If you could design a pokemon-

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Monkfish Acc. said:
Erana said:
Can I just make baby Khangaskan into a pokemon? Its been bothering me for over a decade now...
I have lost nights of sleep to this. True story.
A male varient would also be appreciated. It's kinda weird that they all have babies when they are all female.
Unless they reproduce asexually or something.
Well... There IS that rumor saying that it was going to go Cubone>Marowak>Kanghaskan. The only problem with this theory is that it hinges on glitch pokemon evolving into Kangaskhan as a theory of "moved code" or something like that.
However, the reason M can evolve into Kangaskhan has been proven to be due to its hex value, so its only crazy internets.

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
Me and my wap friends were talking about this once. We all agreed that the designs from Gen III onward were in a downward spiral, and I said, "Why do these new designs suck? It's not that hard thinking up new ones! I mean, how about a three-headed flying gorilla made of diamonds?" Yeah, there's mine, for you. That would make for a better three-stage rock type than that confounded blue and red spider thing that's coming up, I'd wager.

Now that I think about it, as prone as Nintendo is to recycle ideas, I'm surprised there've been no flaming bats. We've had two bat evolutionary lines, with a third coming in Gen V. I might be a little less against catching them if they were on fire, eh? Anybody with me?

I also once had this idea for a two-stage Normal/Steel type pokemon based in part on a hedgehog, where in its first stage its spines were needles, and in its second stage it became semi-bipedal (like a bear or a raccoon, they could stand up for a time, but ran on all fours) and its spines became steel knives, which it fought with. That could also be a Steel/Poison type, since hedgehogs often times chew up poison and lick it over their spines. You could do something like that, I guess.

Eh, there's just a few ideas that've been floating around. I'm a tad too lazy to think up more. I might draw some, though. Maybe I'll go do that.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
You can make your own pkmn. There are several hacks. Here is a plug-oink:http://sasukito.deviantart.com/art/Plug-oink-31447949

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
They've lowered the barrier of entry a little with Black and White taking on more modern themes.

A book Pokemon would be nice, instrument themed pokemon, and moar robots!

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
I've always wondered why they never did anything with Onix like the pokedex originally hinted at.
I mean, it says that once it gets older its body turns to diamonds... How awesome would that be?

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Erana said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
Erana said:
Can I just make baby Khangaskan into a pokemon? Its been bothering me for over a decade now...
A male varient would also be appreciated. It's kinda weird that they all have babies when they are all female.
Well... There IS that rumor saying that it was going to go Cubone>Marowak>Kanghaskan. The only problem with this theory is that it hinges on glitch pokemon evolving into Kangaskhan as a theory of "moved code" or something like that.
However, the reason M can evolve into Kangaskhan has been proven to be due to its hex value, so its only crazy internets.
I dunno if this is what your referring to, but I saw something a while ago about this. The idea about Cubones/Marowaks/Kanghaskans being related, but the pokemon that linked them was removed, and thats were Missingno comes from in the original series. Dunno how true it is though.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I had an idea years ago, when I was back at school and bored and it was still the days of Gold/Silver/Crystal, for a Pokemon called 'Bulbounce'. It would be a pinkish Grass-type, quite small (maybe the size of Pikachu), and basically be a plant bulb with a vine growing in a spiral out of the top, like a pig's curly tail. It would then be able to use the vine as a weapon like Bulbasaur does, but also be able to use it as a spring to help it jump higher to avoid attacks and reach the top of trees and stuff. I never thought about any evolutions for it, though I dare say there's a whole line you could make of Spring-Bulb Pokemon evolutions... :p

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
A fire-breathing Sheep-dog!!! oh wait ... Arcanine.

I know! A chinese water dragon (like ... Gyarados?) that is a flying type (definitiely Gyarados) that can actually fly! (oh, not Gyarados then)

Or how about pokemon that aren't gender confused (like a female Mr Mime, or the genderless Dogs/Birds/Spirit-Elves, or a male Lopunny).

OT: Okay, in all honesty, I'd like to see a new type, 'Beast'. And then make a whole range of Beast pokemon (all dogs obviously, cause dogs are 'sick-az') with varying types. So you have a Gryphon-esque flying dog, a weredog which is fighting-beast, a spirit-dog which is like embodied mist (water type, so it kind of 'surfs' by floating across the water). Ooh, and a Dragon-dog, with scaly spikes jutting out of maroon, black and brown fur, and jagged eyebrow ridges (scaled obviously) and it can ahve an alternate form, where the spikes on it's back flare out into wings and it gets huge claws and stuff, so like a super-beast form, where it gets attack and defense but loses speed spc.def. and spc.atk.

And yes, I like dogs, don't judge me *hides in an inconspicuous corner*.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
NeedAUserName said:
Erana said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
Erana said:
I dunno if this is what your referring to, but I saw something a while ago about this. The idea about Cubones/Marowaks/Kanghaskans being related, but the pokemon that linked them was removed, and thats were Missingno comes from in the original series. Dunno how true it is though.
That is what I'm referring to, but Missingno. is a placeholder "pokemon." Other glitch pokemon are the results of error data being accepted by the game. A lot of older games, due to constraints, didn't have the failsafes current software has that would say, "Hey, this doesn't exist," or "This isn't right." Nowadays, we just get crashes and error reports.
Pokemon would just smile and nod, putting any junk data into whatever stiuation it thought it was in, (Battle, menu, overworld, etc.)

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Count Igor said:
Doesn't tentecruel basically count though? It's kinda the same thing :D
emeraldrafael said:
You didnt like Tentacruel?
Tentacruel is a jellyfish though. However, I do like him, as evidenced by my avatar.

