If you had to be a henchman/worked for a villain, comic or otherwise, who would you work for?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
I would probably work for Shocker as he tends to supply his henchmen fairly well and doesn't just send them in on "suicide missions". Aside from that Spiderman doesn't even always knock the person out, I would also consider working for Lex Luthor as Superman has this habit of just sort of picking you up and putting you in jail without punching you.

I might also consider working for Grand Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars as he actually rewards his workers for being creative even if they are not successful and respects them as long as they own up to their mistakes and learn from them.

Captcha: Small Fry. You have no idea captcha, no idea.

jesse220

Sep 25, 2013
Harley Quinn. She was nice to her henchmen when she had them and if I had to get punched by anyone, I'd want it to be Batman.

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Galactus. Mostly because he gives his henchmen phenomenal cosmic power and then lets them keep it when they quit.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Poison Ivy.

I feel very strongly about the enviroment.
Yeah, not only is that an extreme case of "look but don't touch", Pamela there has a habit of seeing humanity as being more than a little disposable. If one of her plants is a bit malnourished for instance, the first mulch-able thing she see's will probably end up as fertilizer, if that happens to be you, too bad.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Heronblade said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Poison Ivy.

I feel very strongly about the enviroment.
Yeah, not only is that an extreme case of "look but don't touch", Pamela there has a habit of seeing humanity as being more than a little disposable. If one of her plants is a bit malnourished for instance, the first mulch-able thing she see's will probably end up as fertilizer, if that happens to be you, too bad.
Good thing I'm just in it for the enviroment then! :D

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
Ellis has described Authority as villains fighting bigger villains, so I'd work under Jenny Sparks. I'd already be positively super to even be a member :p

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
Mister Freeze.
Because i feel sorry for the guy :(

Also, singing!
... I'm so sorry... I feel bad just remembering this terrible movie...

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
This guy:

Why? Because he respects dependable underlings and understands that treating them like shit will just hurt you in the long run.

Will be hard to compete with Owen of course, tho...I can't muster such hypercompetence, but...

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
I'm gonna have to agree with Lex Luthor. That aside, maybe being one of the video-screen mooks in the hunger games. I've not read the book, but in the film I thought it looked like a fun job.)

But here's the real mind bender- if you work for a corporate entity, aren't you already a villainous henchman?

jamail77

May 21, 2011
jesse220 said:
Harley Quinn. She was nice to her henchmen when she had them and if I had to get punched by anyone, I'd want it to be Batman.
She was? I recall no such niceness, only lots of yelling and threats; they were less in a twisted, joking voice than many of Joker's to boot so she might have been serious on some of them, though they weren't as gruesome as Joker's. She was always commenting on their idiot-ness, at least she was like this in Arkham City.

Thug #1: "The real Joker's back."

Thug #2: "Thank god, man. I mean, who the hell wants Harley in charge? Between you and me, she's nuttier than he is."

[...]

Thug #3: "You guys better hope she didn't hear that."

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
HalloHerrNoob said:
Cant believe nobody mentioned him....

Best boss ever and also a supervilain. Hank Scorpio for the win!

EDIT: Blunderboy, why???? Why steal my single moment of glory? xD
Because only one of us can work for Globex and it will be me!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Caramel Frappe said:
I'd want to be a henchman for Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender

She may be cruel, insane.. and want power, but hey- she actually treats her friends well. Like, to a degree that as long as you're on her 'good list', she'll just want to socialize and be herself towards others which is unfortunate. She'd probably even teach me how to fight regardless if I could firebend or not.
Unless, you know, you advise her that attempting to dock the ship during a storm is a poor choice of action... then she'll threaten to throw you overboard out at Arctic seas.

I'd go with Dr. Doom or, as mentioned, Galactus... even "The Leader". All seem to have a respect for capable underlings.

Vegosiux said:
This guy:

Why? Because he respects dependable underlings and understands that treating them like shit will just hurt you in the long run.
Who is that guy?

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
Team Rocket!

Giovanni is pretty awesome, and Ratata and Zubat can become quite strong.

Also pokemon.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Blunderboy said:
HalloHerrNoob said:
Cant believe nobody mentioned him....

Best boss ever and also a supervilain. Hank Scorpio for the win!

EDIT: Blunderboy, why???? Why steal my single moment of glory? xD
Because only one of us can work for Globex and it will be me!
I actually feel ashamed I didn't mention him. You've both made me very upset that I forgot one of the greats of supervillains. How does that make you feel?