them the best in the last few years and Bethesda since I have pre-ordered a copy of skyrim already and I know I will order a second when the collectors edition when it is announced.

Killertje

Dec 12, 2010
Activision-Blizzard (first time I call them that, because normally the worst and best company should not be named together)
EA
Ubisoft
THQ
Valve

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Bethesda
Bioware
4A (their launch title Metro 2033 is my favorite game ever so anything after that is just gravy)
Rockstar
Ubisoft

My little quintet of gaming perfection, I'd gladly pay $1000 for a lifetime of gaming goodness.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
I probably wouldn't, for anyone. I don't really buy very many games per year, and I'd question whether the company would be around long enough for me to see a good return.

I'll tell ya what though, ages ago, if my grandpa had gotten such a subscription for MicroProse, it would've at least paid for itself. If he'd gotten a LucasArts one and transferred it to me later, he and I would've saved quite a bit of money.

Another problem is when rights to a franchise change hands.. would you be annoyed if you bought a Westwood subscription mainly for the Command and Conquer series only to have it swiped from under you by EA? How about Interplay, hoping for a long line of Fallout games, only to see the series tanked by Fallout:BoS and the franchise later sold to Bethesda?

Nah, I don't think I would.

Frasman

Aug 4, 2010
$200 for a lifetime subscription is an absolute steal.

Blizzard
Sega
Bethesda
Capcom
Bizzare Creations (if they were still around)
Polyphony Digital