If you had a Time machine

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
If I had a time machine? I wouldn't use it all. In fact, I'd probably destroy it but not before saving the blueprints of it. I am satisfied with the way things are and do not wish to muddy the waters, so to speak.

Jun 7, 2010
Make the sexy with the virgin Mary, Marylin Monroe and whoever played the tramp girl in Charlie chaplin's "modern times".
Take some wine and place it in an underground bunker at the beginning of the earth (that prob not how wine works but fuck it).
The night before he's assassinated, take Martin luther king to the present and show him obama's inaugrigation (probs spelt wrong).
Possibly save MLK before he gets shot.
Hang around looking suspicious at the grassy knoll.
Snipe hitler in the balls.
Find out just when HL2 ep3 comes out.
Maybe go hang out with my dad before he died when I was 5/6.
Take a tour of dinosaur times, take some pictures, maybe a pet baby one.
Design spacewar.
Hang around medieval/Viking times.
See a fight at the colosseum.
Kick Jesus in the shins and run away laughing.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
But what if seeing something in the future causes you do do something when you get back home that changes the part of the future that caused you to do the thing back home?

Future paradoxes:

Serious business.
Going back to the past after having gone into the future is still reverse time travel. You can't create paradoxes by going into the future, but you can by going into the past (even if "the past" is actually "the present" just after having gone to the future).

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Wouldn't go back too far, don't want to fuck too much stuff up. But I'd probably correct a few of the more recent mistakes in my life, and make sure to win the most recent Euromillions rollover (which I believe was in excess of £100 million?)

And maybe influence my grandparents to buy stock in Microsoft, and my parents to buy stock in google

My family are gonna be loaded by the end of this!

That'd probably cause problems.

New plan: Nothing further than a week back, so the resultant timeline isn't too badly affected. Basically just the lottery thing, then. And assuming it's easy to use, maybe use it to rewind a couple of seconds after dying in CoD, building up infinite kill streaks/never dying

striker_002

Nov 10, 2009
To all those wanting to stop some event of WWII, think again. You may be one of the many, myself included, children/grandchildren of warbrides. If my grandfather hadn't helped liberate holland and meet my grandmother there, my father and by extent me wouldn't exist.

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Ooh, I thought of another one. Go to the future and get convincing special effects mannequins (movies now can have convincing corpses, they'll be even better in the future) of JFK, Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Gandhi, and various other people who were murdered. Do the same for notable historical figures who died of diseases we can now cure. If it's more than 150 years ago, I'll first have to go back in time to photograph them.

I'll go save all these historical figures and replace their bodies with the futuristic fake corpses. I'll introduce them to the modern world, showing them videos about all the history they've missed.

Also, I'd want to save important historical documents just before they were destroyed. For example, I'd save books from the libraries at Alexandria and Baghdad, which were destroyed by Roman and Mongol invaders respectively. These massive repositories of ancient knowledge might not have anything new, but they'd certainly be fascinating to translate.

I'd see if I could unlock the secrets of the still untranslated Voynich Manuscript, revealing the translation to the present so I don't change the past.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I'd do loads of stuff! I've got a fucking time machine! There's no one thing I'd do. I'd spend my whole life using it, travelling to the all different time periods (mostly in the future) until I found one awesome enough (e.g. shortly after first contact) to live in

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
go to he past and get a t rex egg then go even further into the past and leave the future egg there so that my past will take that egg in the future then travel to the present get a baby trex and get famous

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Cheery Lunatic said:
"And the winning lottery number for tomorrow is..."

Please tell me I'm not the only shallow person here.
nope me too!
but I would use this

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
striker_002 said:
To all those wanting to stop some event of WWII, think again. You may be one of the many, myself included, children/grandchildren of warbrides. If my grandfather hadn't helped liberate holland and meet my grandmother there, my father and by extent me wouldn't exist.
also the future would look very different (for example allot of scientific discoveries wouldn't be made)
even killing a dug would change the future

Thimblefoot

May 10, 2009
Travel back to the days of the Romans, and just live there, and try not to piss anybody off.

Either that or travel into the future to see what happens to humanity, and to hopefully see us acomplish interstellar travel. Wouln't like to see us withering away, still stuck on Earth.

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
bring a couple navy seals teams and a company of marines back to the 1400's and see if we could win the battle of towton.

Voidrunner

Feb 26, 2011
To be honest I'd probably lock it up somewhere so I wouldn't be tempted to use it, I know all sorts of messed up stuff starts happening when you time travel.

Apr 24, 2008
Rayne870 said:
I'd molest Hitler and start Red Alert IRL
Good call. He'd be too busy showering and dealing with his new found low self-esteem to pull any of that shit he's famous for.

I'd go back with a video camera, film what happened to the ninth legion, sell it for a silly amount of money. Enjoy my new found riches.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I would go back to last Thursday night and make sure I didn't do a colossally stupid thing that broke a friendship. Perhaps permanently.