If you could have only one drug.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Adrenaline.
The effects are awesome (and mostly positive) and you don't have to spend money on it.

GmonXyZ

Mar 3, 2012
For me: Tetrahydrocannabinol [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol] - Condoned in my country ;)

For the world: ditto - Tho legal issues will arise ;)

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Can I say omni-gel?
Caffeine, alcohol, [sub]THC[/sub], and all that stuff are fun but not very helpful when going up against Reapers or if I get sit.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Nightmonger said:
I would pick either terbutaline sulfate this is the drug found in my inhalers (asthma sufferer) or a general antibiotic of some sort.
Those are both medicinal, so unless you want them only to get high you'd be allowed to have them anyways.
i.e. I want the drug you choose to be one that's for enjoyment only.
SwimmingRock said:
First off: CAFFEEEEIIINNNEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Having gotten that out of my system, LSD would be a close second. It also makes you hyper for about 6 hours, which is even more than caffeine will get you. It's just, you know, the bits where you drown in an endless, cold, black ocean kind of offset the practical benefits.
Ah, LSD. I'd almost forgotten about that. I hear it's actually one of the safest drugs out there if it's good.
I guess I should specify that the supply of your drug of choice would be absolutely clean and prime quality.
I don't want concerns such as quality to get in the way of making a proper judgement.

I haven't tried LSD though, so it's hard to commit to a lifetime with the stuff without knowing its effects intimately.

I guess a lot of it comes down to whether the occurence of "bad trips" is due to poor quality in the drug or if it's just an inherent thing that you can't get around.
Jonluw said:
I hear that caffeine in large quantities can have psychedelic effects though.
Not to my knowledge.
Refer to post #6.
I think I heard somewhere that some indigenous tribes have been using extremely concentrated caffeine for ritual purposes, and wikipedia lists hallucinations as one of the effects of overdose.
I don't have any of this backed up though, so take it with a pinch of salt.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
So if we can't choose illegal drugs and medicinal ones are already included we are left with alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine?

Pretty boring but caffeine wins out of those three for me.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
Well, at first I was going to say weed (since it's almost legal in the U.S. once people pull their heads out of their asses) but then I gave a think.

I'd have to go with caffeine as well. It's tastey and more fun. Sitting on the couch giggling can be entertaining once in a while, but I prefer to be energetic.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Jonluw said:
i.e. I want the drug you choose to be one that's for enjoyment only.
I see

In that case, caffeine, its the only thing in that category weak enough to slip by my personal objections. I abhor and despise recreational drug use. Even if the drug in question is perfectly safe (something that even cannabis cannot entirely claim, although it is far better than some others), there is never any excuse for deliberately screwing with your mind for the fun of it.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
you had to include caffiene...you just had to do it.. i was gonna say something else but NOOOOO ya had to mention caffiene is a drug....thats the one.. I cant live without my soda

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Jonluw said:
Having gotten that out of my system, LSD would be a close second. It also makes you hyper for about 6 hours, which is even more than caffeine will get you. It's just, you know, the bits where you drown in an endless, cold, black ocean kind of offset the practical benefits.
Ah, LSD. I'd almost forgotten about that. I hear it's actually one of the safest drugs out there if it's good.
I guess I should specify that the supply of your drug of choice would be absolutely clean and prime quality.
I don't want concerns such as quality to get in the way of making a proper judgement.

I haven't tried LSD though, so it's hard to commit to a lifetime with the stuff without knowing its effects intimately.

I guess a lot of it comes down to whether the occurence of "bad trips" is due to poor quality in the drug or if it's just an inherent thing that you can't get around.
No, drowning in an endless, cold, black ocean was not a bad trip. It was what happened when I drank cola the first time I took acid. It only lasted for about 3 seconds and was more interesting than bad. I'm just saying that LSD works as a drug to keep you awake and active, but that the occasional bit of confusion might impede your daily functioning more than caffeines negative effects. That's why I made LSD my second choice.

And yes, LSD is quite safe. Neither physically nor mentally addictive and not medically harmful. It's safer than any legal drug (including weed, if that fits your countrys definition of legal). For the life of me, I can't understand why it's illegal at all. I assume paranoia and the all-encompassing fear of old voters led to it being outlawed, but I'm not sure why that still holds up.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
The White stuff.

Not Milk.

Cocaine.

