If you could have the answer to any one question....

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
Condor219 said:
"Is this statement false?"
thats not a statement.

i would ask what is the question to which the answer is 42?
and of course the answer will inevitably be either "7x6" or "there is no question, Douglas Adams just pulled that out of his ass." and everyone will be disappointed.

but at least then we'll know for SURE

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
am i the only seeing the huge flaw with the logic of this thread??
OH FUCK! I JUST WASTED MY ONE QUESTION!!!
damn... :p

hobohazard

Apr 2, 2011
well, it would be the answer to life the universe and every thing, but we already know the answer to that. in witch case its "what the hell is bungi up two now a days?"

madmatt

Jan 12, 2010
teqrevisited said:
How can I live forever?

Though it'd probably refer me to the epic of Gilgamesh and then crumble to dust.

Failing that, I'd ask for the lottery numbers. If I can't live forever I'll live a millionaire and make people remember me.
What is that? The epic of Gilgamesh?

Do you think we can have a Godwin's law equivalent for the escapist - only instead of Nazi's, it's God?

OT: What happens to you after you die? As a being?

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
What will the date and time of my death be.
Seriously, the suspense is killing me.

Also, it would be an excuse to throw a "Deathday party."

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
madmatt said:
teqrevisited said:
How can I live forever?

Though it'd probably refer me to the epic of Gilgamesh and then crumble to dust.

Failing that, I'd ask for the lottery numbers. If I can't live forever I'll live a millionaire and make people remember me.
What is that? The epic of Gilgamesh?

Do you think we can have a Godwin's law equivalent for the escapist - only instead of Nazi's, it's God?

OT: What happens to you after you die? As a being?
The epic of Gilgamesh is a story of the ancient sumerian king of the same name. It ultimately ended in a quest for immortality that led him to the realisation that he would not be able to live forever physically, but could live forever through his deeds.

*Edit for repeated word...ness. Pff, I'm tired*

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
"What is the most practical way to attain immortality?"

Immortality is the one thing I want more than anything, so this one's a no-brainer. I do have to be careful and throw in the word "practical," though; I don't want the answer I get to involve magical dust from the center of a black hole or some such bullshit, and I want to still be physically and mentally functional. I should probably also go on to define "immortality" as "the continued existence of my mind and personality," making my actual biological body unnecessary if it would otherwise hold me back.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
How do I achieve eternal life?

No, wait. I read the Epic of Gilgamesh. Question answered.

How do I make my name echo through eternity?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I'd go for the lottery win but so i didnt end up sharing a small jackpot with a bunch of other people i would use the phrasing 'which lottery numbers will grant me the largest amount of cash if i use them every week for the next year?'

After that i just have to be patient and diligent

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Dragonclaw said:
What are this weeks Mega Million numbers?
This one. Philosophy is dangerous. Asking one of those deep meaning of life questions is just asking for trouble. Imagine if you asked: "Why are people so stupid?" and the answer was: "Because god made them in his image." that would like, ruin my whole life. As for "Is this statement false?" the answer is: "That is not a statement."

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
"When will the undoubtedly superior extra-terrestrial life come down to make friends? And moreover, can I be the ambassador?"