If you could have any non-combat superpower, which would it be?

Shloogor

Jul 25, 2011
You a granted the ability to have any superpower so long as it has no use in combat (crime-fighting, world conquering, and so on)
What do you choose?

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
I honestly can't even think of a superpower that doesn't have use in combat.

I guess I'd go with, like, the ability to only teleport myself to the bathroom.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
Theoretically, anything can be weaponized. Sometimes there's a very niche need for said power.

That aside, I'd go with Healing Touch.

Edit: To avoid weaponizing, the receiver must have peace in their heart. Any feelings of rage or combat would reopen the wounds.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
The power to get a full night of sleep!

What? I really like sleeping but don't get as much as I need.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
MorsePacific said:
I honestly can't even think of a superpower that doesn't have use in combat.

I guess I'd go with, like, the ability to only teleport myself to the bathroom.
Even that has a use in combat. Ease of retreat would greatly reduce the risk of any hostile encounter if things get out of hand.

So yea, I can think of some sort of combat/assist/world domination for everything that comes to mind.

Shitting marshmellows? Package them for sale, make a profit use said profit for other objectives. Seriously even the most innocent of things can have some application in those categories.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Invisiblity. I just think it fits my personality pretty well...

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
First choice would be shape-shifting, the camouflage, "Change human features" kind, not the "I can turn into whatever I can imagine" kind. There are a lot of flaws in my body I'd love to iron out without having to spend years at a gym or thousands of dollars in cosmetic surgery.

If not that...would time travel count?

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
My first thought was mind reading, but I think that would be more of a curse really.
Therefore, teleportation.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
The ability to manipulate time. Its not a combat power, though I imagine it could be used as one. Just the ability to move forward and back in time or stop it if necessary... Slow it down, speed it up... The applications are endless.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Well I think what this guy means is that you can have any superpower you want, you just are not allowed to use it with malicious intent.
Anywayz, my power would be teleportation. Whenever people say "Oh I want to fly!" I tell them, "Fuck that!". Teleportation cuts out the middleman between places and you can be anywhere instantly. Suddenly long distance relationships are only a matter of perspective. You will never be "too lazy to go pick up the remote". And if you really want the sensation of flying then just teleport straight up, fall for a bit, then when you get bored of it, teleport back to the ground. No harm done, and free skydiving!

Also it would have the potential to get yourself out of any hairy situations you may get into. Don't really consider that a combat use, I consider it a combat AVOIDANCE use.

Lurklen

Feb 2, 2010
Instant line of sight teleportation. So anywhere I can see I can go, the end of the street a mountain peak off in the distance, the moon. Anywhere instantly, though the moon is probably a bad idea.

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
Essentially what Hiro Nakamura had in Heroes - control over space and time. Freeze, time travel and teleportation all covered in one easy superpower. If possible, I'd like the variety that doesn't give you a brain tumour...

Champion Argos

Sep 20, 2010
I would want supernatural endurance. Never need to sleep, never fatigue, never need food/water/air. That has countless applications and very few of them involve battle.

luckybreak

Jul 21, 2011
Being God. If not that then magic. Time powers. Infinte replication of either my self or objects or both. Immortality. If not that then super speed. Ability to heal others. Weather, think of how much good that can do. Telepathy. Telekinesis. Teleport. Bring back the dead, this is low on the list because this might be a little tough to use responsibly.

firetamer13

Jun 8, 2010
Telekinesis, once you learn how to manipulate molecules. Say hello to a life of ease. Transmutation, Transmogrification (is there a big difference?), Flight, the possibilities go on and on.
captcha: smento points. The new Escapist currency?

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Shloogor said:
You a granted the ability to have any superpower so long as it has no use in combat (crime-fighting, world conquering, and so on)
What do you choose?
Mind control, but only in non-threatening situations.

IE: I could walk into a bank and politely ask a teller for a thousand dollars for no good reason and get it.

BUT, I couldn't convince the nice Police Man to stop shooting at me during my escape. Of course, I could surrender, wait until I'm locked up, and politely ask the guard to let me go.