If you could pick any 1 game to have a complete next gen HD overhaul..

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Ieyke said:
*is interpreting "next gen HD overhaul" to be anything from a game going from a 2D view to a 3D first-person view (as the Fallout series did), to simply cranking up the resolution and textures on the original graphics to eye-bleedingly crisp levels, and everything in between*

Hold on to something, here goes:

• - Arcanum:Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura (this is the "one" I would pick)

- Suikoden 1&2
    - Castlevania:Symphony Of The Night
    - Megaman X1-4 (The ONLY way to make X4 better is improving the resolution. Perfect game is perfect.)
    - MegaMan Legends 1&2 (oh, and "upgrade" MegaMan Legends 3 into "existinginthisreality-o-vision")
    - Demon's Crest
    - Donkey Kong Country 1-3
    - Super Mario RPG:Legend Of The Seven Stars
    - Pokemon Blue/Gold/Sapphire (I want these in Skyrim style, dammit!)
    - Minecraft (See:Westeroscraft screenshots on The Escapist)
    - Diablo II:Lord Of Destruction (because all Diablo III really did was make me crave an HD remake of D2)
    - Xenogears (fantastic game.....soooooo pixelated....>_<)
    - Age Of Empires 1&2 Rise Of Rome/The Conquerors (AoE3 can go die in a fire)
    - Age Of Mythology
    - Atom Zombie Smasher
    - Azure Dreams
    - Thousand Arms
    - Final Fantasy Tactics:War Of The Lions (AKA the only good Final Fantasy game)

EDIT:I typed this out and then read the thread. I'm so proud of you guys who said Arcanum. *brofist*
I just went back and ended up rereading like 2 years worth of my posts. Apparently I'm super consistent. I've listed almost exactly this list of games like 6 times now.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
subtlefuge said:
I'm going to skip the obvious Earthbound because the distinct art style would be sacrificed by updating it.

My second option is also a much loved SNES game though, a little bit more popular: SUPER METROID.

I win.

I fully agree with you, but only if they keep the original music.

l0ckd0wn

Jul 17, 2012
Ieyke said:
- Final Fantasy Tactics:War Of The Lions (AKA the only good Final Fantasy game)[/list]
I thought this too, even if it was the original for PS and not the PSP remake. Both are still very good strategy games.

captcha: deal me in, dealer.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Super Mario 64 would be perfect! Plus, they can add all the stuff they did in the DS Re-release, and then add even more stuff! Make the castle bigger, add more Bowser Battles, More secrets, More enemies, More NPCs, more hats. Do it all!

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
If they did Final Fantasy 7 properly (i.e. not what they actually did), I'd be all over it.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Chasm: The Rift. It's a pity Action forms had such bad timing on their initial release. It's time they try it again! Besides, I'd love to see the Jokers in HD.

DAMN, they'd look awesome! Crazy friggin' dog-argonian-alien-mediaval cyborgs!

Aaron Foltz

Aug 6, 2012
Yes, to SNES's Super Metroid.

Flash: The Quest for Identity
Metroid Prime series
Shadow of the Colossus (with multiplayer as an option.)
ICO

Now the Shadow of the Colossus multiplayer would be for fun only. No story arc unless the "tribe" or people in the game have a reason to go to the forbidden area. When I seen Demigod, I was like how cool would it be to have teams or just 8 or more people trying to take down colossi.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
COCORON! Cocoron was a NES game made in the style of Mega Man with the ability to make Mega-Man so to speak. Choosing between upgrades such as a Boomerang, Parasols or simple Pencils were all upgradable weapons while within a stage. Different body types like Car, Tank and Boat made maneuvering through certain terrain easier. Different weights effect jumping and there's even more shit which you can go into, but I'll stop.

It's amazing game. If you have a NES or NES emulator, download this and enjoy.

Cheeta-Men 2, because.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I'd love to see the Jet Set Radio games get that treatment (although I've only played the second one). Not only do I just really wanna be able to play them again, but taking an already colourfully cell-shaded series from prior console generations and making it in HD would look absolutely, mesmerisingly amazing.