If you could try any drug without addiction and 100% safety?

Fetus

Nov 25, 2012
So, yeah. Tittle is basically straight to the point.
So, If you could do any drug and be 100% safe without addiction just to experience it what drug would you do?
I would probably do heroin, considering its been described as the ultimate tranquility.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Whatever that shit is that they pumped into Captain America.
Might as well use a useful drug, I'd rather be out there winning medals in athletics and saving people than sitting on my sofa zoned out giggling like a moron.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
If 100% safety meant that I was guaranteed to not have a shit time, I would try acid.

The addiction thing isn't even relevant, I just think that if I did try it I'd be one of those people who freaks out. I know nothing seriously bad would happen, I'd just have a crappy time and who wants that?

felbot

May 11, 2011
lsd probably, i really want to hallucinate stuff, like a Jackie chan tulpa.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Colour-Scientist said:
If 100% safety meant that I was guaranteed to not have a shit time, I would try acid.

The addiction thing isn't even relevant, I just think that if I did try it I'd be one of those people who freaks out. I know nothing seriously bad would happen, I'd just have a crappy time and who wants that?
I'd go with acid as well. Either that or LSD. Something that would make me trip balls and become one with the universe.

Jayemsal

Dec 28, 2012
wintercoat said:
Colour-Scientist said:

I'd go with acid as well. Either that or LSD. Something that would make me trip balls and become one with the universe.
>_>

freakin squares, man.

LSD IS ACID.

I'd say LSD tho, it offers a very unique experience and using it may actually give you some of the best experiences of your entire life.

I firmly believe everyone should take LSD at least once in their life.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Addiction isn't really relevant with most drugs if your only trying it (generally).

I've tried most things and the few i haven't i won't really touch as the effects aren't that appealing to me nor the come downs.

Rather than acid i feel everyone should experience MDMA/Ecstacy at least once, always while with some friends you're close to and feel the love, feel at peace with everyone and everything including yourself.

This over acid because there's nothing like being on a bad trip begging your mind to be sane as the door to your mind is ripped from the hinches and left wide open. How ever should you be tripping and you can manage to operate a tv find some nature documentary and enjoy :p

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
None.

The only ones I haven't tried are ones I've avoided for very specific reasons and some hypothetical assurance of 100% safety and 0% addiction risk wouldn't be enough to change my mind, especially since safety and addiction wasn't a factor when I did used to take drugs, nor is it a straightforward factor in my decision not take drugs now.

If these drugs are somehow rendered safe and addiction free, then they wouldn't be the same drug. Part of what makes a drug unsafe and addictive are it's properties, so removing these properties would change the experience and probably render the drug inert.

It's an impossible hypothetical situation because the only way to make a drug 100% safe would be to prevent it from doing what it does, which would make taking it a pointless and unnoticeable experience.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
There aren't many I haven't tried without such assurance. Probably heroin if I had that assurance thought. Maybe ketamine or PCP. I like dissassociatives and heroin is supposedly the height of drug experience.

Furthermore, if I had the assurance that MDMA would be safe and addiction free consistently I would do that very often. Alas, it is fucking terrible for you and can make you noticeably stupider with repeated use.

bananafishtoday

Nov 30, 2012
Anyone who doesn't say acid is wrong imo (not that it's really addictive or dangerous anyway.)

Anyway my response is pretty much in line with Jumash's in that it's too impossible to conceive a way for this to "work" that'd be in line with reality. It's also worth noting that many drugs aren't actually chemically addictive so much as psychologically addictive. (That's not to say the latter don't do physical damage with habitual use though. Every substance is unique.) Personally I just keep very strict rules on what I will/won't do and stick by them.

Crises^

Sep 21, 2010
Jayemsal said:
wintercoat said:
Colour-Scientist said:

>_>

freakin squares, man.

LSD IS ACID.

I'd say LSD tho, it offers a very unique experience and using it may actually give you some of the best experiences of your entire life.

I firmly believe everyone should take LSD at least once in their life.
100% agree best experience of my life, only tried it once but omg was it worth it.
Watched Pink Floyd the wall( you have to love that movie to watch it when tripping, would not reccomend to anyone who finds it scary or freeky normally) and some dj animated movie where everything is zinced to the beat.
What I experienced was the cobwebs on the walls turned into a side scroll cartoon. the flower in the toilet was breathing towards me. the tv was all kinda morphy/wavey kinda like the surface of the ocean.

And you laugh your head off, never laughed so hard in my life also everything feels and tasted better.
Would reccomend with b&j ice cream and some sower sweet :D

only one bad part of the 8 hour exsperiance was the window was slightly open so a cold breeze came in and felt like it was trying to drag me into the back of the sofa, friends calmed me down though and was all good.

By the way it was one of these http://discovermagazine.com/~/media/import/images/e/0/9/hoffman-acid-150
Cost for one square is ?5 donno how much the sheet costs though.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I want to try heroine if the only assurance is that I would not get addicted.
I want to drop acid if I can be guaranteed I will not have a bad trip.

I am not really interested in meth.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
The drug I use most of the times is my crazy imagination.
It help me a lot to forget a little how sh*tty reality is I must say.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
damn i was gonna say meth but a large dose of LSD might be the way to go
tried a lot of drugs in my time and while i would never try and glorify taking any form of drug i can at least give you an idea of what heroin is like. spend 2 or 3 days heavily exercising and working your ass to the bone to the point of exhaustion. get zero sleep to the point where the most important thing in the world is to get 5 minuets worth. now go find yourself a nice comfy bed and go to sleep, the last few seconds before you fall asleep is basically what heroin is like.

if you've ever seen a junkie given a shot of Naloxone to bring them out of an OD and seen how pissed off they can get it's basically because they have been woken up from the best sleep they have ever had.

i also want to counter this post with the fact that i have spent a bit of time as a drug counselor and had numerous friends die either directly or indirectly from drug abuse and while it could be possible to try some of the more addictive drugs a few times and walk away before addiction takes hold every single person i knew that tried meth or heroin did eventually become addicted and spent years battling the addiction if they were lucky enough to survive.
i can tell you stories of people turning from high powered accountants to hiv positive prostitutes in months or how one dose of heroin made one guy rob his own grandmother in days but suffice to say

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Probably heroin. For starters, cocaine is a fucking horrible sensation and is ridiculously expensive, and the only other three drugs I'd have any interest in trying are cannabis, MDMA and acid, which I do take/have taken (I've only taken acid once, I'm not sure if I would like to do it too much) and I've never experienced any particularly bad side effects from them (the worst thing I can think of is that when I get really tired, I occasionally hallucinate tiny flies in the corner of my eye).

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Nothing.
I don't like feeling in any way that I'm not supposed to, regardless of the emotion the drug brings on.
Either I'd love it so much that I'd miss it later and the rest of life would be horrible by comparison,
or I just don't like not being able to do things that I intend to do.

I don't even like the feeling of being buzzed, where I fully intend to walk a straight line and end up zigzagging.

SweetShark said:
The drug I use most of the times is my crazy imagination.
It help me a lot to forget a little how sh*tty reality is I must say.
Crazy imagination is a wonderful drug.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I've always wanted to try Acid but a friend of mine described a bad trip he had to me and after hearing what it was like I became...hesitant.