If you had a son, what would you name him?

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Well i'm naming my child Chewbacca Alexius Oliver Gatsby Rocketman Dovahkiin Baldry. So you know I don't think I'm the best person to ask this but I like the name Charles.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Velvo said:
Aloyisus! Pronounced aloe-wishus. It's rare and rather pretty and altogether badass because it is Mr. Snuffleupagus' first name! LOOK IT UP AWESOME. Oh, also is the name of the Italian patron saint of students, so hello good grades!
That's my father's name. I will let you keep your dignity/fantasy by not adding further information ;)

Delta437

Jan 29, 2011
I would think maybe Atlas, Adrian, Paxton, or Atticus. Atlas because i love greek mythos, Adrian because its been a favorite of mine for as long as i can remember, Paxton because he was a badass in F.E.A.R., and Atticus is a reference to Atticus Ross; a favorite musician of mine.

Markgraf

Apr 1, 2009
My first son I'd name after myself. There is a tradition in my family where the firstborn son always has the same name (patrillineally only though).

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
Lilani said:
Whatever you choose, for the love of God, don't spell it in a stupid way. Don't do Kole, or Jaymes, or Darrinn, or Marck, or Alin, or Willyam, or Kristofer, or Mikeal. The poor kid will never see his name spelled right until the day he dies. Oh, and I'd stay away from names that you can't tell how you spell them by the way they sound. Like Sean. Or Shawn, or Shaun. Seriously, people have ruined this name. And the only Seans I've known have been douchebags, anyway.
that's nothing... the friend of a colleague of mine named her child L-a... pronounced Ladashah... it's worrying

as for me, nathaniel of sebastian, though i'd have no idea about girls names

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
I've actually thought about this one a lot heres my six

Markus
Valens
Hector
Alexander
Victor
Jack

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Well the fiancé and I already have names down for our future children. xD We picked Ethan Alexander as our first sons name. :3

Velvo

Jan 25, 2010
KingofallCosmos said:
Velvo said:
Aloyisus! Pronounced aloe-wishus. It's rare and rather pretty and altogether badass because it is Mr. Snuffleupagus' first name! LOOK IT UP AWESOME. Oh, also is the name of the Italian patron saint of students, so hello good grades!
That's my father's name. I will let you keep your dignity/fantasy by not adding further information ;)
Yes, yes, a rose by any other name smells as sweet (or foul) and all that... But still, gotta love name symbolisms!

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
I think I'd like to name mine Logan. It's a pretty manly name, right? Wolverine's name is Logan.

imagremlin

Nov 19, 2007
No particular suggestions, but a few if hints.

1) Name him something rational (it's been said)

2) Give him his own name, do not hame him after such and such. I was named after an uncle and never felt the name belonged to me. Throughout my childhood I kept hearing (from family members) "Oh, like your uncle, how cute". Grrr.

3) Not too common. My name is the third most popular boy name in spanish. I never worked/studied at a place with less than five other blokes with the same name. And I hated it. Until I moved to Australia, that is.

4) If you think you'll ever move countries, try something that will be understandable in the other language. No one ever gets my name right in english (still, I rather have that than five other blokes with the same name around)

At the end of the day, your son may like or dislike his name in the long run, but at least you'll be able to say "I gave it much thought and did my best".

I followed these rules with my own son.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
His first name will be John. It's shared by me, my father, and my late grandfather (Me and my father go by our middle names).

furmaster3000

Apr 5, 2009
Corin
Olaf
Donald

His initials would be COD, COD!!!. But probably the person I would have the baby with, could have something against it. Maybe, Possibly. . .

I dunno. .. .