If you could erase the memory and start over with one game, what would it be?

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
WoW or Mass Effect series for me. It's a really hard choice. WoW because it was SO much better when I didn't know so much about the game, and hadn't played everything in it to death. Mass effect because...well, that feeling I had in the first game, in many of the missions. The same with mass effect 2. That's just...wow...the best single player game (series) of this generation imo. Ignoring ME3's ending of course...

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
toss up between three

two of which im sort of embarrassed about so i wont mention, what can i say....

anyways

first one is, max payne, i mean seriously the original was freaking awesome. Just to be able to see those dream/high scenes again for the first time would be awesome.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Fallout 3, Skyrim, Portal 2 or the Mass Effect franchise, and have my console short out before the Star Child.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
For me it would probably be Persona 4. If I could forget absolutely everything I know about that game, I would.

For one, the character Yukiko who we saw a younger version of in Persona 3 Portable (which came out after P4) as a brief cameo would seem more like a fun set-up to a future party member rather than a needless cameo for the hell of it.

Also, if I forgot all of it right now, I would be prepared for the Vita upgrade, Persona 4 Golden.

And I'm thinking that since the game is a murder mystery, in Golden since they gave the murderer a social link rather than just making him this super important character who was obviously the murderer because it either had to be him or they'd have to pull a new character out of their ass. By giving him a social link, maybe my brain wouldn't have automatically been so suspicious of him.

So basically, I think I'd be able to appreciate little things about the game a bit more if I could wipe my mind of it and go into Persona 4: Golden completely blind.

T4FF3R

Mar 22, 2011
Dark Souls. My first run through that game was EPIC! Danger around every corner. Each new enemy encountered required different timing or tactics to overcome. I remember dying a few times to the hydra in the Darkroot area before I could even SEE the beast. I saw the knight's body by the water's edge and thought its loot had to be amazing to have such a creature guarding it. After nearly 45 minutes of slaying crystal guardians and dodging water bolts and respawning I reached the body to discover the loot was my starting armor... Then I fell into the lake trying to get closer to the hydra. BUT once I came back and finally cut the heads off the beast the thrill of victory was nearly immeasurable. I HAD SLAIN THE BEAST! Wait, that wasn't a boss?! Are you kidding me?!

I'd also mention WoW. I played that game to death. I had a lot of fun with it back in the early days, but even then it never really immersed me as much as EverQuest. That was my first taste of an MMO world, and it really made you fight for every little thing you had.

I guess I enjoy the challenge of learning a difficult game and exploring an interesting world over a game with a good story twist. I guess mastering game mechanics and knowing the ending to a game both diminish replay value for me, but in different ways.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
probably resident evil 4 or baldurs gate 2, both amazing games with little things that make you just go "that was freaking awesome!"

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
hmmm well I would like it for maybe Dragon Age:Origins or Mass Effect but I'm gonna have to go with journey The Game on your first playthrough was so amazing and touching and I always had a smile on my face.

Chrmike

Oct 20, 2009
Gonna have to say Mass Effect 1. I unfortunately had Sovereign's true identity spoiled for me...that person and I are no longer buddies thankfully.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Probably KotOR, just to experience THAT twist again. The kind of twist that got my jaw heading to New Zealand fast.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Portal. The thing with that game is that everybody spoiled it for me even before I played it, so it would be nice to experience that game without any pretenses.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Recently Xenoblade Chronicles for me, lately game stories have been so boring and then this game comes along and throws plot twists I never see coming every turn. I wish most games were not so predictable!

I love the story and characters for Xenoblade.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
I've done it many a time with Dark Cloud 2. Best Level 5 game, ever, ever.
(Oh, I thought you meant wiping the memory card and starting over)

I dunno if I'd ever want the memories of a game wiped from my brain, because the chances are that I would think it's terrible by today's standards, and they only hold strong through nostalgia.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
Karoshi said:
WoW. Immersing myself in that game for the first time was an amazing experience. I loved messing around, exploring the world, PvPing and sneaking into enemy capitals. The year which I spent playing that game is one of the fondest gaming memories I have.

Still, I'm burned out and only a memory wipe could make play it once again.
I couldn't think of anything, but seeing your post I'll she and go with WoW. My first character was a gnome warrior. My mate invited me to the game and was a gnome warrior as well. Exploring the world of azeroth for the first time with him was a blast. We'd get lost and end up charging through areas way to high a level for us just to see what was there. Running through the plague lands on them mechanised ostriches whilst trying to dodge everything was great.

I'd love to do all that again

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
No contest, Persona 4. I can't imagine another game that got me so into it. The music, the mystery, the characters, just everything got me so excited! And then the ending which just made me feel so damn happy. Experiencing that again would be awesome.