My poor nicotine ;_; farewell, brother.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
madwarper said:
Penicillin
MrLumber said:
people picking things that aren't medicinal will have a fun time with illness.
Refer to the OP.
Drugs that are needed for medical purposes will still be available for those.
Heronblade said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Heronblade said:
Aspirin

A generic almost universally effective painkiller that has other health benefits is tough to beat.

I for one can live without caffeine, and most people who think they can't need to step down off of it for their own good anyways.
I think Aspirin falls under the medical side of things which are an exception, according to the OP. If they were not I would definitely pick some drug that does more to help you get through a cold than get you high.
I took his comment on medical drugs to mean anything actually required for a serious medical issue is provided, and not every drug that has a medicinal effect (since by definition they all do, just not necessarily a positive one)
Oooh, that's a tough one.
I don't know whether to include over the counter moderate painkillers in the 'medicinal' bunch or not.
I'm going to say that a drug which's main or only effect is to numb pain/sensation without distorting other senses counts as drugs that will be available to you no matter what.
The reason for this is that my reason for making the thread in the first place was to see what drugs people would use for recreational purposes if they could have a free pick.
GoaThief said:
So if we can't choose illegal drugs and medicinal ones are already included we are left with alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine?

Pretty boring but caffeine wins out of those three for me.
Oh, but you can chose illegal drugs!
I was just asking that you do not condone them in a way that will offend the mods.
i.e. You can say "If I could have any drug I wanted without legal repercussions, I'd choose heroin".
But you can't say "Damn guys, you should all try heroin. It feels awesome, and it's even fairly easy to get away with. I promise."

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Caffeine. So I guess I'm buying the sodas, guys, for being so late to the party.

If it had to be illegal, then one of those pills from that movie about the dude who could think real fast. Can never remember its name, strangely. All I know is that it starts with a I. Impossible maybe? Note that I said ONE and would prefer to not know who gave it to me so that I can't go back for a fix, and as such don't get any health damage.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
LSD, I suppose. Or cannabis. Or MDMA. This is too difficult. Properly regulated, they would all make the world a better place. Which is why they are illegal.

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
Hypothetically, if weed was legal, and I was allowed to pick it.. Yeah, then that.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
SwimmingRock said:
Jonluw said:

No, drowning in an endless, cold, black ocean was not a bad trip. It was what happened when I drank cola the first time I took acid. It only lasted for about 3 seconds and was more interesting than bad. I'm just saying that LSD works as a drug to keep you awake and active, but that the occasional bit of confusion might impede your daily functioning more than caffeines negative effects. That's why I made LSD my second choice.
Ah, yes. I assume trying to replace caffeine's practical effects in your daily life with LSD would end pretty... weirdly?
Lunch break. Time for some LSD. Holy crap, my sandwich is talking to me!
Or would it be possible to use doses small enough to not actually experience many psychoactive effects?

If I were to chose LSD, I'd probably keep the use confined to the weekends.
And yes, LSD is quite safe. Neither physically nor mentally addictive and not medically harmful. It's safer than any legal drug (including weed, if that fits your countrys definition of legal). For the life of me, I can't understand why it's illegal at all. I assume paranoia and the all-encompassing fear of old voters led to it being outlawed, but I'm not sure why that still holds up.
Yeah, consistency is to drug laws what rats are to the ecosystem.
It belongs there, but we sure as hell are trying our best to keep it out.
[sub]Now that's a forced simile if I ever made one.[/sub]

AM City Watch

Nov 10, 2010
Booze.

Always have two bottles of whiskey on hand: a full one to drink from, and an empty one to hit people who try to take the first bottle away with.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Aspirin. All the way. Or any drug that does the same thing.

Have fun with your pain and fevers, you guys.

That or antibiotics. Because, you know, I don't really like dying from bacteria.

DirtyJunkieScum

Feb 5, 2012
Heroin. I get it on prescription so I suppose it comes under the "available for medical purposes" clause anyway, but hell, I still choose that.

Edit: Secondly, if I was making the decision for the whole of humanity I suppose I'd go with something different since I still get what I want under the "medical purposes" bit. So then I go for...umm...probably caffeine, I like tea and I can't think of any other drug I'd want to do.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
This was probably a bad idea for a thread, with most drugs being either medical or illegal.

I myself would have to go with caffein, like everyone else here apparently, since it's already the only drug I intake. I didn't realize how addicted I was to the stuff until I went a day with only drinking water and started going through withdrawl. I felt like a dizzy tranquilized slug with a pulsing headache.