If you could take away one law...

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
OmegaXzors said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Yes. Because it's TOTALLY the religious people fucking up our economy. TOTALLY.
Countries with 3/4 Atheists have better economies. It's proven. Go look it up. Every war is based on religion or has religion tied on it. Even the current Iraq war says, "Christian boys, go fight the good fight!"
Even so, no matter what law you pass, you can't exactly change how people feel. Being religious is something people are conditioned to be by their upbringing or have strong feeling leading them. You can claim it's illegal, but people would just lie and carry on in private. Especially if you pass a law against it - then people would probably dedicate more of their time to complaining and worshipping because they would feel oppressed. It just doesn't really make sense...

Anyway, I'm not sure... but I wouldn't get rid of any violent laws. You have to bear in mind that other people will be able to go against that previous law as well.
Maybe legalize marijuana everywhere though?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
OmegaXzors said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Countries with 3/4 Atheists have better economies. It's proven. Go look it up. Every war is based on religion or has religion tied on it. Even the current Iraq war says, "Christian boys, go fight the good fight!"
You sir, I don't like already. 3/4ths of all wars have been fought for reasons not relating to religion, and even if religion was tied in, it was only a ploy, and not really a prime concern.

OP: Acceptable Gay Marriages all over the world. Of course, certain places Gays would move away as soon as the law came back, but hopefully most will escape.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Icecoldcynic said:
Jedoro said:
Here in Tennessee, I'd make it legal for the day to shoot whales from a moving vehicle.

Yeah...
I don't think that's illegal, just frowned upon.
I think the illegal part would be getting them in range.

Unless he meant boats?

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
All speed limits.

EDIT:
tiberiusosx said:
uhhhhh. i'm surprised no one has mentioned it...speed limits. freaking gone.
My first ninja too. This is turning out to be a very interesting thread.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
Icecoldcynic said:
Jedoro said:
Here in Tennessee, I'd make it legal for the day to shoot whales from a moving vehicle.

Yeah...

Unless he meant boats?
Well I thought he was talking about using the whales themselves as projectiles. To be honest the post made no sense since Tennessee is nowhere near the sea, and it's unlikely you'd be able to shoot any whales anyway.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
OmegaXzors said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
What killed our economy is more than just the war. It's stupid Americans spending money that they didn't have in the first place, and living beyond their mean.
I smell smoke.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
OmegaXzors said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
What killed our economy is more than just the war. It's stupid Americans spending money that they didn't have in the first place, and living beyond their mean.
I smell smoke.
OH SHIT! THE COOKIES ARE BURNING!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Icecoldcynic said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Icecoldcynic said:
Jedoro said:

Yeah...

Unless he meant boats?
Well I thought he was talking about using the whales themselves as projectiles. To be honest the post made no sense since Tennessee is nowhere near the sea, and it's unlikely you'd be able to shoot any whales anyway.
I'm still trying to figure out if he's talking about the large, ocean dwelling mammals or fat chicks. I will say this....the mental image of launching fat chicks out of moving vehicles makes me giggle every time I think about. I'm pretty sure my coworkers think I'm losing my grip on my sanity. They are probably correct.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
antidonkey said:
I'm still trying to figure out if he's talking about the large, ocean dwelling mammals or fat chicks. I will say this....the mental image of launching fat chicks out of moving vehicles makes me giggle every time I think about. I'm pretty sure my coworkers think I'm losing my grip on my sanity. They are probably correct.
Well the image made me chuckle to myself, so perhaps i'm also insane.

The Unskilled78

Dec 4, 2008
Proteus214 said:
Plurralbles said:
illegal drugs being illegal. I would love to legally get high just for a day because really, that's all the amount of time i want to spend high.
Maltyz said:
Legalize pot man!
Crayzor said:
Legalise all drugs for a day.
BigZ225 said:
I'd get rid of Marijuana control laws. Free the herb!
The votes are in. FFS Legalize already!
Because four people is a clear sign that legalization will be a good thing.
I just rolled my eyes so hard they popped loose. Thanks.

madmatt

Jan 12, 2010
The Unskilled78 said:
Proteus214 said:
Plurralbles said:
illegal drugs being illegal. I would love to legally get high just for a day because really, that's all the amount of time i want to spend high.
Maltyz said:
Legalize pot man!
Crayzor said:
Legalise all drugs for a day.
BigZ225 said:
I'd get rid of Marijuana control laws. Free the herb!
The votes are in. FFS Legalize already!
Because four people is a clear sign that legalization will be a good thing.
I just rolled my eyes so hard they popped loose. Thanks.
i will sell your eyes back to you with interest. For one day allow all pubs to be open 24 hours - no more damn clubs for me!

seriously though - world wide? discrimination on grounds of sexuality. Or just in the UK? I would remove the law allowing trial without juries.

Audio

Apr 8, 2010
Human rights for prisoners.
Stop feeding them, turn off their heaters/Xbox/TVs, switch off their lights and leave them wearing rags. Perhaps...'remove' a few to clear up some room. Rather my taxes went somewhere better tyvm :|

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
canadamus_prime said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
OmegaXzors said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I smell smoke.
OH SHIT! THE COOKIES ARE BURNING!
Funny guy. Evidently subtlety is lost on you.