Though Strangely I never had an issue with Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Guess cause I never really saw them and when I did, I had a pokemon like Dragonite who mopped up competition.
Spikes/Toxic Spikes are tolerable. What makes stealth rock so bad is the fact that it murders pokemon of certain types, mainly the majority of fire pokemon. Bug types also get fucked pretty hard by stealth rock, as if they didn't have it bad enough already. The fire/fighting combination gives a fire pokemon an edge against stealth rock, hence why game freak keeps recycling it. I don't like it thought. I really think the game would be better off if they just got rid of stealth rock, along with most of the dragon type due to their overpowered stats.

Except Flygon. He can stay.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
Oka, fair enough about Tentacruel. I can get behind that.

But Dragon types. They're meant to be over powered. I think the problem lies in there is no balancing. I probably shouldnt say this, but Dragonite is probably the most balanced Dragon type in the game, and what makes that good the is the options you can use it for. A special nite works as well as a physical nite.

SoI think what it should do is even out the stats, though that would defeat some of the pokemons' purposes. Besides, Flygon and Dragonite have been intregal parts of my A and B team. So I would keep both, but dragonite specifically for no real reason other then the personal reason of I need my phys/special mix powerhouse.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
But Dragon types. They're meant to be over powered.
That's why I hate them. I dislike the fact that some Pokemon are blatantly better than others, and dragon types are the prime example of this.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
Mine would make biological sense >___> I hate that as more games get released the pokemon get less and less credible.

I want a STRONG bug pokemon. It would be centipede in shape, proportionally as big as a tiger, a rock like exterior (think Onyx) and two crushing mandibles. It'd evolve into a centipede like pokemon as big as Steelix and with a black metal exterior and a spiked underside.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
emeraldrafael said:
That's why I hate them. I dislike the fact that some Pokemon are blatantly better than others, and dragon types are the prime example of this.
So you dislike the concept of a legendary pokemon like Groudon, Kyrogre, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, etc.? I'm not trying to start something, I'm just trying to understand. If you dont want pokemon to be overpowered, then they also shouldnt serve a different role, like sub-spinners, walls, things of that nature. Look at pokemon that are designed to be completely physical (Vigorath) in comparison to those who are designed to be defensive (shuckle).

OT: I was looking around and saw a fictional pokemon fan made game and saw there were virus type pokemon, so I kinda would like to see that.

Istanbul

Dec 24, 2010
Rensenhito said:
I've always wondered why they never did anything with Onix like the pokedex originally hinted at.
I mean, it says that once it gets older its body turns to diamonds... How awesome would that be?
Well, they did make Steelix, which is Onix's evolved form...unless you're asking why they haven't made a third form (preferably one that doesn't suck)?

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Istanbul said:
Rensenhito said:
Well, they did make Steelix, which is Onix's evolved form...unless you're asking why they haven't made a third form (preferably one that doesn't suck)?
Yeah, more or less. Diamix or something.

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
i think they should have a Grass/Fire type Pokemon

it would have a basic golem shaped body, made of lightly colored stone

the stone on the right side of his body is almost completely encompassed over with moss, lichen, and leaves, out of this shoulder sprouts a small tree (similar to Tortera's)

the left side of the body will be made up of the stone cracked and broken in many places, out of the fissures and cracks would radiate a faint orangish-red glow, if you can see into the crack it would reveal a core of molten rock.

his face would feature 2 eyes

one with a green gem laying deep within the eye-socket and roots sprouting out all around it.

the other eye would just be a hole revealing more molten rock.

he would have no nose and instead of a mouth he would have a jagged fissure going vertically up his face from his chin to just under his eyes. the fissure would contain molten rock, some dripping out. it would be surrounded by an small border of scorched stone and then a thick layer of moss and lichen, living off the heat of his "Mouth-Fissure"

the overall look of the Pokemon would suggest an ancient look, as if the Pokemon had lived for centuries, or at least long enough to develop a thick covering of vegetation and learn to control it better than the stone he is built out of

i think it would also have to be impossible to breed, or when you breed it you get its preEvolution which is a smaller, weaker version that is a Fire/Rock Pokemon and is covered in no vegetation whatsoever.

maybe you could throw in a third evolution, right in the middle that is just beginning to grow vegetation and learn to control it. you could make this midEvolution a Fire/Rock type that primarily learns Fire and Rock type moves, but can learn Grass type TM's and maybe learns 1 or 2 basic Grass type moves as it levels up. maybe you could even throw in a Grass type ability for good measure

well, thats all i could come up with off the top of my head
hell, i dont even know what to call it
well, tell me what you guys think.

faceless chick

Sep 19, 2009
i already did..it's called an "original series".but i'm not sharing.

btw that grass legendary hedgehog totally ripped off my char which predates it by 6+ years ..srsly

(yea i know there's no way they would've known about a comic drawn on paper and never shown to the general public but still XD)

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Internet Kraken said:
emeraldrafael said:
So you dislike the concept of a legendary pokemon like Groudon, Kyrogre, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, etc.? I'm not trying to start something, I'm just trying to understand. If you dont want pokemon to be overpowered, then they also shouldnt serve a different role, like sub-spinners, walls, things of that nature. Look at pokemon that are designed to be completely physical (Vigorath) in comparison to those who are designed to be defensive (shuckle).
I don't dislike legendaries because they are, well, legendary. You know that they're unfair Pokemon. With dragon Pokemon, it's not the same. Some of them are horribly overpowered, while other aren't. Legendaries fit into their own special category, while dragons can go anywhere.