If you could choose 1 game to be wiped from history forever... What would it be?

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
KSI Hellboy post=9.70087.689771 said:
Yea! Let's all jump on the "We hate Halo" bandwagon! Wy do you all hate this game so much? It's no more than a popular FPS.
correction, its a popular, over produced, overly advertised pile of mediocracy.

KSI Hellboy

May 28, 2008
Syphonz post=9.70087.689786 said:
Yea! Let's all jump on the "We hate Halo" bandwagon! Wy do you all hate this game so much? It's no more than a popular FPS.
If it's so mediocre why do so many people play it?

It was very hyped because of Microsoft which is a smart business move because people see all the lights and sounds and want to see what it's about so they buy it.

How is it overproduced?

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I'd have to go for MGS2, as it was such an anticipated and presumed sequel to Metal Gear Solid but brought in some horrible story elements such as the ridiculous Patriot conspiracy as well as losing the pacing of the original PSone classic, plus the ridiculous and awful ending. MGS3 was a welcome return to basics and told a coherent and engaging story that was conveniently set well before any of the other events.

But the curse of MGS2 turned the plot of MGS4 into an overgrown and pretentious train-wreak of a narrative, that for some reason had to go to extremely strenuous lengths to explain away every single facet of the story arc, as if the gameplay was some ancillary feature to the cinematic experience.

OK, your "evil Twin brother from a government project to make super soldiers takes control of a nuclear base" is certainly a compelling story but is definitely not to be mistaken for 'High brow' story telling, it's more '24' than 'The Wire', engaging, exciting, emotional but not deep and not subtle enough for the MGS2/4 style massive story arc. Hideo Kojima wrote a great action game, but when he moved into political commentary it came off as ham fisted as the later seasons of MASH when Alda took over the fun was replaced with preaching.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Night Shift Nurses, because then they would never have made the series and I wouldn't be scarred for life. Wiki it and cry with me. I saw the first ep and a couple of clips and that was enough.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
KSI Hellboy post=9.70087.689809 said:

It was very hyped because of Microsoft which is a smart business move because people see all the lights and sounds and want to see what it's about so they buy it.

How is it overproduced?
Because you, And them have low standards.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
I would wipe Halo 1 for the X box from the pages of history. I think Halo could have been a great game for the PC/MAC. Unfortunatly Microsoft baught it and nerfed it. When Halo was finaly released for the PC they left the console Nerfs in. Such as the assault rifle auto aim. I think if Halo had not been released for the Xbox microsoft's little foray into the Console gaming market would have crashed and burned. Halo would be another excelent PC game and the console wars would be a two way competition instead of a three way. This is an alternate reality in which I would like to live.

Bowstring

May 30, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=9.70087.689768 said:
The first Guitar Hero. That whole series seems overly pointless to me. Why waste time getting good at playing a fake, plasitic controler for fake computer generated fans when you could learn to play a real guitar for real, fleshy fans and have lots of dirty and shame filled groupie sex?
Oh what a boring old argument. I'm a guitarist myself, and I think that's complete piddle.

Hmm. I've spent a lot of time playing FPS's. I'm quite good at FPS's. Hey, why am I pretending to fire a gun on a game when I could become quite skilled at firing a gun in real life?!

Picking up the guitar and playing your favourite song takes years of grueling practice, and for the most part, isn't fun. People want fun, so they'll pick up their plastic controller, and rock out like they know how.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Metal Gear Solid series. horrible games. Same with ALL of the Rock Band/Guitar Hero games.

Halo is king.

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Bowstring post=9.70087.689997 said:
Hmm. I've spent a lot of time playing FPS's. I'm quite good at FPS's. Hey, why am I pretending to fire a gun on a game when I could become quite skilled at firing a gun in real life?!
Because real guns kill people?

The fun of video games for me is doing something you wouldn't normally be able to do, I hate sports games for the same reason. What angers me most about the Guitar Hero series is that people who play it alot and have gotten good at the game (at least the ones that I have met) somehow think that this is some acheivement to be proud of, like if they had learnt to play a real guitar (which, as you said, is hard work)

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
I'd like to see Enter the Matrix wiped off the face of the Earth. That game was awful. The only mention of it should be in meetings for game developers and marketers where they use it as an example of how NOT to make a game.

Bowstring

May 30, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=9.70087.690005 said:
Bowstring post=9.70087.689997 said:
Because real guns kill people?
Fine.

Hmm. I've spent a lot of time playing soccer games. I'm quite good at soccer games. Hey, why am I pretending to kick a ball on a game when I could become quite skilled at kicking a ball in real life?!

Mar 26, 2008
Man it's like high school in here. "Let's all hate the popular kid because we secretly envy their success". Grow up. I can't see how anyone can say that Halo is a bad game, yes it may be over-rated, yes the fans can get annoying, yes it might not be your cup of tea but that does not make it a bad game. It would be like me nominating Final Fantasy VII because I didn't like it and I dislike Final Fantasy fanboys. I still don't believe it is a bad game.

When I think of games that need to be wiped off the Earth I think of bad, truely terrible games that no one could possibly enjoy unless they were extemely masochistic or had lost all will to live. For that reason I nominating Double Dragon on the Commodore 64. Any game that needs to publish an apology for not being able to join the main sprites together and ship it in the box is not off to a good start. It only went downhill from there.

KSI Hellboy

May 28, 2008
Bulletinmybrain post=9.70087.689990 said:
KSI Hellboy post=9.70087.689809 said:

How is it overproduced?
Because you, And them have low standards.
So the majority of people have low standards?

KSI Hellboy

May 28, 2008
Programmed_For_Damage post=9.70087.690028 said:
Man it's like high school in here. "Let's all hate the popular kid because we secretly envy their success". Grow up. I can't see how anyone can say that Halo is a bad game, yes it may be over-rated, yes the fans can get annoying, yes it might not be your cup of tea but that does not make it a bad game. It would be like me nominating Final Fantasy VII because I didn't like it and I dislike Final Fantasy fanboys. I still don't believe it is a bad game.

When I think of games that need to be wiped off the Earth I think of bad, truely terrible games that no one could possibly enjoy unless they were extemely masochistic or had lost all will to live. For that reason I nominating Double Dragon on the Commodore 64. Any game that needs to publish an apology for not being able to join the main sprites together and ship it in the box is not off to a good start. It only went downhill from there.
Finally someone that makes sense in the forum!

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
reslik post=9.70087.680170 said:
i would pick that horrid viva pinata..... or animal crossing!
Why the hate for Viva Pinata?

I would think Force Commander. "Rock" imperial march? Units that fire into the landscape? A UI that causes real-world headaches from clashing with the field and takes up 40%+ of the screen? It set back Star Wars games for years.

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Fuck Halo. It's an overhyped, underpowered, idiodic excuse for a game. Fucking thing sucks! +10 Internet to whoever gets that.