If you had a son, what would you name him?

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Julius Alexander or Alexander Julius, after 2 of the most influential men in history. With that sort of name, he has to be epic.

Zuljeet

Jan 14, 2010
kittii-chan 300 said:
Zuljeet said:
allrighty. My wife and I are having a really hard time picking a boys name for our next child (if it's a girl, we have that squared away). So I turn to you, escapist forum. What are some good boy names?

PS. We have ruled out Sue and Skeletor ;(
May I ask what name you picked for if it's a girl please? Im a curious person.
If it is a girl: Casey Jeaneanne ^^

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
first name: DUKE

Usage: English

Pronounced: DOOK [key]
From the noble title duke, which was originally derived from Latin dux "leader".

Middle name: NOBLE

Usage: English

Pronounced: NO-bəl [key]
From an English surname meaning "noble, notable". The name can also be given in direct reference to the English word noble.

Last name (family name): Collins
Surname Origin
(Origin Gaelic) From Cuilein, darling, a term of endearment applied to young animals, as Catulus, in Latin. In the Welsh, Collen signifies hazel--a hazel-grove.

As you see I am quite proud of my English blood. My mothers-mother told me that her bloodline came over on the Mayflower in the 16th century. I also have a bit of Dutch, and a mix of a dozen others.

So my sons name will be
Duke Noble Collins

I believe in that names have some influence over your life and guide you. You still have the free will to change your destiny but I want my son to grow up to be a kind, noble, leader. A man who when he walks by others will say "let us follow him into battle for he will lead us to victory".

"Lord, I pray for a son who inspires others and leads them to do right in your eyes. Your will be done. Amen"

Nevergod

Feb 15, 2011
I think the name should have meaning, and not just the meaning you see in naming books, something special to you, there should be a story to it, whether you name it from a book, a game or from someone who has meant a lot to you, it should have a story i think.

Oh, and a new one, Cyrus, i like Cyrus

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Scarim Coral said:
Well I had always like the names James (although the name remain of this jeck back in high school), Ryan, Gareth or the popular name Jack (Jack Sparrow, Jack Bauer, Samurai Jack etc).

I suppose you could look up at some child naming websites since they provide history and meaning to each names.
Funnily enough I always liked the name James too. But I also could never bring myself to name my kid that thanks to a jerk I knew in highschool. Could James just be a name that naturally molds people into dicks?

On an aside would be wrong of me to name my son... Garrus?

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
I have a son and his name is Peter.

Named after the saint, Peter Bishop from fringe, it can also be loosely translated into "from the earth" or "earthen"

hipsquare

Mar 7, 2011
My wife and I made a system where we each wrote down ten names we liked and then took each others' lists and crossed names out that we didn't like to make our choice more manageable. That said, Cameron is the name we ended up with. We also liked Thomas, Nathan, Benjamin, and Peter.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
I always thought Davik was pretty badass, but he'd probably get teased a lot by other kids.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
What i would want to name my kid: Atticus

But it would probably turn in to one of those "Sit down and think realistically" kind of things with the other half, even though it's still a bitchin name. I mean there is so much meaning behind it. It can stand for my want of my kid growing up to be moral and fair, considerate but just, just like his namesake (Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird)

My family have a sort of Q/A session where names are thrown around and you try to come up with ways in which they can be given nicknames or made fun of. So far Atticus is still standing strong.